• Sycamore (8-16)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middletown (7-16)

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Colerain (1-22)

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is this a once in every twenty years class or is Ross building something with football and basketball?

Not sure about basketball, but football definitely. A lot of families moving from the Colerain area up 27 to Ross. You can see it in the shrinking size and depth at Colerain. I think every starting OL at Ross this year was bigger than every single starter at Colerain (minus Corleone who was playing both ways by the end of the year). A lot of blame for Colerain''s offensive struggles were due to the absolutely small and undermanned OL. Hard to establish any offense when you simply can't block anyone upfront. The Ross staff also features several former Cardinal players.

Is this a once in every twenty years class or is Ross building something with football and basketball?
Not sure about basketball, but Ross loses A LOT from the football team. Think they only have a handful of guys coming back on either side of the ball. I know they had 9 seniors starting on offense, which was by far their strength. Unless, they are able to pull a complete reload over a rebuild, I'm not sure they'll come close to the success they had this season. I have heard a lot of good things about the 6'9" kid though, still pretty surprised they pulled off the win against East. Has to be one of the biggest wins in school history.

Don't think that is as big an upset as some think. Ross is good and has a 6'8-6'9 kid that can play. East is not as good as last year.
This is the smallest East team I've ever seen. They only have 2 kids over 6'3 and those two barely play, if at all. I said to my buddy just a few days ago that I see them being as an early exit in the tournament this year. He told me we'd have to see how they can handle teams with height. Guess we got our first glimpse.

Hamilton at Mason is postponed on Tuesday per Mike Dyer---Mason at Sycamore on Friday was already postponed due to Sycamore shutting down activities. Oak Hills at Middletown on Tuesday was postponed 2 weeks ago when the Middies shut down activities. All schedules should be done in pencil this winter.

Didn't feel like starting a new thread and most of the knowledgeable Cincy folks are in this thread.
Cincy Top 10:

1 - Moe
2 - Elder
3 - East
4 - Princeton
5 - X
6 - Mason
7 - LaSalle
8 - Walnut
9 - Oak Hills
10 - Turpin/Middletown/Fairfield

As of 12/14 - Updated Version...

1- Moe - Lost to Indiana Lawrence North in OT they are ranked 1 in Indiana.
2 - Elder
3 - Princeton
4 - X
5 - East - Uneasy about this ranking but they beat Mason.
6 - Mason - I want to move them up, but where?
7 - Walnut - They are good and only going to get better.
8 - West High - Only loss to Mason coming off a 2 week quarantine and 1 practice. Beat Taft Friday.
9 - LaSalle
10 - Oak Hills

2 - Elder
3 - Princeton
4 - X
8 - West High - Only loss to Mason coming off a 2 week quarantine and 1 practice. Beat Taft Friday.
9 - LaSalle
10 - Oak Hills

Moeller was also without their starting PG Saturday night. The game still would have been close, but losing your PG did not help them.

Not sure about basketball, but Ross loses A LOT from the football team. Think they only have a handful of guys coming back on either side of the ball. I know they had 9 seniors starting on offense, which was by far their strength. Unless, they are able to pull a complete reload over a rebuild, I'm not sure they'll come close to the success they had this season. I have heard a lot of good things about the 6'9" kid though, still pretty surprised they pulled off the win against East. Has to be one of the biggest wins in school history.
Thank you.

Not sure about basketball, but football definitely. A lot of families moving from the Colerain area up 27 to Ross. You can see it in the shrinking size and depth at Colerain. I think every starting OL at Ross this year was bigger than every single starter at Colerain (minus Corleone who was playing both ways by the end of the year). A lot of blame for Colerain''s offensive struggles were due to the absolutely small and undermanned OL. Hard to establish any offense when you simply can't block anyone upfront. The Ross staff also features several former Cardinal players.
Interesting. Thank you.

If you saw the Ross-East game, the Ross big kid didn't do a whole lot though he is a presence. Ross guards were equal to East in most capacities. Regarding East size I thought Nate Johnson was 6'3 or so.

This is the smallest East team I've ever seen. They only have 2 kids over 6'3 and those two barely play, if at all. I said to my buddy just a few days ago that I see them being as an early exit in the tournament this year. He told me we'd have to see how they can handle teams with height. Guess we got our first glimpse.

No one in the GMC really has size. Hamilton has a seven footer that doesn't rebound or block as many shots as you might think. Sycamore's two 6'7'' guys are rail thin and more wings than posts. Oak Hills 6'7'' guy comes off the bench. The GMC rosters are like ten LaSalles.

