"Ghost Runner"

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Can MLB choose a different name for the runner at second in extra innings? It is the exact opposite of the true meaning of the term for those of us that grew up playing backyard baseball.

A ghost runner is an "invisible" runner that takes place of a runner who is up to bat in a backyard game due to too few players.

Can MLB choose a different name for the runner at second in extra innings? It is the exact opposite of the true meaning of the term for those of us that grew up playing backyard baseball.

A ghost runner is an "invisible" runner that takes place of a runner who is up to bat in a backyard game due to too few players.
File a lawsuit on behalf of the ghost community. It is derogatory to all ghosts who crowded the bases back in the day when we were kids.

Last Batted Out, not Ghost Runner. Manfred is an idiot he probably came up with the Ghost Runner since he clueless about the actual Game of Baseball!

How about "Unearned Runner" since the team did nothing to earn the guy in scoring position, and the runner does not impact the pitchers ERA.

Are they doing away with the added baserunner in extra innings next season? I thought it was just temporary because of the covid shortened season and lack of pitching depth.

Are they doing away with the added baserunner in extra innings next season? I thought it was just temporary because of the covid shortened season and lack of pitching depth.
I’m not sure. Hopefully they keep it for the regular season. Nobody wants their pitching staff decimated by an unending game, and no one wants to sit through a marathon regular season game.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …