• Middletown

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Hamilton

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Mason

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The only issue I see with Princeton right now is they struggle with giving up second chance rebounds, because of their size in the front court. Hopefully the bigs can change that once they get healthy
Mason outrebounded Princeton 37-16 😲. Mason had 16 rebounds from one player (Ben Golan). But as mentioned, most of Princeton's height didn't dress. If Princeton is healthy, could be a very deep tourney run.

Mason outrebounded Princeton 37-16 😲. Mason had 16 rebounds from one player (Ben Golan). But as mentioned, most of Princeton's height didn't dress. If Princeton is healthy, could be a very deep tourney run.
I think Princeton needs 1 or 2 of their underutilized bigs to beat Fairfield. I could be wrong, but I think size will actually play a huge role. The guard play for both teams are GMC top level. Personally I think that was Princeton’s Achilles heal last season, was their size in the front court

Princeton 28
Fairfield 30
Half

Fairfield started the 2nd quarter on a 10-0 run and taking a 5 point lead. Princeton battled back cutting Fairfield's lead to 2 at the Half

Outside of that Mason-Oak Hills half time score not too many surprises tonight in my book.

I saw Sycamore had the whole starting 5 back which made the difference in that one against East.
Dudukovich carries West to a tight win over Hamilton. Matthews and Holden played well looking at stat sheet for blue. West needs more guys to step up in the offensive department if they want to get a shot at a conference crown.
Colerain hung around, but Middies are no where near where they'll be by end of season. The boys will be back Tuesday.
FF with their "big 3" are just a match-up problem for teams. 2 way players that are gamers. Princeton had some guys play well for sure. No Riley woods though which I'm sure hurt. Them not having Ishamail play who came over from Hamilton for football hurts as he could've really been the inside presence for them I believe.

Tuesday 12/13
Fairfield @ Hamilton
Oak Hills @ Lakota East
Middletown @ Mason
Colerain @ Princeton
West @ Sycamore

FF and Princeton should cruise, East and Sycamore win. Full strength Middletown at Mason?

Not to double post but…
Princeton did in fact cruise as Colerain scored a whopping 24 points in losing by 35
Fairfield did not cruise having to pull away late from a scrappy Hamilton team
Sycamore and East lose and Middletown - Mason appears to be the game of the night - a 1 pt Middie win.
I did not see Sycamore’s Southerland in the box score - they appear to have zero depth and being without a starter hurts them again.

Any reports on Mason - Middletown or West - Sycamore?

Not to double post but…
Princeton did in fact cruise as Colerain scored a whopping 24 points in losing by 35
Sycamore and East lose and Middletown - Mason appears to be the game of the night - a 1 pt Middie win.
I did not see Sycamore’s Southerland in the box score - they appear to have zero depth and being without a starter hurts them again.

I was told Southerland was not at the game due to illness. Sycamore has yet to be at full strength this season. Good win for West but if Sycamore gets healthy, they are in different classes in my opinion.

Not to double post but…

Mason slowed the game with their matchup zones. They also dominated the glass Golan kid 24 points & 13rebounds. But they continue to struggle with turnovers!
The Middies didn’t make shots in the first half but turned up the press and shots fell in the second. At one point they went up 8 and seem to be pulling away but Mason fought back and had a chance to win with the ball under 10 seconds! Blanton sealed the game at the line 56-52. Mason hit a three as time expired final 55-56 Middies!

Mason slowed the game with their matchup zones. They also dominated the glass Golan kid 24 points & 13rebounds. But they continue to struggle with turnovers!
The Middies didn’t make shots in the first half but turned up the press and shots fell in the second. At one point they went up 8 and seem to be pulling away but Mason fought back and had a chance to win with the ball under 10 seconds! Blanton sealed the game at the line 56-52. Mason hit a three as time expired final 55-56 Middies!
Should be a great game Friday Middletown against Princeton

Interesting games Tuesday. The only surprise result I'd say was Oak Hills over East. I don't consider West over Sycamore an upset if the Aves aren't at full strength as they have no depth.

My Friday predictions (first 4 games could all go either way probably)
FF 66 Mason 59 Crim just got his 1000th point and it's at FF. Indians will get it done, but Mason will keep it close the whole way.
Oak Hills 50 Hamilton 47 Big Blue playing better and keeping games close, but Oak Hills controls tempo of game
East 67 West 57 Big game here at West. East coming off a loss to Oak Hills I'm sure has them motivated as well as losing to West last year in the tournament. Just my opinion but I think East comes out and jumps on them early maintaining the lead throughout
Princeton 54 Middletown 58 Middies at home get a huge win as they ride the momentum from their game against Mason
Sycamore 60 Colerain 34 Sycamore controls the inside and gets a win

Interesting games Tuesday. The only surprise result I'd say was Oak Hills over East. I don't consider West over Sycamore an upset if the Aves aren't at full strength as they have no depth.

My Friday predictions (first 4 games could all go either way probably)
FF 66 Mason 59 Crim just got his 1000th point and it's at FF. Indians will get it done, but Mason will keep it close the whole way.
Oak Hills 50 Hamilton 47 Big Blue playing better and keeping games close, but Oak Hills controls tempo of game
East 67 West 57 Big game here at West. East coming off a loss to Oak Hills I'm sure has them motivated as well as losing to West last year in the tournament. Just my opinion but I think East comes out and jumps on them early maintaining the lead throughout
Princeton 54 Middletown 58 Middies at home get a huge win as they ride the momentum from their game against Mason
Sycamore 60 Colerain 34 Sycamore controls the inside and gets a win
The Middletown game is AT Princeton. Should be a great game. Does that change your opinion of the outcome?

Princeton got into a 16 point hole in the first quarter only to beat Middletown by seven. Must have been likewise on Chester Road. I noticed looking at their last few box scores that all their previous injured height is now healthy. Get Riley Woods back and they will outstanding.

Princeton got into a 16 point hole in the first quarter only to beat Middletown by seven. Must have been likewise on Chester Road. I noticed looking at their last few box scores that all their previous injured height is now healthy. Get Riley Woods back and they will outstanding.
I was told Riley Woods quit. Is that not true?

I was told Riley Woods quit. Is that not true?
Woods did quit. He was at the game walking around with his friends. Princeton’s rotation was curious. It appeared their best players (in my opinion and other alumni) came off the bench. Arnold is special and deserves more time. He is quick with an excellent handle and can create his own shots. Williams is explosive. Don’t understand why they are not starting. There are starters that are not contributing.

That was kinda what I'd heard on Woods ... tough loss as he was a really good PG in the GMC and was fun to watch. If you aren't bought in though, oh well, next man up!

Pretty good night though in league. Princeton responded after struggling early tonight against the Middies to come out with a big W at the viking village. Mason gives FF quite a scare late but Indians hold on at home, FF arena is a tough place to get a W at as a visitor. East runs it up on West early, don't know why but had a feeling that's how it was going to go. Good win for the Big Blue at home over Oak Hills, GMC is much more fun when Hamilton is playing well and they certainly have the past few games. Sycamore handles Colerain tonight.

The way it looks right now teams 1 through 9 could all get each other on any night if they don't bring it. Love seeing tight scores and back and forth games. Really exciting league with great players, coaches, and people.

44 combined turnovers and 39 combined fouls for Princeton and Middletown. There might as well have been a tornado touchdown in the gym.

I was told he had verbal to them. I was also told he was going early. I haven’t talked to him or his dad since the Fairfield football game .
Interesting!.....great athlete!

Another athlete absent Friday was Kronauge for East. I see he has not been starting all year for them, not sure why, but another great athlete, who many had great expectations for from early years.