Green Township Using Tax Dollars to Fund Improvements at La Salle

Its not an allegation it’s an opinion. IMO, it’s somewhat of a blindspot of a lot of Westsiders that I’ve noticed since I’ve moved here. Still think they’re great people.

Youre entitled to that opinion about public dollars, but these type of arrangements are super common and perfectly ethical and legal. I guess I just don’t understand why it would bother you unless you’re upset the other schools are getting some of these advantages and Elder isn’t. But again, Elder can do these things too.

this is just my opinion, but I don’t think Elder should be getting money like that either, for projects above the norm. I’m not saying anything is illegal going on, just saying tax dollars should be spent more wisely. There, I’m done with this topic.

The Latinos don’t count if they’re conservative, at least that’s what social media tells me.

Regardless, Elder is at least trying to reach more students. It shouldn’t have taken so long, but at least they’re making the attempt. However, let me be clear, Elder should not be coddling anyone. It’s ok to work with these kids to help get them acclimated to the expectations, but under no circumstances should they be given special treatment. My whole thing has just been letting these kids outside of feeder schools know Elder is an option, but if they look at Elder and decide they don’t like the structure, that’s ok.

Evening out the opportunity that may have been denied in the past is not coddling. It’s a necessary step that’s needed to show the minority community you truly are open to welcoming them into all of the advantages of being at Elder (which plenty of White suburban connected kids have, and continue to take advantage of).

Like I said, the worldview of most Elder people and Westsiders don’t match up with that inclusivity (the see it as and call it a handout). It’s also why you see zero threads or opinions in this forum about the recent minority led movements and protests to shed light on these type of things. This type of evening out opportunity doesn’t coexist with the hard working, blue collar, work harder mantra that lives and breathes at the top of the value chain for most westsiders. It’s fine to be that way, but don’t be surprised or angry when other schools are using more progressive steps to open up their doors. And especially don’t vilify them when they start having some success using these methods.

Its not an indictment on Elder (it’s not a purposeful slight to minorities), but its certainly something that prohibits their understanding and acceptance of opening up their thoughts to more inclusive actions. And that’s why minorities, especially Blacks, aren’t very interested in attending.

Last edited:
Sound familiar? And dont even give me the “well of course this is from CNN” - a ton of truth bombs in here. This is exactly whats happening. It’s almost like I wrote it. Of course this is happening, and people are catching on. Read the whole thing.

“It would be unfair to say that all progressive White parents who recoil at changing the racial makeup of their children's public schools are hypocrites. Some of their behavior is also motivated by something called "opportunity hoarding," Delmont says.

"Once White parents have access to a school district that they feel is working well for their kids, they try to do everything they can to create barriers around it to keep the resources for themselves and their very small number of peers," he says.

Last edited:
Sound familiar? And dont even give me the “well of course this is from CNN” - a ton of truth bombs in here. This is exactly whats happening. It’s almost like I wrote it. Of course this is happening, and people are catching on. Read the whole thing.

“It would be unfair to say that all progressive White parents who recoil at changing the racial makeup of their children's public schools are hypocrites. Some of their behavior is also motivated by something called "opportunity hoarding," Delmont says.

"Once White parents have access to a school district that they feel is working well for their kids, they try to do everything they can to create barriers around it to keep the resources for themselves and their very small number of peers," he says.

You are a clown Nancy

That’s what he wants you to believe. Even though many non Elder fans have come on here and pointed out he’s full of s**t.

I dont care what your beliefs are, but at least acknowledge some pretty obvious things. Everyone acts like I’m making this stuff up.

Funny how 5 pages of this entire thread villifies LaSalle and Green Township for doing this yet Green Township has been doing this for years to help their schools, both private and public. Yet no one retracts their posts or admits that maybe they over reacted a bit.

Funny how 5 pages of this entire thread villifies LaSalle and Green Township for doing this yet Green Township has been doing this for years to help their schools, both private and public. Yet no one retracts their posts or admits that maybe they over reacted a bit.
LaSalle needs the money bc they have lost enrollment. Although a recent alumni left a fair amount of money to the school .

90% of the information posted in the Elder forum about LaSalle is wrong.

It’s a running joke on North Bend. But it’s also so funny to watch people complain so hard when another school has some success. Funny thing is, LaSalle used to be painted as the school with the inferiority complex. So many complainers.

LRD!!!

Last edited:

It’s a running joke on North Bend. But it’s also so funny to watch people complain so hard when another school has some success. Funny thing is, LaSalle used to be painted as the school with the inferiority complex. So many complainers.

LRD!!!
I think a lot of Elder people cheered for LaSalle to win d-2 championships !

LRD!!!

Well, you’ve trolled the elder board for 10 years continuously, so looks like we are right. ??‍♂️

I'm not sure how much I like public funds going to LS, but it is kind of funny how much LS rattles you people all the time.