Green Bulldogs 2019-20 Basketball Thread

Bull GreenDog

Under 2 weeks now until the season starts! After last year's glorious run to the Final Eight and first ever district championship, I am hyped to watch some Dawgs basketball this year. I think this team may be EVEN BETTER than last year's team, meaning this could be Green's best team ever! Why the bold prediction? Well, there are 4 returning starters and 6 seniors on the roster. All but one varsity player from last year return. Don't be fooled by our lack of size, this bunch is full of excellent athletes. Garrison Keeslar and Donovan O'Neill will be making highlight reel plays every game, and Shea Simmer and Ryan Smith will run teams off the court with their defensive skill. This is going to be a fast-paced team that will be able to outrun anyone. When this team gets going with their press and fast break, Look out! The Dawgs have won scrimmages against Livingston and Buchtel, Cleveland Heights, Cleveland central Catholic, and Lutheran East. Coach Kinsley will be running his proven system with veteran players that have experience playing together as a team. There may not be individual stars, but the Bulldogs will have great defense, teamwork, experience, and hustle. Cannot wait!

Gbulldog

Looking forward to the season.....Will miss Martin but teamhas alot of experience. Trey Marting has a year under his belt and is a great athlete. O'neil needs to be a beat this year and keesler needs to steup up big time in absence of Martin. Simmer, I beleive, had a so so year last year and needs to step it up this year. Lack of depth may hurt them, but look forward to a great season.

CantonKid

Under 2 weeks now until the season starts! After last year's glorious run to the Final Eight and first ever district championship, I am hyped to watch some Dawgs basketball this year. I think this team may be EVEN BETTER than last year's team, meaning this could be Green's best team ever! Why the bold prediction? Well, there are 4 returning starters and 6 seniors on the roster. All but one varsity player from last year return. Don't be fooled by our lack of size, this bunch is full of excellent athletes. Garrison Keeslar and Donovan O'Neill will be making highlight reel plays every game, and Shea Simmer and Ryan Smith will run teams off the court with their defensive skill. This is going to be a fast-paced team that will be able to outrun anyone. When this team gets going with their press and fast break, Look out! The Dawgs have won scrimmages against Livingston and Buchtel, Cleveland Heights, Cleveland central Catholic, and Lutheran East. Coach Kinsley will be running his proven system with veteran players that have experience playing together as a team. There may not be individual stars, but the Bulldogs will have great defense, teamwork, experience, and hustle. Cannot wait!
Can't wait for the Dawgs and the Bulldogs to lock horns.:p

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Should be a good game. I'm expecting Green to win the game but any outcome is possible this early in the season.

cardzfan1234

Green, underestimated by me, gave Mentor one of their more surprising (at least in my eyes) losses in tournament play last year. I was very surprised at how they handled the Cardinals from start to finish. Hopefully our paths cross again in March. Like Green, Mentor returns a lot of their key players from last season - including their top three scorers. Both teams are in the top 5 on Cleveland.com's pre-season poll. Good luck this season in a challenging Fed schedule.

Bull GreenDog

First Home Game of the Season tonight against the Knights of Nordonia! Nordonia lost their opener 53-41 to Mayfield. The Dogs obliterated Stow on the road by 37 last Wednesday. Stow did not score a point in the third quarter and were held to 9 the whole second half. GHS defense absolutely suffocating (as I predicted it would be) constantly forcing turnovers. Our old Suburban League rival will need to bring its a-game to compete, but the Bulldogs cannot afford to take anyone lightly. Let's hope the Dogs take care of business and give the home crowd lots to cheer about today and throughout the year!

Bull GreenDog

Hoover is coming up next for the Bulldogs. We blew a fourth quarter lead and lost the league opener to the Vikings last year. Can't happen again! I think Green is going to come in focused and really make a statement early in the year with their play tonight. Expect a big crowd. I predict Ryan Smith has a huge night for Green.