General NFL Chat

Just a guess. Most of the medical speculation says "Commotio cordis", which is a blow to the chest in a very precise spot at a very precise nano-second in the heart's rhythm.

The way Hamlin reacted makes me think it was something else, something that might end his NFL career if word gets out. Perhaps it is something hereditary. Just a guess.
Two guesses, it's something that would automatically exclude him from playing again, or it's covid related and he's got an exclusive rights to someone for a movie payday.

Why do the Browns have better odds than the Steelers to win the 2024 SB? Don’t get me wrong neither team will be there but it seems like the Browns are overrated every preseason.

Why do the Browns have better odds than the Steelers to win the 2024 SB? Don’t get me wrong neither team will be there but it seems like the Browns are overrated every preseason.
QB, plain and simple. I assume odds makers figure Watson was shaking off the rust of not playing for 2 years and will return to his Texans playing ways. We’ll see.

If Browns fans and other gamblers are going to plunk down enough money on shorter odds, why give them longer odds?

If Browns fans and other gamblers are going to plunk down enough money on shorter odds, why give them longer odds?
Bingo.

Lots of people think Vegas sets odds based on "who is better". That is true to a certain extent, but they really focus on how they can make the most money and get the most action.

Racists continue to try to defend the Ravens not paying their black QB his money

I'm sorry, that's just BS. There's nothing in this article to support your ridiculous claim. And there's absolutely no way the Ravens aren't paying him just because he happens to be a black QB. Very, very bad take here.

I'm sorry, that's just BS. There's nothing in this article to support your ridiculous claim. And there's absolutely no way the Ravens aren't paying him just because he happens to be a black QB. Very, very bad take here.
The article itself is all the proof anyone needs. Deadspin is a website that has a history of not supporting black athletes. It really goes without saying what is going on here...

Lamar deserves guaranteed money plain and simple and we all know the reason the Ravens aren't doing it

The article itself is all the proof anyone needs. Deadspin is a website that has a history of not supporting black athletes. It really goes without saying what is going on here...

Lamar deserves guaranteed money plain and simple and we all know the reason the Ravens aren't doing it

Nice woke take by OhioBobcatfan, its always easier to say pay the guy when it’s not your $$$. No way I’d want guarantee Jackson’s entire contract. A running qb who hasn’t been able to stay health the last two seasons. It is a color thing but it’s not black or white, it’s green as in $$$.

Because he's a running QB who gets hurt a lot?

Nice woke take by OhioBobcatfan, its always easier to say pay the guy when it’s not your $$$. No way I’d want guarantee Jackson’s entire contract. A running qb who hasn’t been able to stay health the last two seasons. It is a color thing but it’s not black or white, it’s green as in $$$.
When the Ravens drafted him my son told me they should run him till the end of his rookie deal then part ways. It's stupid to pay QB money to a RB.

When the Ravens drafted him my son told me they should run him till the end of his rookie deal then part ways. It's stupid to pay QB money to a RB.

Use the high ankle injury that KC Patrick Mahomes had this post season. Despite being physically limited, Mahomes was able to perform at a high level because he is a passing qb who also happens to have athleticism & is able to scramble, escape & extend the play. Burrow, Herbert, Lawrence are all similar in this regard. Bal qb Jackson is a run first qb. If Jackson’s mobility is compromised, he can not only pass his team to victory.

Last edited:
Use the high ankle injury that KC Patrick Mahomes had this post season. Despite being physically limited, Mahomes was able to perform at a high level because he is a passing qb who also happens to have athleticism & is able to scramble, escape the play & extend the play. Burrow, Herbert, Lawrence are all similar in this regard. Bal qb Jackson is a run first qb. If Jackson’s mobility is compromised, he can not only pass his team to victory.
Exactly.

I'd have issue giving him a contract but it sure wouldn't be fully guaranteed.

LOL one of the absolute worst takes I've ever seen on here. AND then you went and doubled down.

Did you even read the article? They barely give an opinion on Lamar's contract and what they think he is worth/deserves. Now they really go hard after the Browns and that God awful contract that they signed Watson to. Essentially blaming them for the current standoff the Ravens and Lamar find themselves in.

Lamar has a been an extremely good regular season QB, but he has more than a few things working against him:
-his numbers drop pretty substantially in the Playoffs (he hasn't made an AFC Championship Game)
-because of his running ability - which is ELITE - he's more injury prone, as we've seen over the past couple seasons
-he was drafted by an extremely competent organization who knows the more money you guarantee and pay the QB, the less you have for other pieces

Last edited:
They offered him more guaranteed money than Kyler Murray AND Russell Wilson got in their deals over the past couple seasons. I'd argue both of them received much more in their deals than their actual worth.

But you're right, we all know the reasons the Ravens aren't signing him to a $250 fully guaranteed deal - because that would be freaking nuts.

LOL one of the absolute worst takes I've ever seen on here. AND then you went and doubled down.

Did you even read the article? They barely give an opinion on Lamar's contract and what they think he is worth/deserves. Now they really go hard after the Browns and that God awful contract that they signed Watson to. Essentially blaming them for the current standoff the Ravens and Lamar find themselves in.

Lamar has a been an extremely good regular season QB, but he has more than a few things working against him:
-his numbers drop pretty substantially in the Playoffs (he hasn't made an AFC Championship Game)
-because of his running ability - which is ELITE - he's more injury prone, as we've seen over the past couple seasons
-he was drafted by an extremely competent organization who knows the more money you guarantee and pay the QB, the less you have for other pieces
Ravens organization has firsthand experience with this. Flacco's extension after winning the Super Bowl greatly limited their ability to maintain a Super Bowl caliber roster, and as often happens after getting the big contract, Flacco didn't perform with the same hunger. It was yet another example of the pro football adage: "The best player on the field is the one trying to get paid."

probably because his style of play makes him injury prone.... and he has missed games in the past three years, hasn't he?

Use the high ankle injury that KC Patrick Mahomes had this post season. Despite being physically limited, Mahomes was able to perform at a high level because he is a passing qb who also happens to have athleticism & is able to scramble, escape & extend the play. Burrow, Herbert, Lawrence are all similar in this regard. Bal qb Jackson is a run first qb. If Jackson’s mobility is compromised, he can not only pass his team to victory.
YEP

great points

The play style excuse is a very common racist tactic used against black qbs
sure it is, if you run the ball as much as that is part of the offense scheme for the Ravens, you are going to get hurt....and usually it doesn't take that long for QB's to figure out, i better get DOWN instead of picking up that extra 5 yards... Justin Fields will figure that out and hopefully the Bears put some better players on their OFF.... including lineman and Wr's

Quite the imagination you have there. There is literally nothing in this article to support your theory.

All the article talks about is how stupid the Browns are by making a ridiculous contract offer to Watson. That set the bar that Lamar is shooting for, but the Ravens are not as stupid as the Browns. That is the entire article. Carry on.