Green Bulldogs Football 2020

Talking to several level headed Lake fans they said had our QB not gotten hurt in the second quarter and never returning Green would probably had won the game. Of course you never know that but from what I was told Green moved the ball at will. Going from that to basically no offense was the demise and still not too far out of reach.

Talking to several level headed Lake fans they said had our QB not gotten hurt in the second quarter and never returning Green would probably had won the game. Of course you never know that but from what I was told Green moved the ball at will. Going from that to basically no offense was the demise and still not too far out of reach.
Yeah. The game was tied at 15 about halfway through the second quarter when he got hurt. Green had scored on 3 straight drives before that.

You can say that because the QB is good....but with no backs Lake was playing for the pass and forcing the QB to take the run option. He ran a total of 8 times, including the run he was injured on....so you can also say that the defensive scheme worked for the Streaks.

Greens QB is definitely one of the top 3 in the league. He was probably the 2nd best player on the field, besides lake linebacker, when he Got hurt. Still, Green should have tried to get the backup qb some reps in all those blowouts the first 4 weeks. That’s on them. Play with who u have.

ehhh. That’s tough to say. Would have been closer that’s forsure.

Has anyone heard the young man’s prognosis? Hopefully he is able to play next Friday. I hate to see any player hurt that he has to sit out games.

Has anyone heard the young man’s prognosis? Hopefully he is able to play next Friday. I hate to see any player hurt that he has to sit out games.

From what was said Friday night not playing this Friday

Last edited by a moderator:
Green has thier first playoff game since 2004 this week! Worthington Kilbourne comes to town. The Wolves are 4-3 after beating Marion Harding in the first round last week. It's going to be a long trip for them. Should be a good game.

Good Morning! Today, for the first time in 5,824 days, there will be a Green Bulldogs Football Playoff Game!

What was it like on November 6, 2004? Well...

George W. Bush had just won re-election, defeating John Kerry the previous Tuesday
The Number 1 song in America was "My Boo" by Usher and Alicia Keys
The Boston Red Sox had won their first World series in 86 years
Bull GreenDog was 3 years old

For Green football....

The Bulldogs were 8-2 and co-champions of the Suburban League with Copley and Talmadge
Senior Quarterback Billy Cundiff was the star player for Green
The head coach was Elden McVicker
The opponent was Canton McKinley, who would go on to be the state runners-up to Cincinnati Colerain

Tough loss tonight. I'm still proud of our team. Getting to play in the playoffs is a great experience for the players. This game would not have been close last year, but the Dogs almost won tonight. 3 winnable games left against Jackson, Hoover, and Louisville.

I thought I would post some season statistics for the Bulldogs for anyone who is interested

Points per game- 25.5 (+7.4 from 2019) Points allowed per game- 24.0 (-3.5 from 2019) Season Point differential 204-192 +12 ( was -99 in 2019)
Win Percentage .500 (Best since 2013)

QB Trevor VanHorn 104/191 (54% Completion), 1,443 yards (206 per game) 20 TD 4 INT. 61 Rushes 192 yards 2TD
WR Trey Martin 39 receptions 679 yards (84.8 per game) 15 TD (school record)
WR Michael Mullin 21 receptions 355 yards, 8 rushes 32 yards 5 total TD
WR/RB Justin McCoy 13 receptions 65 yards 79 rushes 377 yards (4.7 yards per carry) 5 total TD
LB Ben Stauffer 49 tackles 7 tackles for loss 2 sacks
LB Jacks Schaal 37 tackles 6 tackles for loss 2 sacks
DL Jacob Reed 25 tackles 9 tackles for loss 3 sacks
DL Blake Schaeffer 24 tackles 9 tackles for loss 6 sacks (Most in Federal League)

2021 Tentative Schedule
OPEN
OPEN @ North Olmsted
at North Olmstead @ Garfield Heights
at Jackson
at McKinley
Glen Oak
OPEN (H) Louisville
at Perr
Hoover
Lake

A few updates above. This is from BigTeams, which looks like someone updated after the announcement of the season starting a Week earlier.

Congratulations to Bulldogs Wide Receiver Trey Martin on being named second team all-state in D2! Well deserved. I'm excited to see what he does next year. Trey has big-time potential.

BGD do you feel that Green can compete for a Federal League title in '21?
Possibly, but I think they most likely finish in the middle of the pack. Green returns about 15 starters and will have over 20 seniors next year. The 2022 class is the most talented class in recent memory. Green should beat Lake and Hoover, who both lose a ton of starters, and Glen Oak. Problem is, the Bulldogs have to face McKinley, Perry, and Jackson all on the road. Winning those games is a lot to ask.