Glenville

You don't do anyone any favors by throwing them into a situation for which they are not prepared. A big point of emphasis at Massillon is academics; this is why they have mandatory study halls, and why they lead the McKinley parade with a placard touting the team GPA. It ain't so at other schools. Which is to say, getting into college isn't what matters; getting out with a degree is. And when you don't have the academic foundation (i.e. all you have is an athletic resume), those odds are considerably longer.

Absolutely. Another thing I give Moore ALOT of credit for. Others in the past have too but he walks the walk more than any since I’ve been following us. Back then we didn’t even want long term guys who were fully invested, so naturally they weren’t.

Absolutely. Another thing I give Moore ALOT of credit for. Others in the past have too but he walks the walk more than any since I’ve been following us. Back then we didn’t even want long term guys who were fully invested, so naturally they weren’t.
Let’s be fair. There hasn’t been a coach that was fully invested in the past 50 years like Moore has. Moore was fully invested straight out of the box.
His success also has tamed the coach rotation.

To bring the talk back to the topic of Glenville, congrats to the Track & Field team on their D2 Perry District Championship yesterday.
They beat a strong Perry team by 13.5 points to claim the title. They did quite well in the sprint events winning the 4x100 relay, 4x400 relay, 100M, and Long Jump. Glenville also came in 2nd in the 4x200 relay and 400M and 3rd in the 100M and 400M.

Glenville definitely isn't a one trick pony and easily extended their dominance on the football field to the track (and field events) also.

Last edited:
To bring the talk back to the topic of Glenville, congrats to the Track & Field team on their D2 Perry District Championship yesterday.
They beat a strong Perry team by 13.5 points to claim the title. They did quite well in the sprint events winning the 4x100 relay, 4x400 relay, 100M, and Long Jump. Glenville also came in 2nd in the 4x200 relay and 400M and 3rd in the 100M and 400M.

Glenville definitely isn't a one trick pony and easily extended their dominance on the football field to the track (and field events) also.
Thank you! We also qualified for regionals in the 4x800 and the kid that won the LJ is a Freshmen.

Gotcha. Appreciate that. D1/2 in Austintown is going to be awesome.
My nephew runs the 100, 200 and anchors the 4x100 for Glen Oak. He ran his PR in the hundred yesterday, 10.65, but came in second. He won the 200 and the 4x1, though. He's something of a late bloomer, he just started running last year. I never knew the kid could run, he always wanted to play basketball.

"Crawford invited four eighth graders to his inaugural showcase, and all four of them happen to be headed to Glenville." 😉

Crittendon is up next. Size and speed. Pittsburgh knows something lol
London, the long jumper and sprinter is right there with Crittendon and both 2027s 😳😳😳. The kids have to perform and prove it but our 2026-28s are LOADED top to bottom, skill and bigs both sides of the ball. They have to keep working but the potential is there.

London, the long jumper and sprinter is right there with Crittendon and both 2027s 😳😳😳. The kids have to perform and prove it but our 2026-28s are LOADED top to bottom, skill and bigs both sides of the ball. They have to keep working but the potential is there.
Loaded...Season cant come soon enough

Glenville High appears to be on track to become an all-girls school very soon, with only 11 boys (36 girls) graduating in the class of 2024. The D3/D4 high school has graduated roughly 75 male students in the last four years. Everything is normal 😎

Glenville and collinwood should merge, problem is both have history and want to be the one that stays. Taking care of two huge buildings like those ,with that few of students doesn’t make much sense. Don’t want teachers staff lose jobs. But stop hiring and dwindle it down. And choose a school to remain. Whoever is more central. Ginn academy would still remain. And maybe Glenville would move up a division. Just my thoughts

Glenville and collinwood should merge, problem is both have history and want to be the one that stays. Taking care of two huge buildings like those ,with that few of students doesn’t make much sense. Don’t want teachers staff lose jobs. But stop hiring and dwindle it down. And choose a school to remain. Whoever is more central. Ginn academy would still remain. And maybe Glenville would move up a division. Just my thoughts
Literally the best idea I’ve read on here re: Glenville. And you’re 100% correct why it won’t happen.

There are at least two too many CMSD high schools between Collinwood and Glenville and then East Tech/Cleveland East.

Posting that they only had eleven kids graduate has nothing to do with hatred, old man. Over the last 3 years, GAoF has added more transfers than Glenville High had grads. Questioning something that has never been done before is not hatred, Grandpa.

Favorite quote from a Stuebenville fan that pm me after last years state championship while rack was still in hiding after the Alter debacle: I talk to Reno atleast once a week and what these fools don't know is he and Coach Ginn are great friends. Ginn is sending players to college and they are staying there. It's way bigger than football.

Wait a second Journey aint Reno your/Dovers daddy too? Listen to your father. Its past my old bedtime though.

A couple Glenville C/O 2027 kids preformed well at the Next Gen Showcase hosted this past sunday, 2 way player Deanthony crittenden was really a top performer on both sides of the ball from the couple games I was able to watch. I saw a couple other players but no names stand out. Is Garry Pritchett a Tarblooder? If so, I was impressed with him.