Gun Control Backfire in Georgia

redskinfan04

https://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta-ne...festival-canceled/Z4WIDXAK6NHMRGUQLEIIORAZDU/

The cancellation of Midtown will cost Atlanta millions of dollars in business and tax revenue. All so the 2A crowd can have their firearms in a public park.

The states that push broader gun rights could end up with an unexpected problem. Pretty much every performer has it written into their rider that guns are prohibited at the show. This was an industry wide result of Dimebag Darrel of Pantera being gunned down on stage at the Alrosa Villa in Columbus.

If states insist on broader gun laws they could lose millions in revenue as artists will be hesitant to play.

https://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta-ne...festival-canceled/Z4WIDXAK6NHMRGUQLEIIORAZDU/

The cancellation of Midtown will cost Atlanta millions of dollars in business and tax revenue. All so the 2A crowd can have their firearms in a public park.

The states that push broader gun rights could end up with an unexpected problem. Pretty much every performer has it written into their rider that guns are prohibited at the show. This was an industry wide result of Dimebag Darrel of Pantera being gunned down on stage at the Alrosa Villa in Columbus.

If states insist on broader gun laws they could lose millions in revenue as artists will be hesitant to play.
See ya

My personal protection is far, far more important than some random concert. Artists who don't live in these communities should really have no say in how these communities are run.

My personal protection is far, far more important than some random concert. Artists who don't live in these communities should really have no say in how these communities are run.
Future, one of the artists mentioned the article, is from and still lives in Atlanta. FWIW.

If I live near this proposed venue, I am thanking God for the second amendment. What community protest can not do in stopping a social blight from emerging in my neighborhood, the fear of guns held by responsible gun owners can? We live in a strange world.

Dime Bag Darrell, whoever he is, likely got capped by someone who would be carrying no matter what the gun rights were in an area.

Chicago still has a fair share of gun crimes for a city with extreme gun laws that are unconstitutional.

Sure, they all have to live somewhere, but most don't live there and should have no say in how it is run. Are there concert venues that actually allow people to carry? Seems like those places probably don't exist anywhere.
I agree. I was just informing you that one of the artists does in fact live that community.

If I live near this proposed venue, I am thanking God for the second amendment. What community protest can not do in stopping a social blight from emerging in my neighborhood, the fear of guns held by responsible gun owners can? We live in a strange world.

Dime Bag Darrell, whoever he is, likely got capped by someone who would be carrying no matter what the gun rights were in an area.

Chicago still has a fair share of gun crimes for a city with extreme gun laws that are unconstitutional.
I don’t think anyone actually lives near Piedmont Park, it’s in the middle of downtown Atlanta. But you’re thankful for the small but significant economic lost opportunity here? Strange, if I lived near it, I’d want it so my neighbors and their small businesses thrive. Not to mention something fun to do near home.

I'm sorry, did you just dis freaking Pantera?

But would you agree they should have a say in how their own events are run?

I'm sorry, did you just dis freaking Pantera?
I don’t think anyone actually lives near Piedmont Park, it’s in the middle of downtown Atlanta. But you’re thankful for the small but significant economic lost opportunity here? Strange, if I lived near it, I’d want it so my neighbors and their small businesses thrive. Not to mention something fun to do near home.
Not sure what a Pantera is but I probably would not like one .

I hate concert venues, fair grounds, university campuses, churches, schools etc. when they bring additional people near me. If other people like them fine. This is why I like Yappi, open dialogue without having to actually see anyone. Getting the good without the bad.

I'm curious. Do the rules and regulations of the venue override the laws of the area they're in?
As a conceal carry point of view, yes. A business can post signs stating guns are not allowed on the premises and you would need to avoid carrying to avoid a potential penalty.

Most state parks have signs posted prohibiting firearm carry. Schools are also able to prevent you from wearing a piece on their grounds.

So yes, businesses have the right to post such signs, I however believe I have the right to ignore them if I feel threatened.

As a conceal carry point of view, yes. A business can post signs stating guns are not allowed on the premises and you would need to avoid carrying to avoid a potential penalty.

Most state parks have signs posted prohibiting firearm carry. Schools are also able to prevent you from wearing a piece on their grounds.

So yes, businesses have the right to post such signs, I however believe I should have the right to ignore them if I feel threatened.
FTFY

BTW, you stated you're not fond of crowds, so are you aware that large venue ticket events like concerts and professional sports have metal detectors at the gates?

Not sure what a Pantera is but I probably would not like one .

I hate concert venues, fair grounds, university campuses, churches, schools etc. when they bring additional people near me. If other people like them fine. This is why I like Yappi, open dialogue without having to actually see anyone. Getting the good without the bad.
Something tells me you’d hate Atlanta, can’t put my finger on it though.

Schools are also able to prevent you from wearing a piece on their grounds.

That's part of why I was curious - our college made a point of putting out a statement saying we still don't allow firearms on campus after the state passed the new concealed carry law.

Midtown has been a staple in Atlanta for most of the last twenty years. It’s far more than just some “random” concert. It’s cancellation will cost Atlanta area businesses tens of millions of dollars in revenue now and in the future.

That’s not even getting into the absurdity of allowing guns at an event filled with alcohol. I attend events like this regularly and there’s simply no place for guns at these events. Lots of drunk folks pretty much everywhere at these things. An accident waiting to happen imo.

Midtown has been a staple in Atlanta for most of the last twenty years. It’s far more than just some “random” concert. It’s cancellation will cost Atlanta area businesses tens of millions of dollars in revenue now and in the future.

That’s not even getting into the absurdity of allowing guns at an event filled with alcohol. I attend events like this regularly and there’s simply no place for guns at these events. Lots of drunk folks pretty much everywhere at these things. An accident waiting to happen imo.
Don’t know about Georgia law, but in Ohio if you are drunk and armed even if you have a CCW you are in violation of a felony.
I doubt any state in the US has any laws saying it is ok to carry your firearm while intoxicated.

I don’t see the problem. Follow the law or change the venue. The guy who shot Dimebag illegally brought his gun into the Alrosa, just like all the guns that have been snuck into this Atlanta music festival. Allowing legal guns into this event would have only made it safer.

So people were previously allowed to bring guns into this event?

FTFY

BTW, you stated you're not fond of crowds, so are you aware that large venue ticket events like concerts and professional sports have metal detectors at the gates?
I had it right the first time. I have passed through a metal detector or two, and can't say they put me at ease. Too easy to get a gun past security if you are motivated to do so.