Hake to Valley Christian

Jaws31

It had to be done
WKBN is reporting that Valley Christian has hired Andy Hake. This is probably one of the most ridiculous things I have seen in a long, long time.
He hates privates, his comments, both publicly and privately, have proven that many times. His "values" dont line up with a school like Valley, both culturally and personally. Its just a weird hire all the way around.

Crazy as it sounds I think he will actually gets wins, not condoning him at all but I think he will win a couple years then move to a better job

Yeah. A lottt of this doesn’t make sense...

Maybe he thinks that because VC is so small and oft flies under the radar that they don’t count when he bashes schools like Mooney and Ursuline.
I’m not religious at all, but Hake doesn’t strike me as a devout Christian. Maybe I’m wrong.
Then there’s how he left Western Reserve...

I guess I’m not surprised that he’s coaching again... just a little surprised where he ended up.

This is almost comical if it wasn't true.

I agree BTrev, I thought he would go back as a OC somewhere and re-establish himself. But to jump right back into head coaching is a bit surprising. Coaching at a parochial makes it even more hard to believe.

Crazy as it sounds I think he will actually gets wins, not condoning him at all but I think he will win a couple years then move to a better job

Not crazy at all. VCS has had some pretty good size and talent come through the program recently. Coaching has been meh.

I think Hake will win more than he loses at VCS. The EOAC isn’t exactly the toughest conference. Columbiana, East Palestine, Leetonia, Lisbon, Southern Local, United, and Wellsville.

Not crazy at all. VCS has had some pretty good size and talent come through the program recently. Coaching has been meh.

I think Hake will win more than he loses at VCS. The EOAC isn’t exactly the toughest conference. Columbiana, East Palestine, Leetonia, Lisbon, Southern Local, United, and Wellsville.
I agree. Every time we played them, they always had talent. Kids were just never on the same page.

Most people (coaches) that I know assumed Andy would get a coaching job again, he wasn’t going to be on the shelf forever. Wins ultimately matter, and he has won a lot. I don’t think a lot of people thought it would be a Christian school that gives him the second chance, but it seems like VC desperately wanted to get this hire right especially after the last 2 years of being well below average. Good luck to coach Hake.

I wonder if he pulls some of those WR staff members over with him, and if he would retain any of the Valley guys. Interesting developments coming soon I think

I think Hake can win some games, IF he gets the kids to buy in and I'm not so sure they will. His players will be the complete opposite of what he had at WR. The chest thumping, super MAGA guy schtick wont go over well there.

I think Hake can win some games, IF he gets the kids to buy in and I'm not so sure they will. His players will be the complete opposite of what he had at WR. The chest thumping, super MAGA guy schtick wont go over well there.
But Hakes a chamillion. He had the respect of East kids when he was a coordinator. He will tone down the MAGA schtick at Valley. Hes aggressive and emotional so that will play VERY well with VCS kids A huge problem prior was coddling kids. That wont happen with Hake. The real interesting thing I'll wait to see is when he loses his cool and goes over the top. If hes winning, does VCS administrators turn the other way? To me, that'll be the test.

I don't understand the hate here! This man made a mistake that he has owned up to from day 1.....I have never shook the hand of a man who is mistake free! Hake has always made the kids who have been lucky enough to learn from him better, not just in sports but life as well. I'm sure if you ask him though he would say he is better because of them. Would it be wrong to assume that most of the hate on here is coming from people who have either lost to his team or wish they still had him as the coach of the team they support. He deserves a second chance and a mistake doesn't take away from 10 plus years of doing things the right way! His players will become better men because of his humility and heart!

I don't understand the hate here! This man made a mistake that he has owned up to from day 1.....I have never shook the hand of a man who is mistake free! Hake has always made the kids who have been lucky enough to learn from him better, not just in sports but life as well. I'm sure if you ask him though he would say he is better because of them. Would it be wrong to assume that most of the hate on here is coming from people who have either lost to his team or wish they still had him as the coach of the team they support. He deserves a second chance and a mistake doesn't take away from 10 plus years of doing things the right way! His players will become better men because of his humility and heart!
Getting high in the bathroom of the school then walking into a classroom to teach kids isn't a mistake, it should be a felony.

Getting high in the bathroom of the school then walking into a classroom to teach kids isn't a mistake, it should be a felony.
Not sure your connection to the situation but you seem to want to make this personal?!?!?! He made a mistake as I am sure you have made plenty of your own. Starting a thread to bash someone is one of them! This could be one of them situations you grow from and only time will tell! The bottom line is he deserves a second chance to prove us right or wrong! He doesn't deserve someone like you hiding behind a keyboard questioning his character because you decided to read the newspaper a couple times.

Not sure your connection to the situation but you seem to want to make this personal?!?!?! He made a mistake as I am sure you have made plenty of your own. Starting a thread to bash someone is one of them! This could be one of them situations you grow from and only time will tell! The bottom line is he deserves a second chance to prove us right or wrong! He doesn't deserve someone like you hiding behind a keyboard questioning his character because you decided to read the newspaper a couple times.

