• Colerain (10-14)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middletown (8-15)

• Lakota West (5-18)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Systematic approach and legally communicate, strong classes every year ~ :D:D:D:D:D

What world do you live in. Their great classes, continue to lose at the freshman and jv level to almost every GCL South school. If Max Land doesn't transfer in from Mason you really think this team has 1 loss? Mahaffey tranfers in from northwest, it's a joke. They cheat and every coach and player around the city knows it. I'd rather lose with the kids who enrolled than replace them with transfers to win. IT'S HS BASKETBALL

Wins and loses at the freshman and JV level mean little to nothing. This is because every school is moving around their kids to different levels based on their skill level, so two freshman teams playing each other more than likely give no indicator of the two classes as one school may have freshman on the JV or varsity and the other could have all the freshman on that team. Varsity is the only true indicator or which teams are actually better. So Moeller could lose every freshman game for 10 years straight and their varsity win state all 10 of those years as well. Freshman and JV records don't mean anything.

Wins and loses at the freshman and JV level mean little to nothing. This is because every school is moving around their kids to different levels based on their skill level, so two freshman teams playing each other more than likely give no indicator of the two classes as one school may have freshman on the JV or varsity and the other could have all the freshman on that team. Varsity is the only true indicator or which teams are actually better. So Moeller could lose every freshman game for 10 years straight and their varsity win state all 10 of those years as well. Freshman and JV records don't mean anything.

Thank you for missing the point

Thank you for missing the point
But you guys have made mine. Elder, you can do it if you want. Just have some sustained high level success and start whispering in a few ears and Cincy could have another powerhouse. Just don't call them "Leadership Scholarships". That euphemism is already being used.

Princeton's coaching job is officially open and all applications need to be in by March 31st via Scott Springer of the Enquirer

Princeton's coaching job is officially open and all applications need to be in by March 31st via Scott Springer of the Enquirer

In order of who I think they will hire:

1 - Scott Kerr (Purcell)
2 - Bryan Wyant (Hughes)
3 - Mark Mitchell (Taft)
4 - Kelvin Moss (Fenwick)
5 - OOS Candidate or something nobody expects

POY - 1. Nate Johnson LE 2. Trey Robinson Hamilton 3. Julian Mackey LW

Coach of the year - 1. Mike Price OH 2. Clint Adkins LE 3. Steve Green Princeton

Freshman of the year - 1. Deshawne Crim FF 2. Shannon Murray Colerain

Most Improved - 1. Bowen Hardman Princeton 2. Mitchell Greer Mason

GMC First team

G Deairius Randle Princeton 13.8 Pts 4.4 Ast
G Julian Mackey LW 22.2 Pts 4.7 Rebs
G Nate Johnson LE 16.7 Pts 3.8 Ast
F Mitchell Greer Mason 16.7 Pts 3.3 Rebs
F/G Trey Robinson Hamilton 19.6 Pts 6.5 Rebs

GMC 2nd team

G Zavian Ricks FF 15.1 Pts 2.2 Rebs
G Carter Combs LW 16.2 Pts 2.7 Rebs
G Kahlil Davis Princeton 13.2 Pts 3.0 Rebs
G Kelen Dietrich OH 13.2 Pts 3.2 Rebs
G/F Bowen Hardman Princeton 12.9 Pts 2.2 Rebs

Next in line - Adonis Caneris OH 13.2 Pts

These came out today. Not sure how Combs and Hardman are 2nd team?! Politics always at play in these post season awards. OH, East, Mason, Princeton all get 2 kids each.

Mason/ East bumped out Combs/ Hardman. I can see East possibly, but Mason?

See ya next year...........

These came out today. Not sure how Combs and Hardman are 2nd team?! Politics always at play in these post season awards. OH, East, Mason, Princeton all get 2 kids each.

Mason/ East bumped out Combs/ Hardman. I can see East possibly, but Mason?

See ya next year...........

Combs should be first team over Ricks IMO

Kerr still trying to get out after playing that illegal kid(wallace) in the state playoffs at PM... How he still has a job for doing something so stupid is amazing.. Especially when Coaches from the kid's old team told Kerr directly the kid played for them early in the season... I would stay away from Kerr like he contracted the Corona V....
Man that is some old stuff you are throwing out on Kerr--PM has been to a State Final 4, and if they make some 4th qtr free throws, would've beaten Deer Park and maybe been state champs 2 years ago. Everyone in the know realizes the illegal player was OK'd to play by the AD at Purcell and gave Kerr the OK to use him---certainly that PM team could've gotten to state as well.
We'll see if Kerr is even interested in Princeton--they had a bunch of talented seniors graduate, so they'll be young in 20-21!!

