Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middletown (8-15)

• Lakota West (5-18)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LAKOTA WEST'S JULIAN MACKEY

Go to swohiosportsdaily.com for Rick Cassano's profile of Lakota West senior guard Julian Mackey

Annual subscription is 16 cents a day
Monthly subscription is 33 cents a day

Princeton 68
Hamilton 71
Final

Princeton will finish 3rd or 4th in the league. This game smelled bad coaching for the Vikes. Princeton has very little leadership right now, and are horrible on defense. Coach Wright leaving was the x factor obviously. Hopefully they hire a real basketball coach next year to coach Hardman in his junior year

Princeton 68
Hamilton 71
Final

Princeton will finish 3rd or 4th in the league. This game smelled bad coaching for the Vikes. Princeton has very little leadership right now, and are horrible on defense. Coach Wright leaving was the x factor obviously. Hopefully they hire a real basketball coach next year to coach Hardman in his junior year
TOLD YEAH

I just want to say this is not bashing Steve Green. It's not his fault or anybody fault. Steve Wright took a better opportunity at a bad time for Princeton. Can't blame anyone imho
Well I agree , but they could of went with a better choice , this guy resumes includes being a 3 seat coach and cheerleading the bench players , this hire will set the program back 3-5 years mark my words

Hamilton bounces back, Princeton will be the team capable of, but won't win anything. The timing was bad to replace the past coach but think they could have at least opened it made the guy earn it to some degree. Instead they gave it to him with an interim tag, not good.

Hamilton bounces back, Princeton will be the team capable of, but won't win anything. The timing was bad to replace the past coach but think they could have at least opened it made the guy earn it to some degree. Instead they gave it to him with an interim tag, not good.
I agree , they should of really looked at a coach that was coaching freshman football, the current coach will kill this program

If Colerain doesn't beat Talawanda or NW 0-23 looms.

I believe they have Ross on the schedule as well… Not a gimme but a game they could win.

I suppose football just absorbs so many resources, including players, that the basketball program will never stand a chance of being competitive?

Two interesting non league games. Lancers visit West and battle of the Hills. Contrasting styles in the Hills.

Good game at West until LaSalle takes the 4th qtr. Haven't given Oak Hills much credit at all, but after beating Sycamore Friday they will be 4-0 in the league and 5-1 overall. Then the schedule gets a bit more challenging.

Good game at West until LaSalle takes the 4th qtr. Haven't given Oak Hills much credit at all, but after beating Sycamore Friday they will be 4-0 in the league and 5-1 overall. Then the schedule gets a bit more challenging.

This game was a 1 point difference with 3 1/2 minutes to go but turnovers, missed shots, rebounds was the difference as Lasalle pulled away. West two losses are to two undefeated teams they will get better. Lasalle played well as a team and made the plays when it counted.

I believe they have Ross on the schedule as well… Not a gimme but a game they could win.

I suppose football just absorbs so many resources, including players, that the basketball program will never stand a chance of being competitive?

Colerain has no chance to beat Ross. They were down 19-0 last night against Northwest before they scored about halfway through the second quarter. I am actually surprised they beat Talawanda.

Colerain is right there with Middletown and Hamilton in terms of overall athletic program, poor. Colerain came into the GMC with Oak Hills. The comparison of Colerain basketball and OH football is decent. Because of sheer numbers it can be not as challenging to put together a competitive basketball team as compared to a football team. Colerain has had some good tournament success in basketball in the past 10 years. I don't think any conference would take Colerain due to football strength and poor overall athletics. My take on OH has always been from a viewpoint that it would benefit the students. If they joined the 7 school SWOC they would be at the top in most or all sports and their football team would have hope.

Middletown basketball... historically they have had some great basketball players, and some great football players playing basketball, and had lots of postseason success. It doesnt seem like too long ago they played Fairfield for a regional final. It does though seem like not long ago keeps growing from just a few seasons ago to closer to a decade. What has happened to a once dominant team that was capable of beating anyone? Do they just not have tall enough guys to compete, or no interest in playing for the school, or do their best players to go prep schools instead now? It just seems like basketball, needing 8 or so good players, that they would bounce back soon, having been in the bottom half.of the league now for maybe 5? years.

Middletown basketball... historically they have had some great basketball players, and some great football players playing basketball, and had lots of postseason success. It doesnt seem like too long ago they played Fairfield for a regional final. It does though seem like not long ago keeps growing from just a few seasons ago to closer to a decade. What has happened to a once dominant team that was capable of beating anyone? Do they just not have tall enough guys to compete, or no interest in playing for the school, or do their best players to go prep schools instead now? It just seems like basketball, needing 8 or so good players, that they would bounce back soon, having been in the bottom half.of the league now for maybe 5? years.

Mindset, starting with the 5-6 year olds.

Last edited:

That year that they played Fairfield in the tournament was the last year that I watched a great game at Wade E: Middletown vs Fairfield. One heck of a game, in every aspect.

For it to turn around at Middletown it is going to take the administration to make a commitment to find and hire a top flight coach who wants to build a real program that can achieve consistent success. No politics involved. But someone who has a passion and knowledge of the game. The Middies have one of the finest facilities I the-state and several feeder schools so the potential is there to have an outstanding program

My understanding is the current coach spent his first three years attempting to bring players to Middletown. They would play games in the summer with players who weren't students at MHS. Not sure if he's developing the Middletown talent.