I watched East play twice this year. They will rely on Nate Johnson heavily, and he has to be more aggressive on offense. He shot 6 out of 7 with 13 points against Ross, and did not go to the free throw line. Not a bad stat line, but he needs to be more aggressive on offense. East is a well coached team, that has a lack of height this year. I will still take them to win the GMC, but it's going to be a close race between East, Mason, Princeton, and Oak Hills

I believe East is still the team to beat if they can escape this pandemic they've had a bunch of guys out here and there, I like Mason too, they look solid.

This pandemic really has hit teams and I commend all of them for just playing, I honestly believe we should just sit back and appreciate these kids playing and these coaches being able to deal with the stuff they're dealing with (game changes, cancelations, avoiding the virus, quarantined players, etc.). We can't gage this season with any true lense, look around us teams aren't practicing for weeks and then going to play a full Varsity game with or without a full team. Just appreciate these kids playing.

I believe East is still the team to beat if they can escape this pandemic they've had a bunch of guys out here and there, I like Mason too, they look solid.

This pandemic really has hit teams and I commend all of them for just playing, I honestly believe we should just sit back and appreciate these kids playing and these coaches being able to deal with the stuff they're dealing with (game changes, cancelations, avoiding the virus, quarantined players, etc.). We can't gage this season with any true lense, look around us teams aren't practicing for weeks and then going to play a full Varsity game with or without a full team. Just appreciate these kids playing.

Good luck seeding teams at the end of the season...

Eye test GMC top ten right now

1. East
2. Princeton
3. Mason
4. Lakota West
5. Oak Hills
6. Fairfield
7. Sycamore
8. Hamilton
9. Middletown- Only played 1 game

10. Colerain

Eye test GMC top ten right now

1. East
2. Princeton
3. Mason
4. Lakota West
5. Oak Hills
6. Fairfield
7. Sycamore
8. Hamilton
9. Middletown- Only played 1 game

10. Colerain

FF knocks off OH last night 50 - 46. Middies play at West tonight so that should tell us more.

Middletown's first game in 17 days... probably will be ugly for the Middies.
They hung in with West but ultimately West prevails 75-65. Middletown was just 3-18 from 3 while West shot 64 percent from the field with Dudukovich leading the way with 23. West has a very good sophomore class. Middletown was able to force some turnovers but couldn’t not convert enough of them into points on the offensive end.

They hung in with West but ultimately West prevails 75-65. Middletown was just 3-18 from 3 while West shot 64 percent from the field with Dudukovich leading the way with 23. West has a very good sophomore class. Middletown was able to force some turnovers but couldn’t not convert enough of them into points on the offensive end.

I feel that East, Princeton, Mason are top 3 in the GMC. Not saying there is a huge gap between the top 3 and everyone else. It's a toss up between Lakota West, Oak Hills, Sycamore, Fairfield, and even Middletown. I think Hamilton is a competitive #9 right now. Colerain is just not good

Just my opinion

I feel that East, Princeton, Mason are top 3 in the GMC. Not saying there is a huge gap between the top 3 and everyone else. It's a toss up between Lakota West, Oak Hills, Sycamore, Fairfield, and even Middletown. I think Hamilton is a competitive #9 right now. Colerain is just not good

Just my opinion
I think with all the disruptions and inconsistencies for all schools this year it's almost impossible to really know how good or bad anyone is.

Elder 71 West 58. I think West has solidified themselves as #4 in GMC. If they get hot shooting the ball they can be a dangerous team come tourney time.

2 - Elder
3 - Princeton
4 - X
9 - LaSalle
10 - Oak Hills

12/21 Updated Version...

1- Moe
2 - Elder
3 - Princeton
4 - X
5 - East
6 - Mason
7 - Walnut
8 - Lakota West
9 - LaSalle
10 - West High

West high @ Lakota West tonight..

Interesting games tomorrow:
LaSalle @ Oak Hills
West High @ Walnut
Turpin @ McNick

12/21 Updated Version...

1- Moe
2 - Elder
3 - Princeton
4 - X
5 - East
6 - Mason
7 - Walnut
8 - Lakota West
9 - LaSalle
10 - West High

West high @ Lakota West tonight..

Interesting games tomorrow:
LaSalle @ Oak Hills
West High @ Walnut
Turpin @ McNick

12/29 Version:

1 - Moe
2 - Elder
3 - X
4 - East
5 - Mason
6 - Princeton
7 - Walnut
8 - West
9 - West high
10 - LaSalle

West Hi gave Elder a good game tonight. Pulled within 3 or 4 in the 4th quarter. They could surprise some teams in the tourney.

Princeton opens a can on Winton Woods, winning by 35, but what a weird box score. 12/29 from 3 (good!), 25 assists on 32 made shots (good!), 19 offensive boards (good!), 65 attempts vs 37 by WW (good!), but 24 fouls and 18 turnovers (weird!), 27 turnovers for WW (Jesus!)