GWOC 19-20

Will Springfield make it out of sectionals this year?
If I would of answered this when you originally asked my answer would of been most likely no. The way they have played as of late (not including Moeller I don’t think anyone in SWO beats them ) they have a very good chance to make it out of sectionals. Mvl is full of inflated records so my guess is Sidney gets #1 seed followed by maybe another Mvl team. I don’t think anyone is fearing those teams

If I would of answered this when you originally asked my answer would of been most likely no. The way they have played as of late (not including Moeller I don’t think anyone in SWO beats them ) they have a very good chance to make it out of sectionals. Mvl is full of inflated records so my guess is Sidney gets #1 seed followed by maybe another Mvl team. I don’t think anyone is fearing those teams

Agreed. Springfield is playing with nothing to lose. The assistant who took over seem to be keeping the kids motivated. It will be interesting to see what the administration does after the season ends. Do they hire outside or keep it in house?!

With how weak the Dayton area seems to be this year I would not be surprised if Springfield gets to the district finals again. They seem to have circled the wagons the last couple weeks and things appear headed in the right direction.

How long has it been since Wayne was embarrassed like they were tonight? What the hell? Fairmont(H) 49- Wayne 34. That should never happen.

How long has it been since Wayne was embarrassed like they were tonight? What the hell? Fairmont(H) 49- Wayne 34. That should never happen.
Should never happen? Come on man give the kids some credit. If you can get your pace in a game like this it gives you a chance. I’d imagine Fairmont handled Wayne’s pressure well considering the score so pace favors Fairmont. Not to mention you’re dealing with 16,17,18 year old kids

Should never happen? Come on man give the kids some credit. If you can get your pace in a game like this it gives you a chance. I’d imagine Fairmont handled Wayne’s pressure well considering the score so pace favors Fairmont. Not to mention you’re dealing with 16,17,18 year old kids

Good points. I just would have never guessed that the Wayne Warriors would have been held to 34 points, by Fairmont. If they played 9 more times I would not predict that.

Think the problem is Wayne doesn’t pressure. At times it looks like they feel teams are goin lay down to them because they walk in with a Wayne uni on. Talent wise they are way better then record

Good points. I just would have never guessed that the Wayne Warriors would have been held to 34 points, by Fairmont. If they played 9 more times I would not predict that.
Completely agree with you....shocked as well but you just never know which makes going to these games so fun

Tournament should be interesting. Moeller and LE are probably top 2 teams with Lasalle somewhere mixed in there after that could be a lot of upsets

Think the problem is Wayne doesn’t pressure. At times it looks like they feel teams are goin lay down to them because they walk in with a Wayne uni on. Talent wise they are way better then record

Very talented athletes in all of the Dayton area. I think the Wayne coach does a nice job with that program. Very interested to see how both Wayne and Springfield do in the tournament. Should be a good game between them here towards the end of the season.

A team I wouldn’t sleep on that nobody is talking about is Beavercreek imo. Saw them play Alter Saturday night. Decent size but played very solid defense that game. Their underclassman seem improved from when I saw them earlier this year. Duval is top 3-4 scorer in the GWOC and the other sophomore Phillips made his presence known in the post. Herbort never took a shot and they beat Alter. Duval is shooting over 50% from the field AND from 3 point line. Saleh can get to the basket as well as anyone in the GWOC imo but not the best perimeter shooter. A couple 6’4” - 6’5” kids coming off the bench. Not sure I’d want to draw into their bracket to get out of Sectionals right now. Dayton DI will be very interesting this year. After Centerville it’s wide open this year

A team I wouldn’t sleep on that nobody is talking about is Beavercreek imo. Saw them play Alter Saturday night. Decent size but played very solid defense that game. Their underclassman seem improved from when I saw them earlier this year. Duval is top 3-4 scorer in the GWOC and the other sophomore Phillips made his presence known in the post. Herbort never took a shot and they beat Alter. Duval is shooting over 50% from the field AND from 3 point line. Saleh can get to the basket as well as anyone in the GWOC imo but not the best perimeter shooter. A couple 6’4” - 6’5” kids coming off the bench. Not sure I’d want to draw into their bracket to get out of Sectionals right now. Dayton DI will be very interesting this year. After Centerville it’s wide open this year

In my opinion, itis all wide open.

Lol crazy as this season has been. There is a chance for a 3 way tie for first place if Creek and Springfield win Friday