• Colerain (10-14)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middletown (8-15)

• Lakota West (5-18)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A weird thing about Edgewood's new gym is that the visiting team locker room is above the visitor stands. Teams go up/down through the seating aisles to reach the locker room. I've been to other facilities where the locker rooms are above the playing surface(McNicholas) but not one where you interact with the fans in doing so. I wondered if any coaches have encountered an angry parent in this situation.

In looking at pics of the Middletown gym it appears almost identical to Hamilton's which I feel is the best in the area.
Yeah it is pretty crazy the visitor locker room is up through the stands. Good thing it is on the away side I guess! Haha
Yeah Middletown is similar to Hamilton but has Digital boards in all 4 corners and I just think it looks nicer in there.

Lakota West by 8 vs Sycamore
Lakota East by 11 vs Oak Hills
Hamilton by 7 vs Fairfield
Mason by 14 vs Middletown
Princeton by 20 plus vs Colerain

Have to love HS sports! Sycamore, Oak Hills, and Fairfield all get big wins! I've been picking against Sycamore all year, saw them play for the 1st time tonight. They will probably be up and down the rest of the season, but have some really good young players. Bright future for them.

Crazy night

My GMC Power Rankings(IMHO) going into Friday

1. Oak Hills(8-2)(6-0) - Beat LE at home, enough said. Big game at home against Princeton on Friday

2. Lakota East(9-2)(5-1) - Tough loss on the road, but still has a great chance to win the league

3. Hamilton(7-2)(4-2) - Ricks played lights out tonight. Hamilton needs some big win against LE on Friday

4. Princeton(6-3)(3-3) - Princeton has won 5 in a row. Friday is a must for the Vikes on the road against OH

5. Lakota West(6-4)(4-2) - Lost 2 nail bitters in a row. Mason game might be a tough one for the Firebirds

6. Mason(5-5)(3-3) - 2 blowout wins and now a big one against LW in a must win

7. Sycamore(5-6)(2-4) - Huge wins against Hamilton and LW this year. Need to be more up than down

8. Fairfield(4-7)(3-3) - Huge win over Hamilton, but Ricks needs more help

9. Middletown ...............

10. Colerain ....................... They did play Princeton tough for an half tonight

My D1 for Cincinnati Power Rankings IMHO

1. Moeller

2. LaSalle

3. Oak Hills

4. Lakota East

5. St. Xavier

6. Turpin

7. Elder

8. Princeton

9. Hamilton

10. Lakota West
-------------------------------------------

11. West Clermont

Crazy night

My GMC Power Rankings(IMHO) going into Friday

1. Oak Hills(8-2)(6-0) - Beat LE at home, enough said. Big game at home against Princeton on Friday

2. Lakota East(9-2)(5-1) - Tough loss on the road, but still has a great chance to win the league

3. Hamilton(7-2)(4-2) - Ricks played lights out tonight. Hamilton needs some big win against LE on Friday

4. Princeton(6-3)(3-3) - Princeton has won 5 in a row. Friday is a must for the Vikes on the road against OH

5. Lakota West(6-4)(4-2) - Lost 2 nail bitters in a row. Mason game might be a tough one for the Firebirds

6. Mason(5-5)(3-3) - 2 blowout wins and now a big one against LW in a must win

7. Sycamore(5-6)(2-4) - Huge wins against Hamilton and LW this year. Need to be more up than down

8. Fairfield(4-7)(3-3) - Huge win over Hamilton, but Ricks needs more help

9. Middletown ...............

10. Colerain ....................... They did play Princeton tough for an half tonight

Wild results last night!

one of the East starters Kaden was out with an ankle day to day and did not play last night. He has been out early in season coming off another injury, came back a few games but then injured Jan 3rd. I think they need his shooting if they plan to win the conference. Princeton, Hamilton, Mason could give them some losses?? West might be interesting!

Fairfield lives and dies with Zavion.

Hamilton, losses to Sycamore and Fairfield?! Be interested to see them in person I think they need someone to help..

