Green and Hoban Positions

Does anyone know if Green named a new coach yet? Never saw anything in the REP about it becoming open.

Does anyone know if Green named a new coach yet? Never saw anything in the REP about it becoming open.

Rumor going around is there were only 6 applicants for the job and there is a final 2. Neither of the final 2 are an upgrade from previous coach that parents ran out :wallbang:

There are so many jobs open right now, there really aren't enough "quality" candidates to fill them all imho.

There are so many jobs open right now, there really aren't enough "quality" candidates to fill them all imho.

Agreed. There are a number of schools (on the boys and girls sides) who will return next year worse off in the coaching department than before these changes were made.

However, I do believe that Green is filling their position with a very quality coach if the rumors are true - I think that she will do an outstanding job and I could see how it would be a good fit.

Also - there were rumors going around about a "final 2" and "list of applicants" at Green - these rumors were totally false. A few of the names that were supposedly "in contact" or "going through the process" with Green had never even applied.

The Hoban job is getting a lot of interest from outside candidates.

Waiting to hear how great everything is at McKinley, how well run the athletic department is. How the ever-competent Stranger and Malone will hit another home run like they did with Wattley. McK will probably have a new coach around Oct 1.

Wonder why Pam Davis left McK , WOW I guess after Bell leaving for Ohio State must not have any returning talent, or is there some underlining problems in the CCS system

Wonder why Pam Davis left McK , WOW I guess after Bell leaving for Ohio State must not have any returning talent, or is there some underlining problems in the CCS system

Highly doubt that lol. She was at McK for a long time and always had winning seasons with whoever she had on the roster. As far as CCS politics, I can't speak to that. Maybe she just wanted a change and the Hoban gig probably pays better. Whatever the case may be good luck to them! Gonna be hard to fill those shoes for McK.

I heard she is a teacher as well, an with all the changes CCS did moving people around or letting go put more work on her with no increase in pay with what they are paying the new football coach and basketball coach I'm done see ya funny both Davis and Rearden had three year contracts how did that work out Hummmmm

On the surface this move doesn't look like a good fit. But on the other hand when she was hired by the CCS system there were posters that accused this husband and wife coaching team of major recruiting practices and questioned CCS system of making a major mistake in hiring them. Maybe it is a good fit for them then.

On the surface this move doesn't look like a good fit. But on the other hand when she was hired by the CCS system there were posters that accused this husband and wife coaching team of major recruiting practices and questioned CCS system of making a major mistake in hiring them. Maybe it is a good fit for them then.

Well they were successful in getting the 3 time Ms. Basketball to transfer to McK. Now that they are at Hoban you can expect them to follow what Tyrell is doing with the football program and they will be successful in the win column with what they'll be able to get away with. But I just don't see them being a good fit at a Catholic school?

You do realize that Bell's been in Canton City since well before 9th grade right? ... and that it wouldn't take much convincing for any kid to go from the Alliance program at the time to any reasonably successful program? ... but since you clearly consider yourself an expert on the Davis's, I'll take your word on things smh