That's not personal, it's a fact! He used an illegal drug moments before walking into a classroom where he was responsible for the lives of children! Why anyone would want this tool in their school system is beyond me! If I were a parent of a kid at YCS, I would pull my kid from the school right now! This is a joke! There are plenty of hungry young coaches who deserve a shot at being a HC somewhere a lot more than this tool who's already had a chance and blew it! YCS just became a laughing stock!

This is absolutely nuts. This is not a mistake. This was an asinine choice, made by a fool.
This will haunt Valley Christian.

Mike Pecchia must be an idiot!!!

I would have zero problem telling him to his face what I think about him. You get high and teach you should NEVER have the opportunity to work around kids again plain and simple. Comparing me starting a thread with what he did is laughable. The fact that the guy is an a**hole is actually exscusable, what he did isn’t. I don't need any newspaper articles to question his character. If you don't like hearing that then it's on you. If you condone what he did or shrug it off as a "mistake" then I would call your character into question.

So many perfect people out there! Valley is giving a second chance to someone who has made a mistake! I've read about forgiveness somewhere else, I just cant think of the name of that book! Hmm Before you respond, think of the beer you had before dropping your kid off, or the several mistakes each one of us had made in our lives! Do we not deserve a chance to grow, learn and become better? I would hope that I could be perfect in my marriage, raising my kid, doing my job and in every aspect of my life, but when pealing back the curtains, I am able to view mistakes along the way! Growth, humility and asking for forgiveness will allow me to not repeat those mistakes! Ever had some drinks the night before going to work? Did you wait 12 hours for it to leave your system and get into a vehicle? Not here for an argument but am happy to see someone get an opportunity to right a wrong and share his story with young minds! Who knows, it could save one of them from making a similar mistake in the future! God Bless!

So many perfect people out there! Valley is giving a second chance to someone who has made a mistake! I've read about forgiveness somewhere else, I just cant think of the name of that book! Hmm Before you respond, think of the beer you had before dropping your kid off, or the several mistakes each one of us had made in our lives! Do we not deserve a chance to grow, learn and become better? I would hope that I could be perfect in my marriage, raising my kid, doing my job and in every aspect of my life, but when pealing back the curtains, I am able to view mistakes along the way! Growth, humility and asking for forgiveness will allow me to not repeat those mistakes! Ever had some drinks the night before going to work? Did you wait 12 hours for it to leave your system and get into a vehicle? Not here for an argument but am happy to see someone get an opportunity to right a wrong and share his story with young minds! Who knows, it could save one of them from making a similar mistake in the future! God Bless!
How can you possibly compare having beers the night before work and GETTING HIGH IN SCHOOL AND TEACHING KIDS? Evoke the bible all you want but he should not be allowed to have kids in his charge. I can't imagine you would be so holier-than-thou if it was your kids he had in his care. And if you think it was a onetime thing you're kidding yourself. It was the one time he got caught. BTW I have never "had a beer before I dropped my kid off" because I know and care about the consequences of my actions. He didn't.

I’m all for second chances. I’m not anti-weed, but getting high on school grounds and then teaching a class... that would be a hard pass for me.
Sorry. I guess that makes me a bad guy.

Give me a break...
Not a bad man at all and very much entitled to your opinion! We can’t all be saints like Jaws who can do no wrong! I respect your opinion and am also 100% sure of mine! I don’t agree with what took place but understand making mistakes and learning from them! The bottom line is it happened, changes were made and comeback stories have to start with someone taking a chance! He is a football coach and not in the running for bishop anytime soon, therefor I believe when it comes to coaching football a second chance is warranted! I do not believe he is trying to teach which is the punishment he is currently serving for the mistake! Have a wonderful day!

Not a bad man at all and very much entitled to your opinion! We can’t all be saints like Jaws who can do no wrong! I respect your opinion and am also 100% sure of mine! I don’t agree with what took place but understand making mistakes and learning from them! The bottom line is it happened, changes were made and comeback stories have to start with someone taking a chance! He is a football coach and not in the running for bishop anytime soon, therefor I believe when it comes to coaching football a second chance is warranted! I do not believe he is trying to teach which is the punishment he is currently serving for the mistake! Have a wonderful day!
Hmmm...first post ever happen to be on this topic...so how long have you been friends with Hake?
I’m not so sure a student who got caught with drugs would be back in school yet and this guy gets to resume coaching? He won a lot of games in a very nice setup at WR but I think he should of had to sit out longer...one messed up covid season is essentially all the football he is forfeiting.

Never forget when he went for two against Sebring when he was up 60 points. And he complained about parochial schools but gladly took transfers in from Struthers (bc the kids weren’t happy with pt)
And to top it off he gets high when teaching. Teachers should be the example in a community. Idk. Hard to see the parents at VC being ok with this.

Hmmm...first post ever happen to be on this topic...so how long have you been friends with Hake?
I’m not so sure a student who got caught with drugs would be back in school yet and this guy gets to resume coaching? He won a lot of games in a very nice setup at WR but I think he should of had to sit out longer...one messed up covid season is essentially all the football he is forfeiting.
I have met Hake and have had the pleasure of talking to him a few times! You are correct it is my first post! I got sick of reading post of all the perfect role models out there! Again your opinion is respected... My question is how many people have spoken to the parents of the kids he’s coached? I have and more often then not they have supported him through this entire process! So while everyone’s opinion is respected, most of them are uneducated!