GWOC - AMERICAN Conference Thoughts and Predictions

I don't think I've ever seen it this bad. The old powerhouses (Wayne and Centerville) are 0-4 and Beavercreek is going to get smacked around for the remainder of their schedule.

Still looking like Wayne and Springfield will end up at the top

Springfield/Wayne toss up for 1&2
Centerville/Fairmont Toss up for 3&4.
Beavercreek

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever seen it this bad. The old powerhouses (Wayne and Centerville) are 0-4 and Beavercreek is going to get smacked around for the remainder of their schedule.

Still looking like Wayne and Springfield will end up at the top

Springfield/Wayne toss up for 1&2
Centerville/Fairmont Toss up for 3&4.
Beavercreek

Not sure if its that bad for Wayne. They lose to Colerain who was state runner ups and liberty who was in final 4. Centerville is more surprising but I think a lot seen some sort of drop off after Ullery was fired and all the changes that were made

Not sure if its that bad for Wayne. They lose to Colerain who was state runner ups and liberty who was in final 4. Centerville is more surprising but I think a lot seen some sort of drop off after Ullery was fired and all the changes that were made
Agreed, I think they'll get Trotwood after looking at the Winton Woods score.

Will be interesting to see if Fairmont beats Centerville this year..seems like C-Ville is more talented but very unstable.

Last edited:
Agreed, I think they'll get Trotwood after looking at the Winton Woods score.

Will be interesting to see if Fairmont beats Centerville this year..seems like C-Ville is more talented but very unstable.
Elks will get it together hopefully soon

Elks will get it together hopefully soon
Will be hard to tell with the weak opponents coming up. Getting it together and beating up on cupcakes are two different things. A lot of folks on yappi don’t seem to grasp that concept. I don’t know too much about Miamisburg because their win was from a Cincinnati school but Centerville’s next real test probably won’t come till Wayne in October. If they’re able to stay somewhat competitive in that game (like within a couple TDS) that’s getting it together in my book

Last edited:
Another unimpressive week in the division. The teams that should of won (Springfield and Centerville) did, but not much else to say. It's looking like Fairmont likely won't get their first win till week 6 when they go up against Miamisburg. Won't even make it to 5-5. Beavercreek, as I anticipated, doesn't even look like a D1 team and Wayne continues to look for a win. Only kind-of surprise was Wayne. I thought they'd sneak past T-Wood and get the W

Last edited:
I was asked before tonight’s game started if I would bring back the Wayne coaches and I said yes...I like the continuity. After the game, I feel like they need to release all but Cokes and Earley.

The Firebirds have been awfully quiet on here lately. Can't believe people were giving me crap for predicting 5-5. Looking like they'll get 3-4 wins tops..maybe only 2

They're very young, I'll give them that, but they definitely didn't reload, and they're not built to compete with really good programs on a yearly basis. Dave Miller is to Fairmont what Clodfelter was to Beavercreek.

Last edited:
The Firebirds have been awfully quiet on here lately. Can't believe people were giving me crap for predicting 5-5. Looking like they'll get 3-4 wins tops..maybe only 2

They're very young, I'll give them that, but they definitely didn't reload, and they're not built to compete with really good programs on a yearly basis. Dave Miller is to Fairmont what Clodfelter was to Beavercreek.
They are young / inexperienced, like Northmont, and like Northmont, they just need game reps to gel together. The Bolts won last night because the Firebirds can't defend the pass, but their offensive line/running game bulldozed our defense across the field all night. Their pre-kickoff line dancing routine is kinda funny, especially when it cost them a delay of game once.

They are young / inexperienced, like Northmont, and like Northmont, they just need game reps to gel together. The Bolts won last night because the Firebirds can't defend the pass, but their offensive line/running game bulldozed our defense across the field all night. Their pre-kickoff line dancing routine is kinda funny, especially when it cost them a delay of game once.

I'm surprised they were able to move the ball, but handing it off to the same guy 36 times just isn't smart or sustainable.

Fairmont might have moved the ball, but the only thing that counts is getting points on the board. When it takes you 12 minutes to score 7 points, it is hard to keep up with a potent spread attack that routinely scores in just a few plays. They really do pound the ball though and no matter what the Bolts did they couldn't slow it down. They did (mostly) avoid the big play. Also, what the hell are they doing on kickoff? Even cost themselves a delay of game on the kickoff which I have never before seen in 20 years of football.