• Colerain (10-14)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middletown (8-15)

• Lakota West (5-18)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hear the McMillan kid is transferring over to Princeton .. 3rd school in 3 years ... thought the prep route would be the next move he's proved everything at the local level thought national level would be the next challenge for him ... kid is super talented

Hear the McMillan kid is transferring over to Princeton .. 3rd school in 3 years ... thought the prep route would be the next move he's proved everything at the local level thought national level would be the next challenge for him ... kid is super talented

I don't believe he's made it out of the sectional... tough to say he's proved everything at the local level.

Let's not rush to judgement... Princeton may be a better academic fit.
Not sure if there's sarcasm there or not ... being that was the "move" to Woodward was based on education but Princeton school district is supposed to be up there from what I've heard and read

I don't believe this. Big Paul and BW don't exactly get along especially after they left Hughes for WW last year. He would have to sit unless a loop hole is found as well. They used the educational transfer card last year so not sure if he can use it again.

I don't believe this. Big Paul and BW don't exactly get along especially after they left Hughes for WW last year. He would have to sit unless a loop hole is found as well. They used the educational transfer card last year so not sure if he can use it again.
Heard they moved to Glendale ... I'm familiar with the riff b/2 the 2 just going off of what I've been told

After nine years serving at Lebanon High School, Bill Stewart is returning to the Greater Miami Conference.

The former Fairfield coach and athletic director came to Lebanon as interim AD before holding the job full-time. However, the GMC beckoned once more.

Stewart has some connections that led him to the AD job at Hamilton High School. He reunites with basketball coach Kevin Higgins, whom he brought to Lebanon from Colerain before Higgins moved on to Hamilton.

"The opportunity to move to Hamilton was too good to turn down," Stewart said.

After nine years serving at Lebanon High School, Bill Stewart is returning to the Greater Miami Conference.

The former Fairfield coach and athletic director came to Lebanon as interim AD before holding the job full-time. However, the GMC beckoned once more.

Stewart has some connections that led him to the AD job at Hamilton High School. He reunites with basketball coach Kevin Higgins, whom he brought to Lebanon from Colerain before Higgins moved on to Hamilton.

"The opportunity to move to Hamilton was too good to turn down," Stewart said.

i think that a lot of times, in certain sports, schools like Lebanon and Springboro have Division 2 talent, but parents want Division 1 championships. Hence, whining, complaining and other emotions/actions that go with kids not playing and losing.

Good luck in Hamilton. There is tons of potential in that interesting place.

i think that a lot of times, in certain sports, schools like Lebanon and Springboro have Division 2 talent, but parents want Division 1 championships. Hence, whining, complaining and other emotions/actions that go with kids not playing and losing.

Good luck in Hamilton. There is tons of potential in that interesting place.
Stewart is a GMC guy all the way with many years teaching,coaching, and AD at Fairfield before going to Lebanon after he retired. Hamilton is getting a first-rate AD and bodes well for athletes and coaches in Hamilton District!!

KJ likely will get to play the first 11 games and then sit--transfer private to public-
I think Hamilton is his home district so he will be eligible the entire season under the 1-time transfer back to home school district exemption. I'm pretty sure he played at Hamilton as a Freshman??

I think Hamilton is his home district so he will be eligible the entire season under the 1-time transfer back to home school district exemption. I'm pretty sure he played at Hamilton as a Freshman??

So wouldn't that be 2 transfers? If he started at Hamilton, went to CCS and transferred back to Hamilton

Who knows anymore what they look at but Frosh at Hamilton, then to CCS, and then back to Hamilton seems like 2 transfers as JElder said--and maybe he got one of those exemptions as you stated.

The transfer back to home school district only applies when you transfer BACK to your home school district. Looking at stats, he sat the 2nd half of the 2018-2019 season per transfer rules. The transfer back is a separate situation and covered by the exemption - doesn't matter if you transfer from Hamilton to CCS to Badin for 9-10-11 grades, when you go back to Hamilton as the home school district you become eligible for the entire season.

Heard a rumor that Cameron McKenzie from Hughes might be coming to Princeton. If true McKenzie and Hardman will be tough to beat in the GMC

Transfer rules make it very difficult to follow your coach from one school to the next without sitting a full season - wording in the OHSAA by-law means you have to be able to prove to the OHSAA you weren't recruited. I'm usually pretty good about remembering the transfer by-laws so I think the actual by-law is 4-9-4 but I could be wrong. I have heard that two of the junior high players from Hughes and possibly a couple of the freshman they had dressing varsity are transferring to Princeton.

