Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Hamilton

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Mason

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My early thoughts before the Friday nights league match-ups

1. Sycamore- Burgess looks like a top 50 prospect, this team will be really tough to beat
2. Fairfield- Crim playing at a high level will make them tough to beat on any night with the crew they have around him
3. Princeton- you beat Moeller by 20 ... enough said. Curious to learn who "Adorno" is. I had no idea about him.
4. East- This team is still very good, but a lack of "inside" presence will hurt them
5A. Middletown- tough week for these guys, they were missing some key players though. I think they will be much better than what they showed game 1.
5B. Mason- impressive week for these guys no doubt, many would say I'm crazy for not having them standing alone at 5. This team is much better than I initially thought.
7A. Oak Hills- Solid first win, they will continue to do what they do
7B. Lakota West- I have some doubts about this team, I'm sure Brownsburg was a very good opponent though
9. Hamilton- took care of business game 1, will need to see more though from them
10. Colerain- good first win, they've certainly improved. Will be a battle to win a league game though at some point I'd still imagine.
Definitely agree Burgess is the real down, I do worry about if their guards will be able to handle teams that can apply ball pressure they seemed to get flustered a lot when Dublin did provide ball pressure.
Crim is a beast his leadership and experience will propel FF further than their ceiling
Princeton is an X factor type of team to me they can be a special team or they can be a disappointment coming off the big Moeller win hopefully they fulfill the special aspect the city basketball is in a better place when Princeton is good I think I like East a little more than Princeton right now but the Adorno kid from PR is definitely an interesting pickup for Princeton
Middletown will be fine they didn't shoot the ball well just a perfect storm for that LM game
Mason impressed
Oak Hills will always have some relevance because of Price
Coaching may be Lakota West downfall they have the pieces but the coaching is a question mark in my opinion

If everyone is healthy and eligible Landers won't be the best player on his team.
Not taking away from anyone in Middletown’s team as they have 3-4 really good players with a good supporting cast and Moss is a heck of a coach. But if you watch the way he plays, he has the most upside by far.

Princeton/Sycamore was tremendous. Princeton went down by eight, then up by 10, then Sycamore cut it to one.

Oddly enough I think Burgess might do better when a team with some real bigs guard him one on one. Princeton double and triple teamed his touches after he Shaq-slammed the first play of the game.

Most of Princeton's size looks to be out hurt. They could be a complete team at full strength. Keven Adorno could be a budding prospect for the Vikes.

Sycamore versus Princeton was a very good game. Adorno was solid for sure. I walk away extremely impressed by Austin Southerland from Sycamore. Very solid performance when it was needed. Sycamore missed Hall quite a bit who wasn’t dressed and foul trouble played a major role in the outcome. Princeton did what they do and Burgess was ineffective against them tonight. Rematch will be fun.

WOW! What a great night in the GMC. Certainly shaping up to be the league most of us thought it would be. Safe to say that "tiers" is probably the best way to rank these teams. Looking at box scores all of the winners were quite impressive.

FF- Coney leading the charge was big for them, He's a massive guard and East just lacked the inside presence to deal with him. Multi-dimensional stars with a great cast of role players can lead them to another potential GMC title and maybe district title.
Princeton- What a game for these guys, Adorno looks to be that potential "player of the year" type kid that they really needed this year. They like FF have some other big time guys around him. Vike, who are the guys they're missing? I've seen the roster and I don't think they're impact guys.
Sycamore- I still think they have the best starting 5, but they have NO DEPTH. Missing Hall who is their 2nd best player and one of the better players in the league crushed them tonight I believe. This is a team that will struggle when they aren't at full strength.

Middletown- Sounds like they showed what they're capable of early against the Blue, but now more adversity has struck. I was told the kids didn't do anything too crazy, but still ejected for the next 2 games. This is the team that could be very scary late in the year though.
East- They have a great back court and wings, they're going to guard well. Better not sleep on these guys or they will get you.
Mason- Took care of business against Colerain. Think Toohey is doing a solid job. Tough out for anyone.
West- I had some doubts about these guys as did 82. The thing is they still have Dudukovich and with him they'll at least have a chance going into every game. Congrats to Nathan Dudukovich "The Duke" on becoming the All-Time Leading Scorer at Lakota West, great kid that's been fun to watch!

Oak Hills- Think they're most likely to climb up this list. They're a very solid team, but this league is absolutely Loaded this year.
Hamilton- Just didn't have a great game last night. If Cooper is struggling for them It will be tough to generate offense.
Colerain- Certainly an improved product.

WOW! What a great night in the GMC. Certainly shaping up to be the league most of us thought it would be. Safe to say that "tiers" is probably the best way to rank these teams. Looking at box scores all of the winners were quite impressive.

FF- Coney leading the charge was big for them, He's a massive guard and East just lacked the inside presence to deal with him. Multi-dimensional stars with a great cast of role players can lead them to another potential GMC title and maybe district title.
Princeton- What a game for these guys, Adorno looks to be that potential "player of the year" type kid that they really needed this year. They like FF have some other big time guys around him. Vike, who are the guys they're missing? I've seen the roster and I don't think they're impact guys.
Sycamore- I still think they have the best starting 5, but they have NO DEPTH. Missing Hall who is their 2nd best player and one of the better players in the league crushed them tonight I believe. This is a team that will struggle when they aren't at full strength.

