GWOC 19-20

Hey I get that. But how you feel about him as a person is not the focus in this conversation. I just think the mindset that it appears that some have that Centerville was not any good until Cupps got there is disrespectful. I have heard that from many of folks that have no idea about the history of the program. Comment like: "He got this thing rolling", "We got us a next level coach" and "Cupps has gotten us where this program has never been".. Now granted most of these comments are from younger parents that may know nothing of Jim Staley but as a guy that has been around it just gets a little sour for an old WOL and GMVC guy. Just saying..
Wow that really is some folks without any sense of what came before. I haven't seen those folks on here for sure.

My comment was about respect, which is earned as a person, often given to a position until proven otherwise.

The only way centerville gets out of the regional is if moeller somehow shows up to the wrong gym. That said, they have a really good coach and he does a great job getting the best out of his personnel.
I have not watched Centerville this year. I have watched Moeller. There are a few schools in SW Ohio, who with the right coaching can have a team that can compete with and beat Moeller. It may take some time but it can happen. Moeller has some talented young men but they also play very unselfish basketball. That is what makes them tough to beat. Will be interesting to see how GWOC unfolds and be interesting to watch

Agreed and like I said earlier until Cupps surpasses what Jim Staley accomplished, then it will be the program that Staley built. He got the keys to a Cadillac and it still is a Cadillac. When you get out the regional??? Then we will start talking about him as an upgrade.... For clarity I am not a fan of the Elks, Staley or Cupps. But respect is respect.

I agree 110%, on all accounts.

I have not watched Centerville this year. I have watched Moeller. There are a few schools in SW Ohio, who with the right coaching can have a team that can compete with and beat Moeller. It may take some time but it can happen. Moeller has some talented young men but they also play very unselfish basketball. That is what makes them tough to beat. Will be interesting to see how GWOC unfolds and be interesting to watch

Moeller has the complete package right now. Everything goes in cycles. Moeller football is a prime example. People like to talk sh about Middie Hoops. There was a time when they were Kings of the Hill. Heck up into the 90s they could beat anyone in the state on any given night, anywhere.

Time.

Moeller has the complete package right now. Everything goes in cycles. Moeller football is a prime example. People like to talk sh about Middie Hoops. There was a time when they were Kings of the Hill. Heck up into the 90s they could beat anyone in the state on any given night, anywhere.
Moeller plays at Centerville in a week which should be an interesting game to watch. It looks like the Elks are struggling at 2-5 and Moe is at 7-1.

Moeller plays at Centerville in a week which should be an interesting game to watch. It looks like the Elks are struggling at 2-5 and Moe is at 7-1.

The Elks are young and weak in comparison to the big dogs in the state. They will need to be lucky and great this Saturday. 2-3 years from now we might be singing a different song.

The Elks are young and weak in comparison to the big dogs in the state. They will need to be lucky and great this Saturday. 2-3 years from now we might be singing a different song.
Elks are young & skilled, and have the size to match Moeller. But I agree they are 1-2 years away still

What many centerville fans want to hear is that they have the best coaches and best talent, no questions asked, in the state. Some Centerville fans are moeller fans of the public sports realm.

Cupps will easily out coach Kramer and the elk players will actually enter the game with more experience And strength due to their superior summer schedule. This is a “No Contest” for the mighty elks.

What many centerville fans want to hear is that they have the best coaches and best talent, no questions asked, in the state. Some Centerville fans are moeller fans of the public sports realm.

Cupps will easily out coach Kramer and the elk players will actually enter the game with more experience And strength due to their superior summer schedule. This is a “No Contest” for the mighty elks.
Why such a problem with Centerville? Drink too much tonight? Someone from Centerville break your heart once? It must have been something serious for you to have such dislike for an entire town, or at least for their high school basketball team since Jim was shown the door. If it's not personal, then I really don't understand why you're so invested in another town's program. I hope you find some peace in the new year and work out this issue for your sake.

