• Colerain (10-14)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middletown (8-15)

• Lakota West (5-18)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
AAU is where recruiting happens. It's rare to see coaches at high school games or needing the high school coach to be active. It seems like since he wasn't recruited D1 out of high school Wright is taking the blame.

Not sure why people don’t understand this. A high school coach has little to do with recruitment... especially at the D1 level. A high school coach might be able to help a kid at the D2 or NAIA level but a HS coach isn’t going to email or call Miami or Wright St and say “hey you should offer my player”. But parents have to have someone to blame if their kid doesn’t get what they want.

I agree that there is recruiting in AAU. However, that is mostly for D 1 kids. A great high school coach helps his players. Gets them to exposure camps and makes the effort to take them on visits. For the mid major player or the D2, D3, NAIA,or JUCO player, it is imperative that the HS coach really does his job to help his or her players get to that next level

We are talking about a specific player not getting a D1 scholly, that had nothing to do with Wright. Princeton was exposed as much as a regular high school team could have been when he was there. He played high level AAU as well, coaches just didn't think he was good enough to play D1. He kept working to get offers and that's a credit to the kid not a knock on Wright.

We are talking about a specific player not getting a D1 scholly, that had nothing to do with Wright. Princeton was exposed as much as a regular high school team could have been when he was there. He played high level AAU as well, coaches just didn't think he was good enough to play D1. He kept working to get offers and that's a credit to the kid not a knock on Wright.
I don’t know that particular situation so I was not discounting CoachWright. I was just saying great high school coaches can and should help their players get to the next level.. I think they should play a very important role.

This D-1 kid deserve it more then anything, for a high school coach not to put feelers out on a kid is crazy, Wrights resume was to good to be that lazy of a coach . The school district needs to take some responsibility as well . D-1 college coaches are at more games then people think it might not be prime time Friday /Saturday but I’ve seen them at games the last few years ,

Sometimes kids slip through the cracks. It happens and its rarely anybody's fault. There is a long list of great pro-ball players in both football and basketball that went to small schools. If this kid played at Princeton (high level program) and played on a high level AAU program, maybe DI coaches just felt he wasn't ready out of high school and offering him would be a risk. Good for him for continuing to stay focused, busting his butt and getting to where he wants to be. A lot of kids would have gotten discouraged and went another route.

It’s sad that S Wright the head coach at the time would not help out with the re

its sad that he didn’t get any looks his senior year I blame it on the school and the coach at that time , they had their heads so stuck up Bazley that nobody else cared , that team was loaded with talent that year . I know from multiple conversations with his dad that he was doing all his recruiting for him the coach wasn’t helping. I saw on his Twitter page that Wright congratulation him and said sometimes you have to take the stairs to get where your going instead of the elevator.

This is somewhat not true. I talked to a lot of recruiters that year about Darweshi. It wasn't his game , grades, coach or the school that drove them away from him. He was the best player on the team by a mile, but other people got in the way. But at the end of the day he got better and showed why he was a D1 player

Plus Wright helped Gabe O'Neal get a full ride to Kent State coming up this year. Steve Wright did a great job at Princeton

Wright did a great job with Princeton. Saw them play a number of times. Losing Bazley in the tournament was just terrible. Bazley was the most talented player on the team but I thought Hunter and O'Neal were their two most effective players.

Princeton had a great record that year. They took GMC competition to their liking. They showed their colors when they played Pickerington at Fly’in to the Hoop. Derweshi showed up playing and hustling. There was seemingly no offense besides dribble to a spot, jump as high as you can, shoot if open or try a pass off not open. The defense got wore out by the IU recruit. Bazely was literally walking back on defense. I was expecting the game off the day. Lol lol lol

This is somewhat not true. I talked to a lot of recruiters that year about Darweshi. It wasn't his game , grades, coach or the school that drove them away from him. He was the best player on the team by a mile, but other people got in the way. But at the end of the day he got better and showed why he was a D1 player

That still begs a question. If recruiters acknowledge all of those things worked in his favor, why no offers?

Anyway, he committed to Weber State today. Surprised he picked the place furthest away from his home, but congrats to him for choosing a good program in a cool college town in the mountains.

That still begs a question. If recruiters acknowledge all of those things worked in his favor, why no offers?

Anyway, he committed to Weber State today. Surprised he picked the place furthest away from his home, but congrats to him for choosing a good program in a cool college town in the mountains.

It's just pointless to put light on some he said, she said crap that doesn't even matter now. He did get offered be Central Connecticut a D1 school his senior year

It's Done!
Wyant from Hughes to Princeton. it was down to him and Kerr
Wow, Kerr Just cant catch a Break! Always a Brides Maid but never a Bride. I think he would have been fantastic at Princeton. Wyant will do a fantastic job as well and may end up being the right choice.

I think Kerr would have been a better choice. He’s used to coaching against the style of play that Princeton faces in the GMC.
Great coaches can adapt to any style and have to be able to play different styles depending on a lot of factors. I watched both Purcell and Hughes and Princeton play this year. Should be interesting to see how it works out. Wishing the best to all of them

Looks like a really good choice for Princeton. I saw Hughes in the tournament a few times and always thought they were well coached. Maybe they lost a heartbreaker in Regionals recently?

They lost to Thurgood Marshall in the district finals. I agree , I saw Hughes play 2 times. He did a very good job with them. The Hughes job would seem like a very good opportunity

Hughes seems like a good job but IMO It's because of the program BW built there. If Hughes gives the job to the wrong guy they will fall quickly much like Withrow did. I'm really happy Princeton gave him the opportunity to prove it against the big boys. He has Dan Fleming helping at practices and offering advice as well. Princeton couldn't go wrong with BW or Kerr.

Hughes and Withrow could both be very good if they bring in a guy who knows how to build it from the ground up Withrow years ago was big time

Hughes and Withrow could both be very good if they bring in a guy who knows how to build it from the ground up Withrow years ago was big time

Correct, Withrow was big time and then they went through some bad hires and the basketball program suffered. Interestingly enough Withrow is back in the CMAC and both them and Hughes are looking for coaches. I look for Gentry from DP to take over one of those jobs and Berdo Allen from Gamble to be in the running for the other.

Well let’s see if the powers that be at both schools open up the search and look for a real top flight coach