Glen Oak

It is extremely sad that people always seek a loop hole. What happened to some hometown pride? Maybe these millionaires in the NBA are negatively influencing sports everywhere. These clowns jump from team to team seeking championships so I guess high school athletes should do the same. It is just sad! As for the OHSAA changing the rule, if they do they need to change it so the parent(majority of the problems)/player cannot get away with just jumping ship when the times are tough or they seek championships. If the times are the that tough, MOVE!

From The Repository: Glen Oak thrives after the transfers, court case:

The pre-printed T-shirt read “Sweet 16” on one side and “Still cuttin’ down nets” on the other, a not-so-subtle reminder that the team with no returning starters was still alive when seemingly everyone left them for dead.

“It’s storybook for us,” GlenOak coach Paul Wackerly said after a thoroughly convincing, and thoroughly satisfying, 63-38 victory over Hoover in Friday’s Division I district final at Perry High School. “I can’t be happier.

“Ain’t nobody thought we were going to do this. They never gave us anything, but we did. We believed it.”

Then they did it.

"The same is true of GlenOak, which graduated one starter from last year’s state semifinal team, lost three to transfer (while accusing Wackerly of bullying tactics) and another to injury (junior Aniyah Hall, who tore her ACL in December). The seniors who stayed — senoir Mackenzie Green, Lemire and Kamryn Vance — kept things together and Wackerly again worked his tournament magic.

“We took the high road,” Wackerly said of the accusations. “We never said anything. We never gave our side of the story. The kids stayed with it and I told them that stuff stays in the locker room. “I’m kind of old school. I think it pays off for kids to do that kind of stuff.”

Only 16 Division I teams will still be practicing next week. Hard to believe GlenOak is one of them.

“Words can’t describe this feeling,” Green said. “It’s the best feeling in the world. With everything we’ve been through — Coach Wack, the coaching staff, the parents, us — we deserve this moment.”

I have no dog in the fight but Wackerly clearly has done a hell of a job with this team this year. Also - major props to the players for having the maturity to play ball - with everything else going on.

You clearly have ZERO knowledge of the situation and you make yourself look foolish calling high school girls clowns. Move along....

I am worried that you did not comprehend what was stated. The word clown was referring to the professional athletes of the world, not high school players. Just wanted to clear that up for you.

Wackerly record speaks for itself ... the teaching is hard, direct, difficult and harsh but for those who learn from the experience, work at improving, grow in maturity the rewards are life beneficial. GO has always been Home Grown, transfers has always been a issue somethings it works and other times it does not....

Wack is not innocent through all this, trust me. He is a winning coach but that doesn't always mean you're a great coach.

Wack is not innocent through all this, trust me. He is a winning coach but that doesn't always mean you're a great coach.
Bass10-Please elaborate on what he is so guilty of. Apparently you haven’t been watching GO’s season this year, or you can’t comprehend what great coaches do. What he has done is unprecedented. Take five players who never started a game in their lives and has them on the brink of a return trip to the state finals!! And coaching up two sophomores into key roles, and they handled their positions better than the upperclassmen who were here a year ago. Your statement is mind boggling to say the least, but haters gonna hate. He deserves the state D1 coach of the year this year more than last year. Geesh....

This is not only Paul's greatest coaching achievement, but might be the greatest in memory of any high school coach, boys or girls. To be one win away from a return to the Final Four with five new starters -- one being a major project on the fly -- is extraordinary. To do so given the adversity he and the program has endured, is unimaginable. The word resilience is being personified by his team, while the word loyal is being demonstrated by his administration.

This is not only Paul's greatest coaching achievement, but might be the greatest in memory of any high school coach, boys or girls. To be one win away from a return to the Final Four with five new starters -- one being a major project on the fly -- is extraordinary. To do so given the adversity he and the program has endured, is unimaginable. The word resilience is being personified by his team, while the word loyal is being demonstrated by his administration.
ESPN 990-
Truth!! Well spoken.

