Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middletown (8-15)

• Lakota West (5-18)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vike16

We are right around the corner from the 19-20 season. Looks like Lakota East and Princeton might be the front runners, but can't count out Mason, Hamilton and Oak Hills. I think Lakota West might be a big surprise this year in the GMC. Will Colerain and Sycamore be any better or stay at the bottom. Can Middletown and Fairfield surprise some people

Let's get the talking

No disrespect to bcounty1954 and his GMC thread. Just wanted to start one with a poll:D

This is returning Varsity starters/contributors and points averaged in 2018-19.......Practice begins this Friday 11/1--don't know transfers until rosters come out:

Princeton 53.9 (New Coach)--Randle 12.8, Davis 11.4, Thomas 6.5, Hardman 5.9, Crawford 5.8, Berkhalter 5.3, Johnson 4.3, Thomas 3.9

Lakota West 38.7--Combs 13.8, Turner 8.8, Anafuro 8.3, Weber 5.9, Walters 1.9

Hamilton 28.5--Reid 5.1, Burnett 4.9, Jackson 2.1, Walton 2.1, Diablo 1.7, Lewis 1.0

Mason 21.5--Cooper 8.0, Greer 6.9, Smith 5.5, Dardis 1.1

Lakota East 19.6--Fuhrman 7.7, Mangold 7.4, Johnson 4.5

Fairfield 19.5 (New Coach)--Ricks 13.0, Simpkins 3.6, Singer 1.5, Smith 1.4

Sycamore 18.1--O. Wittenbaum 6.5, Kramer 4.4, Fehr 4.0, Grandison 2.1, Williams 1.1

Middletown 17.6--Thompson 8.8, Mumford 6.4, Jackson 2.4

Oak Hills 17.1--Dietrich 9.4, Brandt 4.6, Caneris 3.1

Colerain 2.2 (New Coach)--Sinclair 2.2

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched a little of the Princeton vs Woodward scrimmage. Both teams are very athletic and a lot of play makers. Not a lot of structural basketball in this scrimmage and a lot of 1 on 1 basketball. Princeton will be top 3 in D1 in the region, and definitely top 3 in D2 for Woodward

I think it comes down to East and Princeton for the title this season. Mason, Oak Hills and Hamilton will be in the next tier. After that???

My preseason Power Rankings

1. Lakota East - Experience, size, well coached

2. Princeton - Everybody is back, athletic, questions about the coach

3. Mason - Well coached, some size, pretty good shooting

4. Lakota West - Has 2 scoring threats, who else will step up

5. Hamilton - Can they find some help. I didn't see it at the scrimmage

6. Oak Hills - Well coached, most likely team to move up my rankings

7. Fairfield - Has some pretty good guard play, nothing else to talk about

8. Middletown - Athletic, question about the coach, and talent

9. Colerain - Football school

10. Sycamore - Just lacks talent, usually good coaching

Middletown - question about their coach? Didnt he win D2 state titles before? I dont really follow basketball like i do football so just curious, or maybe they changed coaches and I didnt hear about it?

My preseason Power Rankings

1. Lakota East - Experience, size, well coached

2. Princeton - Everybody is back, athletic, questions about the coach

3. Mason - Well coached, some size, pretty good shooting

4. Lakota West - Has 2 scoring threats, who else will step up

5. Hamilton - Can they find some help. I didn't see it at the scrimmage

6. Oak Hills - Well coached, most likely team to move up my rankings

7. Fairfield - Has some pretty good guard play, nothing else to talk about

8. Middletown - Athletic, question about the coach, and talent

9. Colerain - Football school

10. Sycamore - Just lacks talent, usually good coaching
How was the coaching for the Vikes, it’s sad the school didn’t go get a real coach. I think this is a critical year for Vikes

Middletown - question about their coach? Didnt he win D2 state titles before? I dont really follow basketball like i do football so just curious, or maybe they changed coaches and I didnt hear about it?

He missed a coaches meeting for seeding because he was in traffic and they had to play Moeller because he was late. Unacceptable for a coach

Plus Middletown has been mediocre since he has been there. He isn't a bad coach, but there has to be improvement this year imho

How was the coaching for the Vikes, it’s sad the school didn’t go get a real coach. I think this is a critical year for Vikes

Only time will tell about Green as coach. It was too late for them to go and search for a coach when Wright left. But Green is walking into a very good situation with this team. They should finish 1 or 2 in the GMC and win at least 2 tournament games. We will see

Only time will tell about Green as coach. It was too late for them to go and search for a coach when Wright left. But Green is walking into a very good situation with this team. They should finish 1 or 2 in the GMC and win at least 2 tournament games. We will see
I agree on season, not sold on green, I still think you could ask Dwayne Hunter and he would take it ,

I agree on season, not sold on green, I still think you could ask Dwayne Hunter and he would take it ,

Green is more of let's see what he can do with a good team interm coach. Hunter would be a great hire, but I like how they played against 2 really good teams in Lima, and Woodward in scrimmages. I really liked what Steve Wright was doing at Princeton and he pushed for Green. So I would like to see what he can do this year

Green is more of let's see what he can do with a good team interm coach. Hunter would be a great hire, but I like how they played against 2 really good teams in Lima, and Woodward in scrimmages. I really liked what Steve Wright was doing at Princeton and he pushed for Green. So I would like to see what he can do this year
I’ll take your word , I know I questioned the A.d and all he kept saying was Green was just intirm

East played very unselfish. After they got adjusted to handling Taft’s quickness and athleticism they ran their half court sets very well.Great ball movement. When they got the ball in the low post to number 11 and 25 Taft had no answer. Yes Johnson is legit. Skilled and under control.Also the little guard number 1 is a great on the ball defender. Also the other guard number 24 helped with the ball handling as well

Carmel Indiana--61
Mason--56

Indiana defending state champs just a bit too much for the Comets---Carmel locks it up late at the foul line!!

East’s coach might be the best in the city- his players are disciplined and handle pressure well. They should roll deep this year again.

Princeton holds on to beat X 70-68. Following the pbp on the X site, this looked like a classic, truly awesome high school game. Hope some video surfaces on twitter or YouTube.

The East coach is definitely at the top. They have a great roster and I see them winning the league. There's a long way to go and a lot of basketball to be played.

Power:
East, Princeton, Mason, Hamilton, West, Fairfield, Middletown, Oak Hills, Sycamore, Colerain.
Can someone provide insight on Oak Hills, Fairfield, and Middletown.

Power:
East, Princeton, Mason, Hamilton, West, Fairfield, Middletown, Oak Hills, Sycamore, Colerain.

Sycamore must be pretty bad. They lost to Milford by double digits. Milford lost to Goshen the other night.

Power:

Fairfield is still unknown, because we don't know how good Springboro is yet. But they have great guard play. Middletown and Oak Hills haven't played yet. Sycamore might be the worst team in the league easy

Princeton had leads of 15 twice early in a 70-68 win over St. Xavier. I was impressed with the Vikings defense and worried at times. St. Xavier could be really well coached. They started out with a lot of turnovers and then played mistake free basketball most of the game. Princeton did have the talent gap in this great game

This week schedule

Tuesday 12/03/19

St. Xavier(0-1) @ Lakota East(1-0)
Lakota West @ Turpin(2-0)
Mason(0-1) @ Kings
Fairfield(0-1) @ Northwest(0-1)
Middletown @ Fairmont

Friday 12/06/19

Hamilton(1-0) @ Mason
Sycamore(0-1) @ Fairfield
Lakota West @ Colerain
Princeton(1-0) @ Lakota East