Surprise, I come back after 2 weeks to see some updates on the league & it’s just more Staley/Hardcorps still critiquing Cupps & this years team....Waste of time.

It’s a shame that any person over 18 years old can be this unhappy & continue to post negative things about a coach who says nothing to anyone like Cupps. I feel so sorry for you & your hate Hardcorps.

I’m done coming back to this site for basketball.....I’ll just rely on DDN.

Why such a problem with Centerville? Drink too much tonight? Someone from Centerville break your heart once? It must have been something serious for you to have such dislike for an entire town, or at least for their high school basketball team since Jim was shown the door. If it's not personal, then I really don't understand why you're so invested in another town's program. I hope you find some peace in the new year and work out this issue for your sake.

Lol I do not know what I was doing “tonight.” I have not been posting anything negative. The comment that I posted just after midnight was SARCASM!!! I realize that comprehension can be tough in an online environment. I would actually like nothing more than to see CVille beat moeller.

Last edited:
Why would anyone care about a former coach who has been gone 7-8 years. As I said earlier Centerville was lucky to have both Staley and Cupps. Both were/are really good coaches. Move on. This is really a stupid debate. Who cares?

Elks should get back on track at home vs. Miamisburg tomorrow. Injuries and the flu have taken a toll. Go Elks!

Lol I do not know what I was doing “tonight.” I have not been posting anything negative. The comment that I posted just after midnight was SARCASM!!! I realize that comprehension can be tough in an online environment. I would actually like nothing more than to see CVille beat moeller.
I recognize sarcasm, but also bitterness and feel sorry when I see it. Such a waste of emotional energy. Have a great new year! For real, not sarcasm lol.

Member1 said "Agreed and like I said earlier until Cupps surpasses what Jim Staley accomplished, then it will be the program that Staley built. He got the keys to a Cadillac and it still is a Cadillac.

I agree 110%, on all accounts.

From 2000-2009...it was a Cadillac. Staley earned his HOF in this era. Elks won 80% of games. A few district championships. Two regional finals in 2002 & 2005. Three D1 college players.

But I can assure you....it was a Chevy Citation in need of repairs from 2010-2012 before it all ended. 34-35 record in those years. Definitely not a Cadillac, or even an Oldsmobile. Everybody knows why. That was a choice Staley made.

Wow. Ville vs the Burg. I do not know what to say about that one. I hope Ville was sandbagging for tomorrow’s game. A win is a a win, I guess. Go Ville; beat moe.

I have some fun joking around and being sarcastic with this group. One thing that I hope that one of you Ville dads/alumnus will do is stop students from wrapping The Flag of the United States of America around themselves and then sitting on it. Pride in country is a great thing. Pride in what heroes have done in the name of that flag is great, as well.

I posted moeller 2 years ago about the same thing. The lady said, “boys will be boys.”

It looks like the Elks are struggling right now losing 5 of our last 6 games. I thought the Moeller score might be closer but not sure if the game was closer than the 11 point differential or not.

It looks like the Elks are struggling right now losing 5 of our last 6 games. I thought the Moeller score might be closer but not sure if the game was closer than the 11 point differential or not.

I went to the Friday game. It seemed as if the younger brother (of the 6’8 player) was actually a better player than his sibling. Does Cupps play more than one big guy, often.

Great article in the DDN today about the "Running Rams" I love the attitude about being "friends" after the buzzer! Old School...

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spo...lanton-rams-off-start/bkVaKbvDqQuUiHpm3EmMuN/

My concern is those kids have been in that district since Middle School. Why is writer labeling them as "transfers"? That looks like some pot stirring to me. Those are Trotwood kids 2 years at the Middle School?? Do kids that attend elementary schools in other districts label those kids as "transfers" Why even mention that term? If a kid has been in your system for 6 or 7 we still calling them transfers??? What is that really about? And folks wonder why those Trotwood fans get emotional.

I have never, ever once heard or read an article that has eluded to a student that transferred into Middle School as they were speaking about them as Seniors in HS. Wow!