• Middletown (8-15)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lakota West (5-18)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vike16

Power:
East, Princeton, Mason, Hamilton, West, Fairfield, Middletown, Oak Hills, Sycamore, Colerain.
Can someone provide insight on Oak Hills, Fairfield, and Middletown.
Fairfield is still unknown, because we don't know how good Springboro is yet. But they have great guard play. Middletown and Oak Hills haven't played yet. Sycamore might be the worst team in the league easy

Vike16

Princeton had leads of 15 twice early in a 70-68 win over St. Xavier. I was impressed with the Vikings defense and worried at times. St. Xavier could be really well coached. They started out with a lot of turnovers and then played mistake free basketball most of the game. Princeton did have the talent gap in this great game

Vike16

This week schedule

Tuesday 12/03/19

St. Xavier(0-1) @ Lakota East(1-0)
Lakota West @ Turpin(2-0)
Mason(0-1) @ Kings
Fairfield(0-1) @ Northwest(0-1)
Middletown @ Fairmont

Friday 12/06/19

Hamilton(1-0) @ Mason
Sycamore(0-1) @ Fairfield
Lakota West @ Colerain
Princeton(1-0) @ Lakota East
Oak Hills @ Middletown

Vike16

Tuesday 12/03/19

St. Xavier(0-1) @ Lakota East(1-0) - LE should win by 10 or more, but St. X can shoot the 3pt
Lakota West @ Turpin(2-0) - Turpin wins in a slow down game by 5 or more
Mason(0-1)
@ Kings - Mason get's the win, but I know nothing about Kings
Fairfield(0-1) @ Northwest(0-1) - FF wins big by 15 or more
Middletown @ Fairmont - I will go with Fairmont by 10 or more

Friday 12/06/19

Hamilton(1-0) @ Mason - Is it time Hamilton to the upper part of the GMC. Big Blue by 5 or more
Sycamore(0-1) @ Fairfield - Sycamore is just bad this year. FF wins big by 20 or more
Lakota West @ Colerain - LW wins big by 15 or more
Princeton(1-0) @ Lakota East - LE wins a close one by 5 or more. True test for both teams
Oak Hills @ Middletown - OH wins by 10 or more

Carl Rick

East over X by 6, interesting match up, X will place more value in this one than East. Will X press East?
Turpin over West by 7, Turpin has two games already which is an advantage plus at home. Very curious about West this year and potential improvement.
Mason over Kings by 17, Mason played well in game #1. I don't think Kings is very good.
Fairfield over NW by 11, NW lost the Mahaffey kid, both teams 0-1, isn't the word that FF new coach wants to play fast?
Fairmont over Middies by 7, I want to pick the Middies but in three years of this coach I've seen nothing that indicates the program is improving.

cincyhoops

East over X by 6, interesting match up, X will place more value in this one than East. Will X press East?
Turpin over West by 7, Turpin has two games already which is an advantage plus at home. Very curious about West this year and potential improvement.
Mason over Kings by 17, Mason played well in game #1. I don't think Kings is very good.
Fairfield over NW by 11, NW lost the Mahaffey kid, both teams 0-1, isn't the word that FF new coach wants to play fast?
Fairmont over Middies by 7, I want to pick the Middies but in three years of this coach I've seen nothing that indicates the program is improving.
FF should win big tonight. NW is without 3 key players. 2 out with injuries and 1 got called for a flagrant foul trying to stop a Robinson dunk attempt on Friday at Hamilton. Was kind of a bogus ejection but kid has to sit 2 games regardless I believe.

Why would X place more value on this one than East???

Carl Rick

Why would X place more value on this one than East???
An important game for both, was just saying X with their 1st yr. coach taking over a team that hasn't had a significant win in many years would be a good start to his tenure. Not minimizing the importance of the game for East, they will prepare for all of their games at a high level.

Vike16

Hamilton at Mason will be a true test for Hamilton. Is it all Robinson or does he have help

Princeton at Lakota East will be 1 and 2 in the GMC. Who will get the upper hand first. You would think LE at home in a close one

Vike16

Princeton 22
Lakota East 27 Half

Nate Johnson with 20 pts at half. Might be the best all around scorer that the GMC has seen in a while

Carl Rick

Some early season results. East early win over Princeton gives obvious early advantage. This will be a two team race to win it. Hamilton beating Mason at Mason is significant. Puts the Big Blue in 3rd of GMC power rankings.

CometCountry

Griffin Classic at NKU on Saturday:

Oak Hill Academy--50
Covington Catholic (KY)--38

Cincinnati Oak Hills--34
Legacy Charter (SC)--44
Final

Huntington Prep--54
Elder--42

All 3 games went about the same way--locals played tough through 3 qtrs and then came up short--reminded me of the old Blue Chip Classic at Riverfront Coliseum years ago--local teams vs. national powers!!

Last edited:

Carl Rick

Tuesday: Blue beat Aviators 51-36, T-Hawks beat Comets 52-37, Highlanders beat Cardinals 53-38, Vikings beat T-Birds 71-57, and in the toss up game Indians beat Middies 56-51. Don't know much about the Indians or Middies.