• Middletown

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Hamilton

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Mason

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Middletown outlasts Lakota West 61-58 in double overtime. Close game throughout. West tied it at the horn with a layup after Middletown scored to take lead with 6.7 seconds left. In the second overtime West tied it on a Trent Lloyd 3 with 2.2 seconds left and had a chance to win it after Middletown turned the ball over on the inbounds pass but this time Lloyd’s NBA’s range 3 went off the back iron forcing a 2nd ot. West had some chances in overtime but a couple of missed free throws and untimely turnovers doomed them. West did manage to cut it to 2 with 5.2 seconds left on Lloyd’s 3. After Middies made one of 2 free throws West last desperation heave from half court hit off the backboard ending the game. West ended up having 4 guys foul out and were without Dudukovich who did not play due to leg injury. Not sure how serious it is or how many more games he’ll miss if any going forward.

What a strange night in this league once again with how some of these games played out! lol

Sycamore crushes Mason at home. Didn't see this one coming one bit. Aves really hitting their stride and playing like the team many of us thought they could be which was one of the best in the state. Curious as to what happened with Mason tonight and their coach, hopefully all is well for them going forward as they've had a good season so far.
Middies beat West at home and I nearly had this one spot on, but I also thought Dudukovich would be playing. lol Good to see Trent Lloyd from West play well for them, as well as other guys step up to give them a chance to win. Here's to a good recovery for Dudukovich and hopefully we get to see him back on the court soon.
Fairfield handles business down at Oak Hills. Not too much of a surprise here.
What a game down in Hamilton. Matthews drops 39! Woah!. Has to be the most a Hamilton player has scored in a long long time if not the school record (doubt it in their history though)? But all for nothing as Princeton still takes care of business. Good to see Woods back for the Vikes. They are playing well right now.
East skates by Colerain. I did not see this one coming either. Credit to the Cardinals for keeping it close but East still gets the W.

Tuesday looks to provide some good games.

Princeton is a tough watch. Their fouling will kill them in the tournament. I say it every year but they just continue to play the same style.
At least this year they appear to know how to attack a zone defense. That's been a huge weakness with past coaches.

1/10 Predictions

Middies 58 Fairfield 63
I think Middletown comes in ready to play and competes the whole night, but the Indians will be too much at home. This has the make up to be an exciting game.
Mason 67 East 64
I'm having doubts with this one and really don't know how it will go. I think Mason will respond from the rough last outing they had, and East will come ready to play as well. Wouldn't be surprised if it went either way.
Princeton 71 West 67 Assuming the Duke plays this is the score I'll go with. If he is still out then I think Princeton will run it up 15+ on the Firebirds.
Colerain 32 Oak Hills 50 This game will be competitive early but Oak Hills will make more plays throughout the game to get the win
Hamilton 39 Sycamore 61 Aviators are playing really good ball right now and they'll keep that up tomorrow night at home. Hamilton could surprise and make this interesting though.

Let's give it another go for tomorrow night 1/13

Hamilton 58 Mason 62 One of those "either way" games I think. Really depends on which team comes out ready to play.
West 65 Colerain 50 West has some different guys carrying the load with Dudukovich out. I think they will step up tomorrow. Colerain has been playing competitive ball of late.
Fairfield 60 Sycamore 56 This game should be a lot of fun. Fairfield has the edge playing at home and gets this one. I like the the match up of the 2 big guys in Burgess and Rogers, but there's a lot to watch here!
Oak Hills 48 Middletown 57 Could be a good game here. I think the Middies pull this one out and begin to extend the lead late.
East 59 Princeton 66 Another solid match-up. I like the Vikes as they've been playing well, are at home, and I think have more depth.

Mason is leading Hamilton 47-35 about 1/2 through the third but the Comets have already committed 7 fouls (I think 13 in the first half). I’ve never seen anything like it.

Lakota East 57
Princeton 54
Final OT

Like how my Vikes fought back. Great win for East on the road

In that top 15 I see 15 teams that could beat any of the other 14 on any given night. Not sure I've seen a field this deep and diverse for Cincinnati in my 13 years of living here.

Elder 56
OH 24

I watched online and it looked like OH didn't even want to be there. They scored 14 points the last 3 qtrs.

In that top 15 I see 15 teams that could beat any of the other 14 on any given night. Not sure I've seen a field this deep and diverse for Cincinnati in my 13 years of living here.
Philly the chart didn't show up on my feed other than a bunch of random gook and stuff---he is gonna update it to 33 teams as Aiken and Ross are in D1 this year and Mt. Healthy is D2---I will post it back again when he changes it. I agree that #3-#15 teams, especially after Elder and Fairfield at 1 and 2, are very closely bunched--should be really good games even in the 1st round this year.

Philly the chart didn't show up on my feed other than a bunch of random gook and stuff---he is gonna update it to 33 teams as Aiken and Ross are in D1 this year and Mt. Healthy is D2---I will post it back again when he changes it. I agree that #3-#15 teams, especially after Elder and Fairfield at 1 and 2, are very closely bunched--should be really good games even in the 1st round this year.
Oh hea, it looked like crap lol, but I could still discern what it was trying to show.

I agree those two are separate, but I don't think it's a super dominate separation where they can't be beat.

I'd also like to point out that I like seeing Withrow back into the mix again. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they have a new coach over the last couple years that has changed that program around?

Sycamore could turn into a dangerous head scratcher down the road. Their big man is out for the year, yet they take down X?