West has the duo of Mackey/Combs but can a 3rd person step up and score and can they get some stops. Losses are to undefeated Lasalle, one loss Turpin, 1st place Oak hills at buzzer, and OT on road Sycamore. I think they can make some noise but middle of the pack finish? Maybe a dangerous tourney team?

Oak Hills plays Princeton, @ Mason, Hamilton, then Elder, @ Lasalle coming up! They do have only Princeton and Mason once this season. A return visit to East, @ Fairfield, @ Hamilton and West rematch. I see at least 2/3 losses in conf!

Princeton will be back in the mix but the early conference start really put their back against the wall with 3 losses. They can't lose more than 1 time?! @ OH, West Home, @ Mason, Hamilton Home, Sycamore and East Home. Friday is big!! Maybe they can run the table??

I think could be a year where the conference champ has 3 losses. This year is going to be some battles!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wild results last night!

one of the East starters Kaden was out with an ankle day to day and did not play last night. He has been out early in season coming off another injury, came back a few games but then injured Jan 3rd. I think they need his shooting if they plan to win the conference. Princeton, Hamilton, Mason could give them some losses?? West might be interesting!

Fairfield lives and dies with Zavion.

Hamilton, losses to Sycamore and Fairfield?! Be interested to see them in person I think they need someone to help..

West has the duo of Mackey/Combs but can a 3rd person step up and score and can they get some stops. Losses are to undefeated Lasalle, one loss Turpin, 1st place Oak hills at buzzer, and OT on road Sycamore. I think they can make some noise but middle of the pack finish? Maybe a dangerous tourney team?

Oak Hills plays Princeton, @ Mason, Hamilton, then Elder, @ Lasalle coming up! They do have only Princeton and Mason once this season. A return visit to East, @ Fairfield, @ Hamilton and West rematch. I see at least 2/3 losses in conf!

Princeton will be back in the mix but the early conference start really put their back against the wall with 3 losses. They can't lose more than 1 time?! @ OH, West Home, @ Mason, Hamilton Home, Sycamore and East Home. Friday is big!! Maybe they can run the table??

I think could be a year where the conference champ has 3 losses. This year is going to be some battles!
Yep--how about Oak Hills beating East last night and not having injured starter Ramstetter 6'4 junior averaging 11.0 ppg and 2nd in the GMC rebounding at 6.9 a game and a 91.9% FT%--both teams played minus a starter, so that was a wash---final 10 games of the GMC league season are gonna be a grind for sure!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My D1 for Cincinnati Power Rankings IMHO

1. Moeller

2. LaSalle

3. Oak Hills

4. Lakota East

5. St. Xavier

6. Turpin

7. Elder

8. Princeton

9. Hamilton

10. Lakota West
-------------------------------------------

11. West Clermont

Not to nitpick, just curious, why do you have Hamilton ranked higher than Princeton in the GMC rating, but Princeton ranked higher than Hamilton in the DI Cincy rankings?

Yep--how about Oak Hills beating East last night and not having injured starter Ramstetter 6'4 junior averaging 11.0 ppg and 2nd in the GMC rebounding at 6.9 a game and a 91.9% FT%--both teams played minus a starter, so that was a wash---final 10 games of the GMC league season are gonna be a grind for sure!!

it defintely was a good win, i just don't think East can replace Kaden, he needs to get back for them to win the conference. I did read that about Ramstetter, out for the year? that stinks! I guess he got hurt in the West game only played 13 min and rest of the season average 27 ish minutes.

Not to nitpick, just curious, why do you have Hamilton ranked higher than Princeton in the GMC rating, but Princeton ranked higher than Hamilton in the DI Cincy rankings?

