Green Meadows Conference 2022

I think it's Antwerp's title to lose this year. 3 year starter at QB and returning quite a bit.

I would have picked Tinora until the Commisso kid transferred to Defiance. I think that loss tips the scales to Antwerp.

Ayersville is my dark horse this year, but they have a new coach (who I do think will be great) and they might need a little time for everything to gel.

Hicksville should be improved. They're too well coached to be as bad as they were last season.

Wayne Trace, Paulding, and Edgerton are all question marks for me.

Which leaves us with my Fairview Apaches who also have a new coach/offensive scheme to learn and with small Senior/Junior classes, I'm just hoping to see some solid improvement and hopefully some more offensive production than last season. The incoming freshman class did go undefeated in JH football last year and the class behind them looks even better. The future is bright, but I think we're still 2-3 years away from being back in serious contention.

Last edited:
My picks
1 Tinora : tough defense and a bunch of young athletes
2 Wayne Trace : very young and athletic last year with a new young coach may return the most starters.
3 Antwerp : best QB in the league, but lose 11 seniors
4 Ayersville : new coach should get the number of players on the team up above the 20's
5 Edgerton : second best QB in Everetts can beat you with his arm and legs
6 Hicksville : great coach but low on talent
7 Fairview : will be much improved over last year but still a year or two away
8 Paulding : another new coach and until they can keep one for 5 years they will lose

My picks
1 Tinora : tough defense and a bunch of young athletes
2 Wayne Trace : very young and athletic last year with a new young coach may return the most starters.
3 Antwerp : best QB in the league, but lose 11 seniors
4 Ayersville : new coach should get the number of players on the team up above the 20's
5 Edgerton : second best QB in Everetts can beat you with his arm and legs
6 Hicksville : great coach but low on talent
7 Fairview : will be much improved over last year but still a year or two away
8 Paulding : another new coach and until they can keep one for 5 years they will lose
Agree on your list but I’ll add Arend was at Paulding for 7 years as head coach so they just had a coach there for over 5 years.

Like the input so far. I have traveled to 7 of the 8 schools for youth wrestling (Hicksville only one we've not been but drive past a decent amount). Funny thing is Hicksville is the only HS football team of those I've saw in person. They weren't great against an average Crestview squad last year in the early season.

spread the word for a few more GMC northwest Ohio posters. Be clean and have fun. with Tinora being a little down and all others improved should be a fun season to watch. post scrimmages if you know them.

Looks like the league went 3-5 in week 1. How will it look in week 2?
Tinora has another very tough game with Wauseon.
Hicksville probably a little overmatched by Convoy Crestview.
Antwerp should handle Edon.
Patrick Henry probably a little better than Wayne Trace.
Fairview will struggle with a solid Leipsic team.
Edgerton should roll Hilltop.
Ayersville getting Delphos Jefferson would be a good win for the league.
Paulding is probably 0 for this year.

If WT wins the turnover battle I think they beat Patrick Henry that defense is talented enough To be one of the best in NWO the offense is gonna need some time with another new QB but stoller is pretty talented and very smart as long as they don’t ask him to do to much

As far as who wins the league it’s tinora until someone tops them
Antwerp has a lot of skilled players back but up front they need to improve to make that jump
edgerton returns a lot but not sold on how good they can be
WT has probably the most talented class in the GMC in the their juniors year two with this coaching staff should be much better but oline is the biggest concern right now
Rest of the league is wide open Ayersville I expect to be decent but Hicksville paulding and Fairview are probably in for a rough season

4-4 in week 3? Crestview vs Wayne Trace was a close rivalry game. Looks like Ayersville played a tight one with Bluffton. Nice win for Tinora.

league games this week
Edgerton at Wayne Trace; will be close pick W T
Hicksville at Antwerp; Archers big
Paulding at Ayersville; Pilots
Fairview at Tinora; Rams

Tinora with back to back big wins. Defense is playing light out. Offense still a work in progress. Looking forward to Tinora , Antwerp in a couple weeks

Hypothetical question for this group. Say there was conference realignment and the 3 Paulding County schools went elsewhere, who would replace them? Would it be Edon, Montpelier, and North Central?

I'd like to think after watching Tinora start the season 2-1 , they will have to be the favorites in the conference, Really looking forward to Antpwerp/Tinora game in 2 weeks!

I'd like to think after watching Tinora start the season 2-1 , they will have to be the favorites in the conference, Really looking forward to Antpwerp/Tinora game in 2 weeks!
that game last year was a battle and will be a war again this year. Hope all are healthy going into that game.

Next 2 weeks should show how the GMC will play out. Tinora vs Ayersville and Antwerp vs Wayne Trace this upcoming week. Next week Ayersville vs Antwerp.

4F3DFDFB-55BD-4492-9939-DDE7FADD27F9.jpeg