Man that is some old stuff you are throwing out on Kerr--PM has been to a State Final 4, and if they make some 4th qtr free throws, would've beaten Deer Park and maybe been state champs 2 years ago. Everyone in the know realizes the illegal player was OK'd to play by the AD at Purcell and gave Kerr the OK to use him---certainly that PM team could've gotten to state as well.
We'll see if Kerr is even interested in Princeton--they had a bunch of talented seniors graduate, so they'll be young in 20-21!!

Always one to bring some facts to a discussion.

Supposedly down to two for the Princeton job. Names that were mentioned earlier in the thread are the 2 finalist. Mitchel will not be the Coach.

Supposedly down to two for the Princeton job. Names that were mentioned earlier in the thread are the 2 finalist. Mitchel will not be the Coach.
Yep--heard its down to Kerr and Wyant from Hughes--both are very good coaches--tough choice and may depend on teaching openings!!

I can see Green not coming back as a teacher , he probably butt hurt for not getting a interview

In other GMC news, former Princeton guard Darweshi Hunter is transferring from Central State and the offers are pouring in. College coaches are two years late on this. In half the games playing alongside Bazley, he looked like the better player. Wright State, Drake, Cleveland State, Bryant, St. Bonaventure, Robert Morris, and Weber State have offered.

In other GMC news, former Princeton guard Darweshi Hunter is transferring from Central State and the offers are pouring in. College coaches are two years late on this. In half the games playing alongside Bazley, he looked like the better player. Wright State, Drake, Cleveland State, Bryant, St. Bonaventure, Robert Morris, and Weber State have offered.
He ran circles around Bazely and was obviously the more complete team player, offensively and defensively. His work ethic is paying off.

He ran circles around Bazely and was obviously the more complete team player, offensively and defensively. His work ethic is paying off.
It’s sad that S Wright the head coach at the time would not help out with the re
its sad that he didn’t get any looks his senior year I blame it on the school and the coach at that time , they had their heads so stuck up Bazley that nobody else cared , that team was loaded with talent that year . I know from multiple conversations with his dad that he was doing all his recruiting for him the coach wasn’t helping. I saw on his Twitter page that Wright congratulation him and said sometimes you have to take the stairs to get where your going instead of the elevator.

It’s sad that S Wright the head coach at the time would not help out with the re

its sad that he didn’t get any looks his senior year I blame it on the school and the coach at that time , they had their heads so stuck up Bazley that nobody else cared , that team was loaded with talent that year . I know from multiple conversations with his dad that he was doing all his recruiting for him the coach wasn’t helping. I saw on his Twitter page that Wright congratulation him and said sometimes you have to take the stairs to get where your going instead of the elevator.

The community should be proud of him. He is a great role model for the youngsters in the area as well.

No idea if the previous coach assisted Darweshi or not. That team was loaded. I did follow Darweshi and wasn't surprised he did well this past season. Many missed on him the 1st time.

For me, that begs the question of just how much recruitment work is the college coach responsible for vs the high school coach. It's not like Darweshi was some diamond in the rough. He played for a great public program in a big-school league alongside an NBA first rounder, played awesome in Flyin' to the Hoop, played awesome in a nationally-televised game against another All-American. How were college coaches unaware of him? It led me to probably wrongfully assume maybe his dad was a headcase that coaches didn't want to deal with.

For me, that begs the question of just how much recruitment work is the college coach responsible for vs the high school coach. It's not like Darweshi was some diamond in the rough. He played for a great public program in a big-school league alongside an NBA first rounder, played awesome in Flyin' to the Hoop, played awesome in a nationally-televised game against another All-American. How were college coaches unaware of him? It led me to probably wrongfully assume maybe his dad was a headcase that coaches didn't want to deal with.
Trust me his dad is not a head case has been thru the recruiting process himself as a football player that got a full ride at Uc back in late 80’s . He told me that Wright was only worried about Bazley and keeping him eligible so he could play right away at Syracuse. I’m shocked that Wright st or Cleveland st didn’t come calling his senior year even Miami oh would of been a nice fit , I know his dad had conversation with Croin and they want him to to prep school route his first year to put muscle on

There was a kid a few years back that the coaching staff didn’t help much either with his recruiting process

AAU is where recruiting happens. It's rare to see coaches at high school games or needing the high school coach to be active. It seems like since he wasn't recruited D1 out of high school Wright is taking the blame.

I agree that there is recruiting in AAU. However, that is mostly for D 1 kids. A great high school coach helps his players. Gets them to exposure camps and makes the effort to take them on visits. For the mid major player or the D2, D3, NAIA,or JUCO player, it is imperative that the HS coach really does his job to help his or her players get to that next level