My bad it's weird. Princeton has a 5 game winning streak, but LW 2 game losing streak and Hamilton losing to Sycamore but both have a better conference record

I'm torn between these teams, but I think Princeton is a little better. Hamilton has played really good and one dimensional this year. Hamilton won the first match up at home by 2 points, but two bad losses to @Sycamore and to Fairfield at home. Also barely beat a 2 win Middletown team. Princeton lost to three top 10 teams in the area in LE, Hamilton, and LW all on the road in competitive games. Lakota West just lost 2 in a row, and now has 4 losses

Last edited:
If I have to give Oak Hills credit their student section is devoted travels well during big games they are going to be probably more students than parents on that tiny visitor seating against la salle on the 25th dont you agree

A weird thing about Edgewood's new gym is that the visiting team locker room is above the visitor stands. Teams go up/down through the seating aisles to reach the locker room. I've been to other facilities where the locker rooms are above the playing surface(McNicholas) but not one where you interact with the fans in doing so. I wondered if any coaches have encountered an angry parent in this situation.

In looking at pics of the Middletown gym it appears almost identical to Hamilton's which I feel is the best in the area.

It's much better than Hamilton's gym. More seating, better lighting, Led scoreboards in all 4 corners, and better entrances. With that said, Hamilton's gym is already excellent with everything I listed, Middletown is just better.

East leads for the first time all game with 2:30 left in the game and are able to hold on in a grind em out slugfest 34-32 over Hamilton.

My GMC Power Rankings going into Tuesday

1. Oak Hills - Still beat Lakota East and only 1 loss in conference by 1 point

2. Lakota East - Struggled and still beat Hamilton. But needs to play better than the last 2 games

3. Princeton - On a 6 game winning streak and hottest team right now. Need to make sure they win Tuesday and Friday before Belmont, St. Edward, and Springfield

4. Hamilton - Tough loss against LE and played well defensively. Still in good shape

5. Mason - Playing a lot better right now. Still a well coached team that can compete

6. Lakota West - Having some issues right now. Not out of it yet, but getting close

7. Fairfield

8. Middletown

9. Sycamore

10. Colerain

Princeton vs St. Edward

If Princeton can beat St. Edward which right now I think is unlikely, but would be the biggest win out of SWO this year so far imho. St. Edward beat St. Vincent St. Mary convincingly who beat SWO #1 Moeller. I will admit I didn't like how Princeton finished against Oak Hills, and mental and poor defense allowed OH back in that game. But hey I think this is a down year in the whole state in D1. Anybody can be beat

Princeton vs St. Edward

If Princeton can beat St. Edward which right now I think is unlikely, but would be the biggest win out of SWO this year so far imho. St. Edward beat St. Vincent St. Mary convincingly who beat SWO #1 Moeller. I will admit I didn't like how Princeton finished against Oak Hills, and mental and poor defense allowed OH back in that game. But hey I think this is a down year in the whole state in D1. Anybody can be beat

It would be nice to plant a seed in the north’s mind. Then, East has Mentor coming to to town on 2/1.

My GMC Power Rankings going into Tuesday

1. Oak Hills - Still beat Lakota East and only 1 loss in conference by 1 point

2. Lakota East - Struggled and still beat Hamilton. But needs to play better than the last 2 games

3. Princeton - On a 6 game winning streak and hottest team right now. Need to make sure they win Tuesday and Friday before Belmont, St. Edward, and Springfield

4. Hamilton - Tough loss against LE and played well defensively. Still in good shape

5. Mason - Playing a lot better right now. Still a well coached team that can compete

6. Lakota West - Having some issues right now. Not out of it yet, but getting close

7. Fairfield

8. Middletown

9. Sycamore

10. Colerain

Interesting tidbit masons 2 pt win over west and the ot loss to springboro for west, west played without the leading gmc scorer Mackey. They have a tough week ahead but those games changed the look! Mackey returns tues.

All the conference games are battles that seem to come down to coaching as well!

Saw East early and thought they were the class of the league. Doesn't appear to be the case. Oak Hills has been the most consistent team.
Tonight: Middies by 11 in a terrible game, Middies coach is a no show as he's watching DPL for talent, Hills over Comets by 7, shot clock thread is boosted and GMC record set for completed passes, Princeton by 16, GMC record for dribbling is set by Vikings, Hawks beat Aves by "I have no idea" and the game of the night the Big Blue beats the Fireballs by 2.