Girls State Team Spreadsheet

Pioneer Invitational at Olentangy Orange - January 4th
Ron Alexander Memorial at Lutheran West - January 18th
OHSWCA Girls State - February 22-23

Feel free to add others that I may not be aware of.

Female Wrestling Invitational at Ridgedale - January 11th
Bellefontaine Tournament - February 1st

Last edited:
I originally put 1-2 for Mogadore, just got confirmation that we will have 2. I wasn’t sure if the one 8th grader from last year was coming out again as a freshman, but she is apparently so we will have 2.
Coach we have a 7th grade 175. She looks to have some very good potential, if the basketball coaches don't steal her lol, can we get her out the to work out over xmas break?

Coach we have a 7th grade 175. She looks to have some very good potential, if the basketball coaches don't steal her lol, can we get her out the to work out over xmas break?

We have 4 girls all together (2 HS, 2 JH) and the biggest of the 4 is about 120.

If she came out she would be working with our boys that are that size.

We do have 1 JH boy that is a little bigger and one that is a few smaller than her.

Let me know if that helps you out at all.

Just found out our league tournament is the Friday Saturday of the same weekend as the girls state which is Saturday/Sunday.

Both of our HS girls will be wrestling varsity and can’t miss our league tournament. It is unfortunate.

We have 4 girls all together (2 HS, 2 JH) and the biggest of the 4 is about 120.

If she came out she would be working with our boys that are that size.

We do have 1 JH boy that is a little bigger and one that is a few smaller than her.

Let me know if that helps you out at all.
Good deal.. thanks coach.

A bunch of teams still not certified and there are 430 girls rostered in the state (up from 219 last year). The final number should be around 500. Imagine the jump if OHSAA sanctioned it?

A bunch of teams still not certified and there are 430 girls rostered in the state (up from 219 last year). The final number should be around 500. Imagine the jump if OHSAA sanctioned it?
Mogadore hasn’t certified, they will have 2. They will not certify for another week or 2.

Regarding girls weight classes, OHSAA's Tyler Brooks recommended that all-girls matches should use the OHSWCA Girls State Tournament weights. I know we will use these at all our home meets.

Here they are: 101, 106, 111, 116, 121, 126, 131, 137, 143, 150, 160, 170, 189, 235

His primary idea was "do what grows that side of the sport best"...If we get girls wrestling in these weights in girls duals, tourneys, etc, then there is some seedable info AND consistency with OHSWCA state tournament. Mr. Brooks said they would examine weight classes in the spring.

With that, I think it falls on schools and tournaments to add the +2 allowance from December 25th onward, right? I spoke with Dom Disabato (running girls state) and he will likely do +2 for Saturday weigh in and +3 for Sunday weigh in.

It's all new this year....thoughts?

I agree that girls only events should try to stick to the state weights. The growth allowance also makes sense if we are going to be consistent with the boys side.

Lady Chieftain Wrestling Invitational

When
: February 1, 2020.
Weigh-ins begin: 7:30 AM **If arriving late, let me know and you can weigh-in upon arrival.
Wrestling starts: 9:00 AM
Where: Bellefontaine HS- 555 East Lake Avenue, Bellefontaine, OH 43311
Entry Fee: $20 per entrant with cap of $140 per school. Make checks to: "Bellefontaine Girls Wrestling"
Awards: Medal / T-shirt to champion, medals 2-4th place.
BHS Phone: (937) 593-0545
BHS Wrestling Coach e-mail: hiattb@bcs-k12.org Mobile Phone (text only please): 937-935-0104
Girls’ Teams Entered: Will update on Yappi.com as we get commitments.

Format: Tournament will be run through trackwrestling. Each weight class’s set up will be determined by the number of entrants per weight class.
* We will accept more than one entrant per school per weight class.
** If there are more than 16 in a weight class, we will get any above that number as many matches as possible (or we can bump a weight class).

Please email Coach Hiatt with approximate number of girls your team is bringing and we’ll get an email invite to enter your girls onto track wrestling asap. Also – if any of your girls are “seedable” please let me know as well so we can do our best to separate them until potentially the finals.

We anticipate the tournament being completed around 2PM with a hard “end time” at 4 due to a girl’s basketball game that night. We will have three mats set-up but anticipate using 2 for most of the day.

We will be using these weight classes (+2 pounds growth allowance): Here they are: 101, 106, 111, 116, 121, 126, 131, 137, 143, 150, 160, 170, 189, 235

Last edited:
Regarding girls weight classes, OHSAA's Tyler Brooks recommended that all-girls matches should use the OHSWCA Girls State Tournament weights. I know we will use these at all our home meets.

Here they are: 101, 106, 111, 116, 121, 126, 131, 137, 143, 150, 160, 170, 189, 235

His primary idea was "do what grows that side of the sport best"...If we get girls wrestling in these weights in girls duals, tourneys, etc, then there is some seedable info AND consistency with OHSWCA state tournament. Mr. Brooks said they would examine weight classes in the spring.

With that, I think it falls on schools and tournaments to add the +2 allowance from December 25th onward, right? I spoke with Dom Disabato (running girls state) and he will likely do +2 for Saturday weigh in and +3 for Sunday weigh in.

It's all new this year....thoughts?

I know we talked about this but posting for all to see: With this (state tournament) being a new event and one that there is no qualifying tournaments for, to keep integrity of the tournament and in-line with how a "normal" state series is run, every coach should be able to provide (or even has to submit with their entries) a weigh-in sheet where they athlete made "scratch" weight in order to get the additional pounds.

Thoughts?