Simple, would you want your son playing for coach K or Bobby Knight? Both coaches can win and work magic ?

Simple, would you want your son playing for coach K or Bobby Knight? Both coaches can win and work magic ?
Your quote was “Wack is not innocent through all this, trust me”. Your implying he is guilty of something. Can you elaborate on that?? I would let my kid play for either. Can’t really compare that though because at the college level a parent with a personal agenda bears no weight if he all of a sudden decides he doesn’t like the coach and a witch-hunt ensues.

Your quote was “Wack is not innocent through all this, trust me”. Your implying he is guilty of something. Can you elaborate on that?? I would let my kid play for either. Can’t really compare that though because at the college level a parent with a personal agenda bears no weight if he all of a sudden decides he doesn’t like the coach and a witch-hunt ensues.
Bullying tactics! Anyway if you had to choose one coach which one and why? And yes one parent I'd buy into it but 3, come on man, you can't be that stupid.

Bullying tactics! Anyway if you had to choose one coach which one and why? And yes one parent I'd buy into it but 3, come on man, you can't be that stupid.
Apparently you have no knowledge of the situation. It was ONE parents personal agenda and he got the other TWO families to follow him like the lost sheep they were, so no I am not that stupid. As far as what describes bullying tactics, 99.9% of every high school varsity coach would be guilty of cussing. As I stated I would let my kid play for either. Both proven winners with different coaching philosophies.

Well up for parent of the year if you'd just as soon have your son play for a complete jack arse as opposed to a class act coach, gotcha! BTW, your a very good friend or family member to sign up and defend Wack. He would be proud of you.

Well up for parent of the year if you'd just as soon have your son play for a complete jack arse as opposed to a class act coach, gotcha! BTW, your a very good friend or family member to sign up and defend Wack. He would be proud of you.
Not a family member-sorry. But apparently you are a good friend or family member of one or all of the three blind mice. Absolutely signed up to defend Paul as perjury was being committed by the three young ladies at the hearing under oath and everybody else spreading lies from those three camps. Talk about parents of the year! Let a parent personal agenda affect the outcomes of three young ladies high school basketball careers, and the move backfired. That guy is a winner!!! Moving on...I’ll leave tix at the window for Fridays final.

Not a family member-sorry. But apparently you are a good friend or family member of one or all of the three blind mice. Absolutely signed up to defend Paul as perjury was being committed by the three young ladies at the hearing under oath and everybody else spreading lies from those three camps. Talk about parents of the year! Let a parent personal agenda affect the outcomes of three young ladies high school basketball careers, and the move backfired. That guy is a winner!!! Moving on...I’ll leave tix at the window for Fridays final.
So you signed up and came on here to defend your friend with your mind already made up so keep typing against all the haters and people making stuff up. As for the tickets your bragging about, why yes since he's made it far he can't possibly be guilty of anything, smh.

So you signed up and came on here to defend your friend with your mind already made up so keep typing against all the haters and people making stuff up. As for the tickets your bragging about, why yes since he's made it far he can't possibly be guilty of anything, smh.
Dear Lord the guy is guilty of lots of things. Some that come to mind is he’s guilty of being a very good coach, a program builder, a disciplinarian (which most kids need nowadays cause parents dont do it at home), tough, holds kids accountable (which most kids need nowadays along with a select few parents), teacher of the game, hardworking (guarantee he puts in more hours than most anyone), strong advocate to get kids that are talented enough and want to play at college level in college, and I could go on and on. As far as the tickets, there is no bragging. Dont know where you even get that. Just offering so you can come see for free what a great job this highly and unfairly scrutinized coach has done this year. The tickets will be at the window under “Hater”. Game at 7:30pm. Now I’m truly moving on from this convo...

Hard to believe with everything that went on this year GlenOak is heading back to Columbus..Congrats!!