• Colerain (10-14)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middletown (8-15)

• Lakota West (5-18)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hamilton by 9, Fairfield by 4, East by 4, Oak Hills by 24, and Princeton by 14. Wanted all 4's but couldn't make it work.

Princeton vs LW was a very good game. I was impressed with both teams offense tonight. LW came to win and Princeton held their ground

I have to admit that the this GMC basketball thread has been subpar without basketballjim this year. Is he ok

Coaching came into play tonight with the Vikes . It was like taking candy from a baby and laughing, play a match up zone and limit the fast break points will beat Princeton every night .

Coaching came into play tonight with the Vikes . It was like taking candy from a baby and laughing, play a match up zone and limit the fast break points will beat Princeton every night .

Is K. Davis hurt?
What happened to the 6'5 kid M. Thomas. He barely played this year

Davis was in street clothes, Thomas played ineffective, first quarter they ran was up 10 after that Mason slowed them and they struggled no offense no inside game and still individual ball

Coaching staff was a joke , they had a kid dancing in a chair the entire game , nothing said no discipline, took them almost 5 seconds to foul when they had to foul ,

Agreed, East definitely in the cat bird seat.

After games at Colerain, and home vs Mentor (tough game!) and at Fairfield........they do have a tough finish @ Princeton, Oak HIlls at Home, and then on the road @ West. If West plays like they have the last few games offensively anything can happen in rivalry game. I wouldn't be surprised if Princeton gets them at home and makes the last two games interesting at least.

Oak Hills has 3 offensive players....one is currently hurt. Culture keeps the train on the tracks. Team plays hard and smart. Coach Price strikes again. Go Highlanders!

vike16, as a loyal Princeton fan, do you believe their team is performing at a level even close to their ability? What I have watched is a group that plays the game in a very individual manner. So yes, 12 wins on the surface looks fine but would like you to answer my question. Always like your Viking perspective.

A lot can happen still!
East at the top, what if they lose @ Princeton and to Oak Hills or West? Does that open it up? Should it be the best player from the best team?
Most yrs it is a 1st or 2nd place team award.
Hamilton's record 7-4; tied for 3rd; does that keep Trey from winning it?

GMC has Athlete of the year and Defensive Athlete of the year.

I'm betting Nate AOY and Trey DAOY The 2 D1 athletes in the GMC so likely it is just either of them.

I'd vote Trey AOY. What he does, with that team, most of the wins on his back. He is a better scorer in my opinion also. But....likely politics Nate wins it.

Julian Mackey is the best offensive player. Leads conf 21.6/ave

Couple other great scorers Combs at West, Randle Princeton (too many mouths to feed there), Greer at Mason, and the low scoring style has just hurt the Oak Hills kids for individual stats but they win!

A lot of great players throughout the conference.

vike16, as a loyal Princeton fan, do you believe their team is performing at a level even close to their ability? What I have watched is a group that plays the game in a very individual manner. So yes, 12 wins on the surface looks fine but would like you to answer my question. Always like your Viking perspective.

I think they can and should play better. But winning 12 out of 17 games in a tough conference with some tough non-conference games is not to me a joke team. Is the coaching subpar YES. Do the Vikes play too much individual ball YES. Is the defense bad at times YES. But it can be so much worst for them and we all know it. Talent is definitely keeping them a float more than coaching

I want a coaching change myself, but Steve Green isn't making that decision so easy imho. He has coached 17 games, winning 12 of them so far. His worst loses was to a undeafeated LW team at the time on the road by 5 and to a surging Mason team on the road by 3. The other 3 loses to LE by 10, Hamilton by 3 and St. Edward by a lot on the road or neutral site are not bad loses. I agree with 22222 that Green would slow down the program's growth over time if they keep him imo. I do think if they lose to Hamilton and Lakota East, or Middletown at home and maybe lose in round 1 or get blown out in round 2, Princeton will be searching for a new coach. But still too much basketball left to judge that situation

I also think they need a new coach to keep Hardman and the other young talent at Princeton. This is just my opinion and not news lol. I just think a Moeller or other GCL schools would grab him in a heart beat if he grew frustrated with Green's style of coaching after next year. Also I would not be shocked if Steve Wright made a comeback to Sharonville, again just my opinion and not news of any sort

10 elementary feeder schools, great facilities, they have the potential to be a big time model public school program. Let’s see how things pan out.

10 elementary feeder schools, great facilities, they have the potential to be a big time model public school program. Let’s see how things pan out.
its 8 feeder school and they don’t get much participation from Evendale or Glendale where most go to private or Gcl schools

I believe Green is done , he might realize he is over his head or there will be a change made by Ad or school board . If I’m in charge the whole staff is done there is not much help . Go get D Hunter to coach , I’ve said Mitchell before but I don’t think he will leave Taft , Boardmen won’t leave I don’t think