Gone never more

Growing up in University Heights ... Scotts 5 & 10 store. The one in this picture, was the fancy one located down in Akron.

Capt. Penny w/ old movie shorts...(Our Gang / Little Rascals / Three Stooges)
Barnaby
Super Host

---

When it comes to five and dimes and the like...

W.T.Grant (AKA ~Grants)
F.W. Woolworth (AKA ~ Woolworths)
S.S.Kresge Co, (this morphed into Kmart)
Giant Tiger
Clarkins (this company started out selling surplus goods)

:>---

SF

Capt. Penny w/ old movie shorts...(Our Gang / Little Rascals / Three Stooges)
Barnaby
Super Host

---

W.T.Grant (AKA ~Grants)
Giant Tiger

SF
For me, the five and dime was Ben Franklin. A penny for a bubble gum cigarette, 3 cents for a piece of hard Bazooka Joe bubble gum (had to save those comics), 5 cents for a Bullseye, along with many other assorted candies sold individually (Fruitella, Fun Dip, Pink Lemonade, etc).

perculator coffee pots.

And I don't know why. I'd buy one in an instant just because it smells up the room better and makes noise.

Home tower 40 or 60 foot antennas with rotomatic antennas

As a 14 year old kid I would install those in 5 foot section for my uncle business

Home tower 40 or 60 foot antennas with rotomatic antennas

As a 14 year old kid I would install those in 5 foot section for my uncle business

My Ma had one and when I wasn't looking, the next door scraper/junkie convinced her he'd get it out of the way for her. And of course, she lost most of her tv stations.

"...on Halle's 7th floor,
you ain't there no more,
and neither is the store"

:cry:

---

W.T.Grant (AKA ~Grants)
Giant Tiger

SF

How about, "Uncle Bill's is for the people, for the people...." ?

SF

Thanks

We probably should chuck the aluminum one we have and get a stainless one - but I'll check Lehman's Hardware. F--k Walmart.

That maggot Coughlin was the worst PoS to come out of St Ed's and Cleveland's West Side Irish.

Haven't read the whole thread to see if its in there already but remember Columbia Record House? You would get like 12 albums/CD's for a penny and then have to buy like 5 more at regular price over the next 2 years.

Haven't read the whole thread to see if its in there already but remember Columbia Record House? You would get like 12 albums/CD's for a penny and then have to buy like 5 more at regular price over the next 2 years.

Best Joe Phabeets "sorry, I moved" pre- credit card scam ?

Yours is the first mention of Columbia House that I've seen.

I was a member of BMG which was part of RCA on two different occasions. Once pre-HS and again while in college. I came out ahead vs. paying retail by simply fulfiling the terms of membership and cancelling ASAP. Where they'd get you is if you didn't indicate that you didn't want the monthly featured album that they automatically sent you if you didn't respond. On my one membership cycle, I walked away with about 15 CDs while only having to buy 3 or 4 more at regular price - got the 12 for 1 as well as 3 more freebies for a membership referral. Everyone said, "they'll get you on the shipping," but at the end of the day, even the shipping wasn't bad given that the same CD was going to cost $12.99 at the local music store I frequented and $16.99 or $17.99 at the mall.