Middletown- Sounds like they showed what they're capable of early against the Blue, but now more adversity has struck. I was told the kids didn't do anything too crazy, but still ejected for the next 2 games. This is the team that could be very scary late in the year though.
East- They have a great back court and wings, they're going to guard well. Better not sleep on these guys or they will get you.
Mason- Took care of business against Colerain. Think Toohey is doing a solid job. Tough out for anyone.
West- I had some doubts about these guys as did 82. The thing is they still have Dudukovich and with him they'll at least have a chance going into every game. Congrats to Nathan Dudukovich "The Duke" on becoming the All-Time Leading Scorer at Lakota West, great kid that's been fun to watch!

Oak Hills- Think they're most likely to climb up this list. They're a very solid team, but this league is absolutely Loaded this year.
Hamilton- Just didn't have a great game last night. If Cooper is struggling for them It will be tough to generate offense.
Colerain- Certainly an improved product.
Princeton has Ilijah Walker (transfer from Mt Healthy two years ago) Scottie Donald, and Daniel Jones all out. They all look 6'6"+. Jones looks like in the ballpark of 6'7" 200+. They also have another guy on the bench, #24, whose name I don't know who looked about 6'6ish but didn't play.

Would they be impactful? I don't know, but at least they're bodies. The only physical presence they have now is Dorian Williams at about 6'4". To his credit, he matched Burgess pretty well in the post.

Princeton has Ilijah Walker (transfer from Mt Healthy two years ago) Scottie Donald, and Daniel Jones all out. They all look 6'6"+. Jones looks like in the ballpark of 6'7" 200+. They also have another guy on the bench, #24, whose name I don't know who looked about 6'6ish but didn't play.

Would they be impactful? I don't know, but at least they're bodies. The only physical presence they have now is Dorian Williams at about 6'4". To his credit, he matched Burgess pretty well in the post.
They have #30 listed as 6'4 but doesn't look like he is 6'4

My predictions for tomorrow night:
Hamilton 60- Colerain 48 (Colerain keeps it tight at half, but Blue pull away late)
Middletown 47- East 63 (With the guys the middies have out, I don't see this being much of a game sadly because it could've been a good one)
Fairfield 70- West 61 (Dudukovich with 30+ but Crim, Coney, and Rogers too much to overcome)
Princeton 61- Mason 55 (should be a good game with both teams off to good starts)
Oak Hills 41 - Sycamore 53 (I'm assuming Hall isn't playing, if he does that would increase the margin of victory for Aves imo)

Does anyone know if Isaac Stamper is healthy for Middletown? I know he was at a much smaller school in Middletown Christian last year, but I figured with his size at 6'8 and the skill level I saw in him last year that he would at least have some kind of impact this year. Surprised he wouldn't see the floor at all if he is healthy.

Does anyone know if Isaac Stamper is healthy for Middletown? I know he was at a much smaller school in Middletown Christian last year, but I figured with his size at 6'8 and the skill level I saw in him last year that he would at least have some kind of impact this year. Surprised he wouldn't see the floor at all if he is healthy.
I was at their Lima scrimmage right before the season started. Pretty meaty cast and sling on his arm.

Hand injury of some sort. Hoping he’s back soon

Looks like most of Princeton’s height is out injured tonight… three not dressed with two of them in boots. 🤷‍♂️

Vikings 37
Comets 25
Half

Princeton absolutely loving Mason’s zone.
Dropping 24ft+ bombs with ease.

It will be interesting to see if Mason changes defense in the second half.

Fairfield blows an 8 point lead in the final couple minutes. West ties it with under a minute. FF ‘s Crim misses a shot and rebound was tipped out to Fairfield’s Kameron Saunders who hit a buzzer beater 3 to win it for Fairfield 61-58
Crim had 33
Dudokovich had 23

Mason and the 1-3-1 will be interesting to see long term in the GMC. The coaches in this league know how to counter things pretty quickly.
Princeton knew what to do with everything Mason threw at them… well-coached team and I didn’t see any glaring weakness (other than their big guys not being on the court),

Princeton knew what to do with everything Mason threw at them… well-coached team and I didn’t see any glaring weakness (other than their big guys not being on the court),
The only issue I see with Princeton right now is they struggle with giving up second chance rebounds, because of their size in the front court. Hopefully the bigs can change that once they get healthy

My Friday 12/9 predictions

Middies 58 Colerain 45 (Middies not having guys will make game closer than should be, was surprised how bad Colerain struggled against Hamilton)
Princeton 55 Fairfield 59 (Crim vs. Adorno this game is BIG TIME, give me the Indians with home court advantage though but could go either way probably)
Sycamore 51 East 59 (If Hall plays I'll probably change my prediction to Aves in a close one but East will run these guys with the Aves lacking depth)
Hamilton 51 West 65 (both teams had good showings Tuesday but I think West just has more offensive talent)
Mason 63 Oak Hills 54 (good competitive game, but Mason has more talent)