Glenville at SVSM (WEEK 1) WHO WINS THIS THURSDAY NIGHT SHOWDOWN

Tarblooders held the Irish to 73 yards of offense?

I can’t believe The Beacon didn’t have a reporter there, but here you go…

I thought for sure I saw Michael Beaven of the Beacon on the STV sideline. Maybe just not in a rush to get it online.

So a bit of second guessing here. Should the Irish have gone for the FG in the second quarter when they had the ball at the twenty? Or was it too long? They have a good kicker in Bertolini. It really was their only scoring opportunity that I remember.

1. They were not "garbage." They were struggling. These are student-athletes who are giving their all for their team. They make mistakes. But I guarantee they're a heck of a lot better than you are because you didn't even play.

2. I don't care what your background is. You're an arrogant a**hole regardless. Yes, Mentor has the series lead. Credit to them. But don't act like Glenville wasn't giving them the business there for a while.

3. Mentor has over 2000 kids in its school year after year. Don't give me this "private school unfair advantage" crap. Over 100 kids on varsity football and you can't beat Eds? Says more about your program than it does them. Real disadvantages are things like infant mortality rate, unemployment rate, out-of-wedlock births, percentage of students receiving a Free or Reduced Price Lunch, and lack of investment. It's definitely not "closed-enrollment suburban school district cant beat the private schools." Get a damn grip.

4. I'm just calling you out on your crap. You can't attack kids and not expect to be responded to. And I will keep talking, just not to you. Good bye
I mean I can kick an extra point into the back of a blocking line like it's a kickball on the ground too. That isn't tough to do ....

How was Glenville giving Mentor the business when Mentor won every playoff game andi think are 7-4 overall. They definitely won earlier but most beat us those two years and on before 2002...

And I like how you are concentrating on one aspect I put down , but ignore all the positives. You clearly have a chip on your shoulder.

Btw, I was cheering for Glenville and went to see them. I have zero reason to be bitter towards glenville. And just to crush your little narrative further...my father went to Collinwood. Was at a lot more dangerous places before that too , but it wasn't great then either.

Why would you list numbers including girls ? Shows you have an agenda. Mentor has beaten Eds plenty but Eds has a competitive balance number of 500 something to Mentors zero. I mean come on. They get kids 40 miles away to play sports. It's a huge advantage and two playing fields.

Iggy and X types have hundreds more boys than us AND that huge reach too. Pretty obvious why 5 private schools in D1 win this much. Won 10 of the last 12 titles

I mean you are TRYING to call me out but you are responding with a lot of wrong info and just outing yourself further as a woke idiot. You have zero idea what my family went through so enough with the blind labeling acting like we were spoiled and rich throughout. My father's side has gone through way more than these current kids in America. You have no idea.

Last edited:
So a bit of second guessing here. Should the Irish have gone for the FG in the second quarter when they had the ball at the twenty? Or was it too long? They have a good kicker in Bertolini. It really was their only scoring opportunity that I remember.
It honestly wouldn't matter much. Glenville was just way better. Big threat to win d4. Athletes all over , big lines, can run great, hard hitting defense and QB can throw decent. Just gotta clean up penalties and extra points

Please take the p!$$!ng contest to the debate board.
Talk to him. He's the one who felt the need to cry over verbiage and start stuff. I was talking about what I saw in person at the game and tried to move on multiple times now.

First time at St V stadium and thought it was unique and cool. Having downtown Akron on one side and train tracks with a train even rolling through was an experience. Great crowd too

Last edited:
Glenville kicking game is garbage but the rest of the team looks great.
I was at the game as well and agree, really need to work on their kicking game. The rest of the team looked good. The most impressive thing I saw though was on the opening kickoff of the second half that was returned for a TD but got called back. The Glenville returner was already out in front with the defense in close pursuit when all of a sudden well behind the play there was this player (Witten the Glenville TE) just flying by everyone and quickly caught up to the returner and got between the returner and chasing defenders. The play had everyone around me in the stands talking about it for the next several minutes.

I was at the game as well and agree, really need to work on their kicking game. The rest of the team looked good. The most impressive thing I saw though was on the opening kickoff of the second half that was returned for a TD but got called back. The Glenville returner was already out in front with the defense in close pursuit when all of a sudden well behind the play there was this player (Witten the Glenville TE) just flying by everyone and quickly caught up to the returner and got between the returner and chasing defenders. The play had everyone around me in the stands talking about it for the next several minutes.
Yep. Glenville at their prime in D1 had many teams with great athletes but this one is one of the better I've seen in the recent years. They can contend in d4 for sure as long as they don't make too many stupid mistakes and improve some little things like extra points

They had a couple of bad turnovers yesterday too, but that can be corrected as the year goes on