Glen Oak

The OHSAA ruled they didn't meet any of the transfer requirement exemptions, according to the Canton Rep article. For the OHSAA to say they didn't meet the transfer requirements there must have really been nothing to the story.

MCGal

The independent lawyers who looked at it thought very differently Doc... and this is far from over from what was said in the article. The OHSAA knows that this would open a pandora's box of 'my coach is "abusive"' transfer requests so the fact they denied it initially isn't surprising.

CityLife

The independent lawyers who looked at it thought very differently Doc... and this is far from over from what was said in the article. The OHSAA knows that this would open a pandora's box of 'my coach is "abusive"' transfer requests so the fact they denied it initially isn't surprising.
I think OHSAA will overturn after the appeal. Let the kids play!!!

Has anyone heard anything? I'm guessing if the parents have even the slightest case the courts will over turn it. The parents case would have to be pretty bad not to be overturned, because the OHSAA never seems to win in court. Good Luck All

MCGal

The OHSAA appeal was denied but that was expected. I'd imagine there will be actual court action/legal action next.

Crazy parents just getting worse. I will admit I'm bias, I'm married to a teacher. The stories my wife tells me about parents makes me shake my head. Now parents are wasting courts time and tax payer money.

MCGal

While there are crazy parents out there, let's stop acting like the blame falls entirely on them every time. I know Hoover people will support Paul in every case, but a third party analysis of this situation found he/his staff were out of line multiple times. It's a sad situation all around.

It is a sad situation. And after talking to some STA people it's not a good situation for them either. Many of their sports with influx of students who didn't go to Catholic elementary. I'm not talking just about girls basketball. I didn't realize how many new student Athletes STA got in all their sports. Some of the families who have gone there for a while aren't happy. But that happens everywhere. Good Luck All

MCGal

Why is going to a Catholic elementary a requirement to attend a Catholic HS? How ridiculous of a statement. FIrst, the schools have been struggling to keep up #'s, so any influx helps keep the doors open. Second, a big part of these schools' mission is to help students achieve academic, personal, and spiritual growth that they wouldn't otherwise. This isn't about sports, it's about helping kids who will do better in the environment at these schools versus their home district.