GWOC Goes to League-Only Format

What is the reasoning behind league only games? If it because weeks 1-3 are non league and they want to delay the season, ok. If it’s because of travel or distance I don’t understand. For example, Fairmont can play Centerville but they can’t play Alter?

What is the reasoning behind league only games? If it because weeks 1-3 are non league and they want to delay the season, ok. If it’s because of travel or distance I don’t understand. For example, Fairmont can play Centerville but they can’t play Alter?
1. they want to delay
2. they want everyone playing the same schools

Just like for College, it is a way to delay the start of the season without actually saying they are delaying the season.....

Somebody with some minimal creativity would propose having a bracketed league playoff weeks 8-10, assuming they start on time.

Those games would not count for Harbin points since the opponents would be unknown prior to the start of the season.

Those games would not count for Harbin points since the opponents would be unknown prior to the start of the season.

True, but I imagine this is likely to be a scenario that many teams are going to wind up facing assuming football does in fact go forward. As it is, it would seem there are likely to be a massive number of schools that won't have a full 10 game slate.

You do know Wayne's in the same boat at Middletown right don't you? The school's really hoping the OHSAA or Governor calls it so they don't have to. No way Wayne has a team with remote learning.

Does this mean no playoffs as well? Or everyone makes playoffs no way you get in at 6-1 or 5-2

Sure you would, The L1 divisor would be .7 while the L2 divisor would be .49 .... since all the GWOC teams are D1, 5 wins would give you 4.643 points and your L2 points would be 13.265 for a total of 17.908. Marysville made it at #8 last year in R2 with 13.250 points.....

GWOC is following the Big Ten example of conference only. My hope is that by the time we get to weeks 8-10, they can schedule some non-GWOC schools, like Fairfield & Mason again. It would be good to see the GMC & GWOC do the same thing so that they could schedule crossover games in weeks 8-10. It will be interesting to see if other D1 conferences follow the GWOC.

If there's an outbreak of cases it would only be in conference, and you only deal with 7 other schools either infecting your school or you passing it on to other schools. If you have non-conference games an outbreak suddenly had far reach through school events.

MLB basically did it with their schedule. East v. East, central v. Central, west v. West. No cross over if things go wonky.

If there's an outbreak of cases it would only be in conference, and you only deal with 7 other schools either infecting your school or you passing it on to other schools. If you have non-conference games an outbreak suddenly had far reach through school events.

MLB basically did it with their schedule. East v. East, central v. Central, west v. West. No cross over if things go wonky.

Not sure I'd use MLB as an example on how to do things

Where'd you get the illusion I was endorsing it? It's just the logic behind it. Limit spread and only have to worry about 7 other teams having issues instead of hundreds.

This is just a plea to try and show they're trying to save the season. The GWOC can now tell their kids they thought they'd come with a plan to make things work but (fill in the blank) shut us down

Well, this makes my decision even easier this summer...I chose to not renew my season tickets... after 17 years... mainly because I wasn’t happy with where the program was going. I can’t get behind a coach who quits the game with time on clock.

Any rumors about GMC following GWOC example? Elks were scheduled to play Fairfield and Mason this season so disappointed about change.
Not that I have heard. And on Friday night on Twitter, Middletown clarified that they have NOT cancelled their fall sports...just put things on hold. That was clearly a mixed signal earlier this week.

The GMC is uniquely positioned that if they wanted to, they could easily go league only and have each team play every other team in the league and still get in a 9 game schedule.

We'll see.

-CardinalsFan

Well, this makes my decision even easier this summer...I chose to not renew my season tickets... after 17 years... mainly because I wasn’t happy with where the program was going. I can’t get behind a coach who quits the game with time on clock.

I also did not renew my season ticks of over 30 years as I am too not happy with the direction of the program..... I was still going to go to support the senior class but starting next season I will likely be going to game of the weeks unless something drastic happens at the school.

Nearly 40 straight years of packed home crowds and amazing away crowds dwindled to 1/4 full home stands as the majority of the fans were disgusted by the politics of what happened. Not sure if the program will ever get the fan support again.

I also did not renew my season ticks of over 30 years as I am too not happy with the direction of the program..... I was still going to go to support the senior class but starting next season I will likely be going to game of the weeks unless something drastic happens at the school.

Nearly 40 straight years of packed home crowds and amazing away crowds dwindled to 1/4 full home stands as the majority of the fans were disgusted by the politics of what happened. Not sure if the program will ever get the fan support again.
I am surprised to hear this. Wayne has good talent & QB coming back for Senior year. Is it that bad there after 1 losing season?

How do season tickets even work with this mess going on? The OHSFCA proposal is for very limited seating, and now reduced schedules which I would think would lead to season ticket holders wanting refunds.

I can't ask any business to sponsor radio coverage right now when there are so many unknowns.