Griffin Will Not Return As Lima Sr. Football Coach

No knock on small school football but I've seen some coaches struggle to make that jump. You can win with 1-2-3 guys at the lower levels.

Mike Fell's offense was very simplistic. He had dudes.

I agree. Jaden Walker, Ruben Flowers, Rico Stafford, and Keaton Upshaw were all on the same team. Two of those guys went D1, Jaden Walker went D2 and Rico Stafford played college basketball. They had backups that could ball too. I think they also had a linebacker that went to Kentucky. If that 2015 team had a better quarterback they definitely could have gave LaSalle a game.

So any news on who the guy is? Is it the Perry coach or Allen East coach? NWC coach has made the jump before. An NWCC coach, man playing Ridgemont and playing Toledo Central Catholic is a big difference.

What about Mike Cramer? He resurrected the Marion Local program and set the table for Goodwin. I'm pretty sure he lives in the Lima area and would do a great job.

What about Mike Cramer? He resurrected the Marion Local program and set the table for Goodwin. I'm pretty sure he lives in the Lima area and would do a great job.
I don’t know the backstory but I like this running joke on here.

Although Fell was able to make the move from small school to big school it would difficult to replicate again. Small school football to the TRAC is a whole different ball of wax. Most teams two platoon, most run college schemes, etc...
Some jobs are harder than others. Chip Otten had a losing record as the coach at Middletown. It's more than x's and o's sometimes.

No knock on small school football but I've seen some coaches struggle to make that jump. You can win with 1-2-3 guys at the lower levels.

Mike Fell's offense was very simplistic. He had dudes.

Fell’s strength wasn’t his offensive scheme. Anyone that could buy a program online could try to run a system very similar to his. His best talent as a coach was getting those dudes to play inspired and disciplined, which is what Griffin seems unable to do

One way maybe to do that is a playbook the kids can get their heads around instead of the play book the kids want. Being excellent at simple might win you more games than lousy at genious.

Griffin was a better coach than anyone on here is giving credit. He simply did not have the same "dudes" as Coach Fell. That 2015 team was absolutely loaded with talent.

Although Fell was able to make the move from small school to big school it would difficult to replicate again. Small school football to the TRAC is a whole different ball of wax. Most teams two platoon, most run college schemes, etc...

With all of that said Lima's 7th and 8th grades teams routinely dominate the TRAC. As HSFB45 stated if someone could ever put it together the Spartans could be very similar to Trotwood Madison.

Serious question for anyone on here familiar with Lima Senior football these last few years. I've noticed an awful lot of success from the middle school program and well not a whole lot of success transitioning to the high school level. This middle school success I've witnessed albeit online from a far goes back a good 4 or 5 years now to the point that those kids are now all in high school. Now I as much as the next Lima person know all too well that middle school football players don't always become what they were when they get to high school and in fact the retention rate between 7th/8th into 9th grade ball has always been pretty low in Lima. But what gives? anything specific?

Lima should go after Derek Kidwell of Fostoria. I think he was an asst. coach when Lima won state, coached at Fremont Ross for years and did ok Trac plus lead Fostoria to their best season in years this year.

Some people just don't have that eye for talent, case in point. A player on that team saw very, very limited action at a skilled position as a senior I might add, and still made TRAC honorable mention in that reputable conference...at RB !!! I believe he had like three rushing touchdowns !!!