Greatest Running Back: LaDainian Tomlinson vs Jim Brown

Greatest Running Back: LaDainian Tomlinson vs Jim Brown

• LaDainian Tomlinson 13,684 2001-2011

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Jim Brown 12,312 1957-1965

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Can't compare them because of the amount of time between their playing years,the game changed every decade at least.

Never saw Jim Brown play so I cannot compare the two, but LT was an amazing RB and I think beats women less than JB does.

Neither, the answer is Barry Sanders, end of discussion.
While Barry Sanders is one of, if not the greatest ever, an amazing stat is he was held to no yards, or lost yards, on more carries than any other RB in history!

A former OL of his said it was great to block for a guy like him, but it was frustrating because so many times he abandoned where the run was supposed to go way too early and got tackled for a loss and it made some OL look bad as if they missed their blocks.

While Barry Sanders is one of, if not the greatest ever, an amazing stat is he was held to no yards, or lost yards, on more carries than any other RB in history!

A former OL of his said it was great to block for a guy like him, but it was frustrating because so many times he abandoned where the run was supposed to go way too early and got tackled for a loss and it made some OL look bad as if they missed their blocks.

He is the only guy in the modern era to average 5.0+ yards per carry over their whole career behind a terrible OL, terrible QBs, etc.

First pro football game I ever saw in prtson was in Im B rown's rookie year. I sat in the bleachers not to be known as the dawg pound for another 25 years. Brown rushed for 237 yards which broke the NFL rushing record. After my father bought season tickets, so I saw either in person or on TV every game Jim Brown played. To suggest that there was anyone close to him reveals the suggestor to be an idiot.