Green Bulldogs Basketball 2020-21

Bull GreenDog

It's that time of year again Bulldog fans! Only 25 days until the mighty Green Bulldogs take the court again! The Dawgs have been terrific the last two years, with a combined record of 44-8! Unfortunately, Green had to say farewell to one of the greatest senior classes ever to wear the Orange and Black. So what does that mean for Bulldog basketball? It means that the next group of players gets the opportunity to build on the strong foundation that has been laid over the last two years.

6-6 Junior Zach Oddo is the leading returning scorer. He is a great three point shooter and with his size, can score in the paint as well. Oddo will be expected to be the go-to guy on offense. The dude is just a natural scorer, and can be expected to be one of the best players in the Federal League. Fellow junior Trey Martin is an outstanding athlete, as we can see from his 14 Touchdown catches this football season. Martin is a strong, physical guard and a great defender. Expect him to be the anchor of the defense, and I wouldn't be surprised if he took his offensive game up a notch as well. 6-5 Senior forward Nathan Smith is going to take over the post position that Donovan O'Neil and Alex Casper held last year. He has good size and a good jump shot too.

The Bulldogs are going to be a young team in 2020, but they are well-coached and big. Coach Mark Kinsley runs a proven system and always gets his guys to play hard for 32 minutes, no matter who the opponent is. Green has some challenging games at the beginning of the season, as they play SVSM, at Hoban, at Solon, at Buchtel, and at McKinley all by January 5th. We'll see what this team is made of very quickly. I'm very excited to see this team in action. LET'S GO DAWGS!

Wow! I suspect this season is going to play out like this with alot of last minute cancellations and schedule changes.

8 more days until the season tips off for Green. Opening game is at home against Stow next Tuesday, then on the road against Massillon next Friday. The team had their first scrimmage on Saturday at Brunswick, anyone hear how they did?

Season starts tomorrow! Anyone have any information about Stow. Last year when they played Green they were big and physical, but couldn't shoot and the ball handling was poor. I saw them again later on when they played Ursuline at Jackson's gym over Christmas break. Big improvement from the opener, one of the guards scored over 20. No clue if any of the guys I'm thinking about are back. I do know Stow is usually pretty competitive and has beaten Green in the past.