Gmc 2006-2007

WHODEY85123

Now that last years outstanding class from the GMC is out, who do you think will win the GMC this year, and who are the better players in the league?

Fairfield did not win the gmc last year, they were actually not very good at all, because they lost their star player a year before that, and i do not see them contending this year either, they have one good player in chase however he is overrated

fhsmvball07 said:
Fairfield will win the GMC like last year. ON good nights and on bad nights its hard to score on our defense.
Yeah your defense must be amazing. Just for the record, how far did you advance in the state tournament again?

My bad peope i thought this was the boys soccer forum i had accidently clicked on the boys volleyball. I am really sorry.

But I think Lakota East will win the GMC this season in volleyball. Doug Spotts is going to lead that team to another good season

Doug Spotts is the only memorable player from that team but they had an good JV team that will be help him at the varsity level.

Last edited:
their jv team was not that great, and especially at volleyball, JV isn't even in the same township as varsity:wallbang:

definitely agree with who dey in both points..there are a lot of good players in the gmc, but they arent on the same teams. doug spotts, the ugly middle from sycamore, chase fields too.

WHODEY85123 said:
their jv team was not that great, and especially at volleyball, JV isn't even in the same township as varsity:wallbang:

They weren't great yes. But that why there are these things called camps. Camps like Ohio State and Penn State that turn good JV players into good or even freat Varsity players. I'm sure they will be ready to play varsity.

fhms get real thats stupid. going to camp is a good experience, but it doesnt make up for playing varsity time. sure you play non-stop, but when those kids dress varsity, its a completely different game. I went to camp this year too. big deal

I think the GMC is going to be like it is every year with the same teams competing for the title and maybe some sleepers this year now that mason is in there too they might stir things up if they have moved confrences by the spring.

mason won't contend, their volleyball team isn't very good and I don't think they will be in the GMC until next year anyways.

Middletown was surprising last year, and this year they have 4 returning starters, but the key will be whether they can replace their 2nd team GMC setter and whether they can get another outside hitter. Their dominant player will be Mark Hiteshew, who was hidden very well last year, and was not set as much on the outside because of the right/left handed twins, dennis and donald ullery. it should be interesting to see if lakota east can replace most of their team, but if they have good defense, and can get a lot of sets to spotts, they have a good chance of winning the conference again

mcnick will have a lot of seniors with talent. also purcell returns imo some of the best blockers in the gcl in the habel twins

Lakota East will be good just because of Spotts, Sycamore because of Marquardt, and Fairfield because of Chase. Whoevers setter can get them the ball the most efficiently will probably win the GMC. Which of these teams has the best setter?

I know that sycamore and lakota east lost their setters from last year so they will be trying to develop a new setter, syacmores JV setter came in against lakota east last year and did pretty well while he was playing. I dont have information on fairfields setter, but i think it will be a close race any way you look at it.

yellowblood said:
i believe the only joke present in this forum might be you

i second that i hate how people judge the sport and then when they are all "i can do that" and we let them, they back off like no thats cool when they see how hard we kill the ball.

UCcatguy52 said:
i second that i hate how people judge the sport and then when they are all "i can do that" and we let them, they back off like no thats cool when they see how hard we kill the ball.

they say no thats cool because they dont want to look like an idiot ;)

sorry ill leave you alone now...
i never said "i can do that," im just sayin i dont want to even been seen doing it...

see ya :D

FIRST:
your name is fresh lime - how much of a dbag can you get without even saying anything??
SECOND:
whats the point of coming onto a volleyball forum and telling everyone that you wouldnt want to be seen playing volleyball? did you accomplish something or were you just born without any friends?

yellowblood said:
FIRST:
your name is fresh lime - how much of a dbag can you get without even saying anything??
SECOND:
whats the point of coming onto a volleyball forum and telling everyone that you wouldnt want to be seen playing volleyball? did you accomplish something or were you just born without any friends?

burn