Transfer rules make it very difficult to follow your coach from one school to the next without sitting a full season - wording in the OHSAA by-law means you have to be able to prove to the OHSAA you weren't recruited. I'm usually pretty good about remembering the transfer by-laws so I think the actual by-law is 4-9-4 but I could be wrong. I have heard that two of the junior high players from Hughes and possibly a couple of the freshman they had dressing varsity are transferring to Princeton.

Question
Let's say the kid moves to the district with parents/legal guardian where the coach is now. Can they still call it recruiting

1st time 9th graders will be eligible whether they open-enroll or move to Princeton District---Business End says a couple Frosh who were dressing varsity last year may be coming---they would be eligible if they move into the District, but sit out if open-enroll from what I read in the by-laws. Of course those "OHSAA exceptions" make about anything possible in today's transfer world.

Question
Let's say the kid moves to the district with parents/legal guardian where the coach is now. Can they still call it recruiting
The OHSAA calls it 'rebuttable recruiting' - meaning it is assumed you were recruited and you have to prove to them that you weren't recruited. The fact that any of the kids transferring to Princeton - whether by moving or open enrolling - weren't transferring prior to the new coach being hired means it would be very difficult to prove there was no recruiting. If you read the by-laws, the prior coach is supposed to have zero contact (text, call, email) with athletes from his prior school. But as Comet Country said, with the current OHSAA exceptions and more sure to follow b/c of the COVID-19 school closures anything could be possible.

20-21 GMC Power as of June 14, will probably change due to free agent signings.
Princeton
East
Fairfield
West
Sycamore
Hamilton
Mason
Oak Hills
Middletown
Colerain
People in the know please respond.

Rick---Here's what I posted in the 2020-21 GMC thread after COVID shut down the tournament om March 13th--should be an exciting season as all teams have returning, solid players.

2020-21 GMC Returning Players 2019-20 Regular Season Points Per Game and Top 5 Returning Scorers for each team:

Middletown 7-15-- 44.4 ppg (Mumford 12.2; Williams 9.3; Thompson 9.0; Hall 7.8; Blake 3.3)

Oak Hills 15-7-- 37.7 ppg (Caneris 13.5; Ramstetter 11.0; Dennis 9.3; Schreiber 2.9; Linenkugel 1.0)

Sycamore 7-15-- 31.1 ppg (Wittenbaum 9.0; Fehr 5.7; G. Darbyshire 5.9; Williams 3.8; Bruggeman 3.0)

Lakota East 20-2-- 31.0 ppg (Johnson 17.0; Coles 6.8; Peck 5.9; Kenrich 3.4; Adkins 1.9)

Mason 13-7-- 26.1 ppg (Smith 8.9; Ramsey 4.8; Pitcock 3.9; Stuart 3.5; King 3.1)

Colerain 1-21-- 24.5 ppg (Myers 9.4; F. Johnson 4.4; Sinclair 4.2; Murray 3.8; Meadows 2.1)

Princeton 15-7-- 24.2 ppg (Hardman 12.1; G. Johnson 6.2; Turner 4.3; Harris 1.6)

Fairfield 7-15 -- 24.2 ppg (Crim 10.8; Singer 4.1; Pope 3.0; Murphy 2.7; Ellery 2.3)

Hamilton 16-6-- 23.7 ppg (Lewis 9.6; Verdon 6.3; Ishmael 3.2; Simms 3.1; Jett 0.8)

Lakota West 11-11-- 21.7 ppg (Weber 6.5; Afari 6.1; Dudukovich 4.8; Lloyd 2.2; Irby 2.1)

With every GMC school having 21 ppg or more returning I would expect a very competitive GMC from top to bottom next season. Of course JV players moving up to varsity and any transfers (like Mackie did for West in 19-20) can have a major impact combining with the returning varsity players. Certainly Middletown, Oak Hills, Sycamore and Lakota East, all with over 31 ppg returning along with multiple starters with varsity experience, combined with Lakota East and Oak Hills having finished 1st and 2nd this past season will give those four teams a leg up on being pre-season favorites and/or finishing in top half of the league. Mason, Princeton, Fairfield, and Hamilton will get strong help from their JV teams--and Colerain will do much better than the 1 win season this past season. West may need to toss some upcoming Soph's onto varsity (East did it in 19-20) from a very good Freshman team this past season to help out immediately. Going to be a great year in 20-21!!