Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middletown (7-16)

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Colerain (1-22)

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Didn't they just play Princeton???

new coach who isn’t part of the old guard who can’t stand moeller and their success. Oak hill is about the only other school who would schedule moeller. It’s pretty obvious the entire GMC is jealous. Just look at city votes in past years. Moeller was clearly number one but you’d have 4-5 votes to GMC teams

new coach who isn’t part of the old guard who can’t stand moeller and their success. Oak hill is about the only other school who would schedule moeller. It’s pretty obvious the entire GMC is jealous. Just look at city votes in past years. Moeller was clearly number one but you’d have 4-5 votes to GMC teams

East, Princeton, Colerain, Oak Hills have all played Moeller in the last year or two. Sycamore had Moeller on the schedule this year in the event at Middletown that got canceled. That’s half the GMC. Do you want every team in the GMC to schedule Moeller?

Why doesn’t Moeller play in the Flyin to the Hoop?

Why would this be a game of interest for the GMC in Dec???? Elder v Sycamore would probably be more of a game of interest ... With how Covid is moving with game cancelations I could see Elder playing a couple more GMC teams this year before a Moeller would .. Moeller schedule has a national schedule feel to it ... if you're talking State tournament I think it's way too early to be thinking about that so many things can happen between now and March

Game of interest because Moeller just played Princeton in a very competitive game. SVSM is the D2 state title favorite and Moeller beat them. I think it verifies Princeton is in the mix as top teams in the city. Sorry if it ruffled your feathers.

Didn't feel like starting a new thread and most of the knowledgeable Cincy folks are in this thread.
Cincy Top 10:

1 - Moe
2 - Elder
3 - East
4 - Princeton
5 - X
6 - Mason
7 - LaSalle
8 - Walnut
9 - Oak Hills
10 - Turpin/Middletown/Fairfield

Didn't feel like starting a new thread and most of the knowledgeable Cincy folks are in this thread.
Cincy Top 10:

1 - Moe
2 - Elder
3 - East
4 - Princeton
5 - X
6 - Mason
7 - LaSalle
8 - Walnut
9 - Oak Hills
10 - Turpin/Middletown/Fairfield

I believe Princeton plays St. X this Saturday at X

Princeton in quarantine.
Heard that as well--likely have to re-schedule the next 5 games. 10-14 days in quarantine and then begin practice again--and hope someone else doesn't test positive and then it all starts again. Little Miami and Anderson postponed last Friday due to covid as well. See who has to postpone multiple games between those two schools. The post-Thanksgiving spike is going to be tough on winter sports.

Heard that as well--likely have to re-schedule the next 5 games. 10-14 days in quarantine and then begin practice again--and hope someone else doesn't test positive and then it all starts again. Little Miami and Anderson postponed last Friday due to covid as well. See who has to postpone multiple games between those two schools. The post-Thanksgiving spike is going to be tough on winter sports.

Yes it's true, at least they rescheduled the LW, and LE games

Hamilton blown out on Friday and Saturday this weekend. Mason proves worthy of my #6 ranking losing in OT to East last night. My spidy senses are telling me Princeton may be top dog in GMC this year, It really stinks Covid hit their program. Oak Hills by only 11 over Colerain was surprising again for me. West High blew the doors off Colerain on Saturday.

Nice article about Coach Wyant and his daughter having heart surgery in Cincinnati.com. Sorry but I can't post the link for some reason.

Last edited:
Looks like Sycamore has joined Middletown and Princeton with a shut down of boys basketball for 14 days:

12/11, 12/15, 12/18 all PPD on GMC website.

----covid issues likely for that long of a period!!

Looks like Sycamore has joined Middletown and Princeton with a shut down of boys basketball for 14 days:

12/11, 12/15, 12/18 all PPD on GMC website.

----covid issues likely for that long of a period!!

I'm guessing there will be 3 or 4 more teams in the GMC shutting down in the next couple of weeks. There will be a lot of makeup games in January and February

Hamilton blown out on Friday and Saturday this weekend. Mason proves worthy of my #6 ranking losing in OT to East last night. My spidy senses are telling me Princeton may be top dog in GMC this year, It really stinks Covid hit their program. Oak Hills by only 11 over Colerain was surprising again for me. West High blew the doors off Colerain on Saturday.

I think LE will have some battles with Mason, Princeton, and Oak Hills for the top spot this year. Should be very competitive at the top of the GMC this year. I don't know what to expect from Middletown who played tough against a very good St. X team

I'm guessing there will be 3 or 4 more teams in the GMC shutting down in the next couple of weeks. There will be a lot of makeup games in January and February
Conditions aren’t going to be any better in January or February. After the holidays and weeks of everyone staying indoors it will probably be worse.

Conditions aren’t going to be any better in January or February. After the holidays and weeks of everyone staying indoors it will probably be worse.
well if the kids r getting over the covid sniffles/flu now, then they will be immune to it for at least 3 months, so a lot of basketball can be played.

Is there a better coach around sw ohio than Greg Richards. Dude gets it done year after year, never a big name.

Agree... but Mason should be one of the best teams in SW Ohio year in and year out. One of the biggest schools in the state, great facilities, money in the community to support athletics. Mason should be good in all sports every year.

Cincyhoops-agreed but the majority of the GMC has the same benefits as well as most of the GWOC. It just seems like he gets more done with less. not a lot of big names playing for the Comets over the years. Just a fan and I don't even know the man.

I’m high on Elder too and think they can beat Moe this year, but I don’t think Elder is the overall better team. They could beat them on a given night, but Moe has the better squad.

Does Elders depth make up for Moeller D1 talent? No. But honestly they only have to beat them once, and that’s in the tournament.
"D1 talent" is what it just is, "D1 talent", chemistry and coaching are among two of the qualities that it takes to cultivate it. Doesn't guarantee anything!

"D1 talent" is what it just is, "D1 talent", chemistry and coaching are among two of the qualities that it takes to cultivate it. Doesn't guarantee anything!

No disagreement on my end. It only takes one game. Ross beat Lakota East last night.

No disagreement on my end. It only takes one game. Ross beat Lakota East last night.
An upset yes but not a major one. Ross would be in the top 3 or 4 in the GMC. They totally devoured Mount Healthy the previous night who Hamilton barely beat. Thought East would win but not surprised it was competitive and close.

An upset yes but not a major one. Ross would be in the top 3 or 4 in the GMC. They totally devoured Mount Healthy the previous night who Hamilton barely beat. Thought East would win but not surprised it was competitive and close.
Is this a once in every twenty years class or is Ross building something with football and basketball?

Is this a once in every twenty years class or is Ross building something with football and basketball?

I think Ross is greatly improving in basketball. With that being said, they aren't going to have a 6'9 kid very often. He is a game changer for them.