GWOC Goes to League-Only Format

I forgot about Miamisburg. I’ll go with 2-4 then. I think they will lose to Fairmont and Centerville. The head coach is already blaming the players. He was quoted in the paper as saying "We knew it was coming," Wayne coach Roosevelt Mukes said of the big pass plays. "We have to understand the game and not play bump and run. We'll learn from it." Why weren’t they prepared better? Why did they let the players choose to play bump and run? They should have had a game plan.

I forgot about Miamisburg. I’ll go with 2-4 then. I think they will lose to Fairmont and Centerville. The head coach is already blaming the players. He was quoted in the paper as saying "We knew it was coming," Wayne coach Roosevelt Mukes said of the big pass plays. "We have to understand the game and not play bump and run. We'll learn from it." Why weren’t they prepared better? Why did they let the players choose to play bump and run? They should have had a game plan.
No scrimmages are going to make some teams slow.

On to week two. Any comments about last week games? The Birds had the Elk's but the Elks return KO for a TD. The Wildcats started out strong, but the Warriors fought back. Northmont' Rice aired it out with over 300 yds passing and and 5 TDs. with only 1 int. Allen had 3 TDs over 100 yds with 9 rec, They also ran for nearly 200 yds. Jones had 115 with only 9 att and 1 TD

Springfield had Smoot passing for over 200 yds with Van Noord getting 2 TDs

Miamisburg had WR MaGohan with 4 rec for 136 and 1 TD

Fairmonts RB ran for 153 with 1 TD

Any other standouts?

I was impressed with Miamisburg. Now I know don’t get excited it was the creek they played. But lance is a good coach. I see him turning that program into Northmont 2.0. Don’t know if they will regularly produce athletes like Northmont does. But I think he turns that program around

On to week two. Any comments about last week games? The Birds had the Elk's but the Elks return KO for a TD. The Wildcats started out strong, but the Warriors fought back. Northmont' Rice aired it out with over 300 yds passing and and 5 TDs. with only 1 int. Allen had 3 TDs over 100 yds with 9 rec, They also ran for nearly 200 yds. Jones had 115 with only 9 att and 1 TD

Springfield had Smoot passing for over 200 yds with Van Noord getting 2 TDs

Miamisburg had WR MaGohan with 4 rec for 136 and 1 TD

Fairmonts RB ran for 153 with 1 TD

Any other standouts?

Springfield LB Jaivian Norman, Soph with 14 total tackles

Centerville LB Jonathan Bruder, Senior with 9 toal tackles, 2 fumble recoveries

Wayne behind the Burg 7-0...end of 1Q. Wayne lost all their home games last year. They’re off to a rough start in this one.

Bavercreek was only good for a couple years anyway when they had the Moore kid and the other who ended up at OSU. The league is far from decimated.
The parts I watched of Fairmont /Centerville looked like two teams still finding their way which is rough especially with no scrimmages. Northmont offense looked like it was rolling as well as Boro. Wayne looked much improved from last year and Springfield is young but showed they have some guys who can make plays.

Disagree. Beavercreek was competitive even without their ‘stars’ for a good 10 years. Just gave up 77 to Springboro. They haven’t been this bad since the early 2000’s if I remember right. They used to have a pulse...they no longer do.

I will say that I watched the Centerville - Springfield game and kind of changed my mind about the GWOC in general. Also promising that Northmont took care of Fairmont. Seems like it may be more competitive than I originally thought after week 1

Last edited:
Northmont @ Beavercreek. This one could be over by the first quarter.
Wayne @ Centerville. Interception returned late in the game give the Warriors a victory.
Springboro @ Miamisburg. Springboro has too much offense for Miamisburg.
Fairmont @ Springfield. Springfield holds on and stays undefeated.

Beavecreek is bad. They may not go undefeated with a jv schedul this year. Think rest of league is pretty balanced Northmont is probably favorite to win at this point but was also down a couple scores late to Springboro so could be interesting next few weeks

Northmont vs Springfield will be a battle. i think Northmont wins the league. they seem to have things going.

Beavecreek is bad. They may not go undefeated with a jv schedul this year. Think rest of league is pretty balanced Northmont is probably favorite to win at this point but was also down a couple scores late to Springboro so could be interesting next few weeks
Bad is an understatement. Springboro’s RB had 4 touchdowns on 5 attempts. Beavercreek didn’t even make a tackle on Springboro’s first 3 offensive possessions. 3 plays, 3 touchdowns. They could of put up 100+ points if they wanted to, even with the running clock.

This isn’t normal, even for Beavercreek. Anyone have any idea what’s going on? Did a bunch of players and coaches just quit or something?

Last edited:
So how will this work come seventh week with teams postponed games and make them up later. How will this affect the teams playoff. Will they b disqualified from the playoffs. Just curious and haven’t seen anything about it

So how will this work come seventh week with teams postponed games and make them up later. How will this affect the teams playoff. Will they b disqualified from the playoffs. Just curious and haven’t seen anything about it

The theory is that if a team is knocked out in week 7,8 or nine they can then add additional games. So just as an example...Both Boro and Miamisburg lose in the first round of the playoffs. they can play the cancelled game Week 8. But if either or both teams advance that would move the game back. If one or both teams continue to advance it most likely won't be made up.

The theory is that if a team is knocked out in week 7,8 or nine they can then add additional games. So just as an example...Both Boro and Miamisburg lose in the first round of the playoffs. they can play the cancelled game Week 8. But if either or both teams advance that would move the game back. If one or both teams continue to advance it most likely won't be made up.
Thank u for the info. Had me confused