Gone never more

‘#’ meant number or pound

One of the baseball teams I coached around 2010 put each players number on the side of the hat. Had a parent come up to a couple of us coaches a few months ago from that team and asked why we put "hashtag" 21 on her son's hat. We just looked at her and said, "you mean "NUMBER" 21?"

One of the baseball teams I coached around 2010 put each players number on the side of the hat. Had a parent come up to a couple of us coaches a few months ago from that team and asked why we put "hashtag" 21 on her son's hat. We just looked at her and said, "you mean "NUMBER" 21?"
Seems odd to put the # sign as if the number itself wasn't obvious......

Most of these are gone...
140px-ClassicTelephoneBooth.jpg

There are still a few of these around...
140px-Telus_Payphone_in_Golden_BC.jpg

:>---

EGA

[
Actually think these beers are all still around?

Maybe not Schlitz....

Many "classic" beers were purchased by a larger brewery and lost their original flavor when their original location was shuttered and they were just another line in some macro brewery. In particular Stroh's and Rolling Rock are not the same products and are more novelties than anything else.

Just saw this one on another site and thought the Yappi folks would appreciate it.

Live concerts without everyone sticking their smart phone up to record it>

lwsm_c40-0_ledzeppelinc_1471.jpg

MATCHBOOKS...

s-l225.jpg

There was a time when just about every
restaurant - bowling ally - hotel - and any place that
sold tobacco gave away free matchbooks.

:>---

EGA

Arizonawildcat ... like these?

View attachment 3894

No, mine was brown and tan and made to look like a little briefacse. It had straps and snap pockets. I thought it was so cool. I used it throughout my elementary school years. My first year at Ignatius I foolishly bought a bag like the one above. Those bags were called bimbo bags and immediately identified the carrier as a freshman. After that year I used a large clipboard with bungee straps to carry all my school stuff.