Grandma killed by pipe bomb at gender-reveal party

"Our investigation showed that members of the Kreimeyer family were experimenting with different types of explosive material on Friday and Saturday in an attempt to record a gender reveal that could be posted on social media for friends and family," according to a statement from the sheriff's office.

I'm guessing if they posted it, it would go viral now...

How common are these gender reveal parties? I thought the best reveal parties are when the Dad walks into the waiting room and announces "It's a boy!" or "It's a girl!"
Handing out cigars with a pink or blue wrapper isn't YouScreen/InstaChat/TicTac-worthy

As awful of a social media trend as gender reveals are, to me the worst will always be the bridal dance with the father that starts as a slow dance and devolves into the dippy daughter and fat old dad awkwardly twerking to some crappy modern club music. Women think it’s funny and cute. It’s annoying and stupid. Sorry.

How common are these gender reveal parties? I thought the best reveal parties are when the Dad walks into the waiting room and announces "It's a boy!" or "It's a girl!"
Pretty common here in SW ohio. I was forced to attend one about a year ago. Pretty stupid in every way.

1- 60 people present, no one had ever heard of the word COVID, hugs, laughs and raspberries shared by siblings
2-father to be openly disappointed when the smoke bomb they lit turned pink
3- this was the dumbest part, and I never saw it coming, to let neighbors in on the reveal a pre determined plan had been concocted, he would fire his handgun in the air six times for a boy, and just 3 times for a girl. When that first round went off 10ft from me without warning and my back to him I thought someone had finally had enough and was in active shooter mode. I jumped behind a apple tree to figure out if I needed to do more to protect my position and noticed a few others had the same idea. Father to be's family is mixed up in drug trade so I wasn't taking any chances.

Maybe we should start a business that specializes in making attendee safe reveal devices for these dip$h!+s to use at their reveals.

These are the same people who are going to end up being the annoying parents who gripe about and at the little league coach, complain about princess not being the focus of the Christmas pageant, lead the gossip of the mom's group in the grade school parking lot, dress like their teenage daughters when they're in their mid-40's...

Another groupr of geniuses at work. These dolts created such an explosion it was felt towns away and over state lines-

Gender reveal parties are asinine.
I like that they annoy the people who think you can’t assign gender, but they are obnoxious. It’s kinda like when a big time high school athlete is deciding where to sign. It’s fine if you want to celebrate the moment, but keep it simple. Making a big show out of the event makes you look like an a hole.

Pretty common here in SW ohio. I was forced to attend one about a year ago. Pretty stupid in every way.

1- 60 people present, no one had ever heard of the word COVID, hugs, laughs and raspberries shared by siblings
2-father to be openly disappointed when the smoke bomb they lit turned pink
3- this was the dumbest part, and I never saw it coming, to let neighbors in on the reveal a pre determined plan had been concocted, he would fire his handgun in the air six times for a boy, and just 3 times for a girl. When that first round went off 10ft from me without warning and my back to him I thought someone had finally had enough and was in active shooter mode. I jumped behind a apple tree to figure out if I needed to do more to protect my position and noticed a few others had the same idea. Father to be's family is mixed up in drug trade so I wasn't taking any chances.
Real man would have jumped in front of woman, not behind a tree.

Maybe this explains how you got goat roped in attending in the first place.

I like that they annoy the people who think you can’t assign gender, but they are obnoxious. It’s kinda like when a big time high school athlete is deciding where to sign. It’s fine if you want to celebrate the moment, but keep it simple. Making a big show out of the event makes you look like an a hole.
A-holes do a-hole things.

Ummm...uhhhh....just wow.

Hilarious. More proof that you can't fix toopid.

A-holes do a-hole things.
Yeah, but it’s not cut & dry. I’ve seen people color the inside of a cake pink or blue then wait for the parents to cut the cake to make the reveal. It’s kind of corny, but doesn’t make them a holes.

Yeah, but it’s not cut & dry. I’ve seen people color the inside of a cake pink or blue then wait for the parents to cut the cake to make the reveal. It’s kind of corny, but doesn’t make them a holes.
Well, I’m kinda old school, so I think all of it is silly. News flash, most people don’t care about your life or your kids lives to the degree you think they do. But most will come to a party for free food and drink.

It's all just attention seeking behavior. The basic cake celebration doesn't go over the line to "@$$h0lery", but what's wrong with just excitedly telling people like the old days. Explosions and huge parties pass over into "@$$h0lery" mode.

Well, I’m kinda old school, so I think all of it is silly. News flash, most people don’t care about your life or your kids lives to the degree you think they do. But most will come to a party for free food and drink.

I think it’s dumb too, just some are much less obnoxious than others.