General NFL Chat

1609368950687.png

Either way, he's going to an awful organization. Any chance the Jaguars would back up the Brinks truck to hire Dabo?

The Jags are set up decently on offense. Good RB, solid group of WRs. They need help on the OL but there will be talent on around him, unlike in NY.

The Eagles just decided to tank in the 4th Quarter by pulling Jalen Hurts for Nate Sudfeld. Sudfeld makes Brandon Allen look like Aaron Rodgers. It was so blatant, even Collinsworth & Al Michaels were questioning Pederson's integrity.

The Eagles just decided to tank in the 4th Quarter by pulling Jalen Hurts for Nate Sudfeld. Sudfeld makes Brandon Allen look like Aaron Rodgers. It was so blatant, even Collinsworth & Al Michaels were questioning Pederson's integrity.

That was pretty bad, wouldn’t be surprised if they were instructed to jump on 4th and Inches, it was the guy who is literally lined up over the ball.

had Phi won, they would have dropped from 6th to 9th in the draft.

It's only January 3rd and the Eagles won troll of the year for what they just did to the Giants.

It's only January 3rd and the Eagles won troll of the year for what they just did to the Giants.
Normally, I’d feel for the Giants, but a 6 win team has no right to be in the Playoffs. I still believe there should be a rule you have to go at least .500 to qualify for the playoffs, the Redskins/WFT don’t belong either. The Cardinals should’ve gotten the last playoff spot.

If Philly continues or draft as they have recently, it won't matter whether they're picking 6th or 9th. Have a little integrity Philly.

I like the idea of going at least .500 to make the playoffs. I get the idea that winning a division should mean something, but if winner of a division is 7-9 (almost was 6-10) AND 37.5% of your schedule is against the teams in your division who finished worse than you, and you could still only muster 7-9, you don’t deserve a playoff spot.

Or at least don’t give them a home game, give them the 7 seed

Urban is going to the Jags, they are gonna draft Lawrence and use their 100+ million dollars in cap to turn that ship back around. Got a feeling the Jags will really be something in the next 2-3 years

I like the idea of going at least .500 to make the playoffs. I get the idea that winning a division should mean something, but if winner of a division is 7-9 (almost was 6-10) AND 37.5% of your schedule is against the teams in your division who finished worse than you, and you could still only muster 7-9, you don’t deserve a playoff spot.

Or at least don’t give them a home game, give them the 7 seed
I would lean towards the latter, no home game.

Winning the division, in all professional sports, will get you into the post season.

If Philly continues or draft as they have recently, it won't matter whether they're picking 6th or 9th. Have a little integrity Philly.
Agreed. Honestly I doubt it was a tank for 6th spot. It was either what Pederson said (just let Sudfield play) or it may have been a "screw the Giants" move. Plenty of hate between Philly and NYG.

Either way, Pederson ticked off his future QB (Hurts) and probably most of his team. No way they can respect that guy.

Agreed. Honestly I doubt it was a tank for 6th spot. It was either what Pederson said (just let Sudfield play) or it may have been a "screw the Giants" move. Plenty of hate between Philly and NYG.

Either way, Pederson ticked off his future QB (Hurts) and probably most of his team. No way they can respect that guy.
It was not for letting Sudfeld to play.....

Huh.
I was wrong.

Pederson is out at Tankadelphia.
I presumed his move at QB was directed from the top. To tank like that typically does not come from the coach!

Surprised nobody mentioned the Nickelodeon broadcast of yesterday's Bear v Saints game.

To be honest I never heard about this until seeing some tweets saying that if you are enjoying some product from the local dispensary you need to tune in.

Surprised nobody mentioned the Nickelodeon broadcast of yesterday's Bear v Saints game.

To be honest I never heard about this until seeing some tweets saying that if you are enjoying some product from the local dispensary you need to tune in.
I mentioned it on a couple of threads.

I flipped back and forth. It was interesting. Sister said they turned that on for their 4 young kids and that was the most they ever watched of any one game!

I decided to check it out and like voice, flipped back and forth - it was pretty funny with some of the commentary from the kids. Even though the players couldn't see it, thought it was hysterical with the Spongebob laughing when a FG was missed. Truly a genius idea to get younger viewers into the NFL, IMO. I'd be interested to see the viewer numbers on it and if the NFL + Nick continue this in years to come.

I decided to check it out and like voice, flipped back and forth - it was pretty funny with some of the commentary from the kids. Even though the players couldn't see it, thought it was hysterical with the Spongebob laughing when a FG was missed. Truly a genius idea to get younger viewers into the NFL, IMO. I'd be interested to see the viewer numbers on it and if the NFL + Nick continue this in years to come.
Kicker was scared of spongebob's face!
The part that felt odd;....Trubisky was voted the NVP!

Urban Meyer to Jags

Robert Saleh to Jets

I think the Jets got a steal. This dude is going to figure it out in NY. I'm not sure what they think of Darnold but i actually think he can be a serviceable QB in the NFL. not elite, but above average.

Not sure on Urban Meyer as he's been out of the college game for awhile but if they get Lawrence, that's a big step in the right direction. coaching can only go so far. if Lawrence turns out to be a franchise QB, then Meyer's biggest obstacle in the NFL will be figuring out how to hire/delegate to the right people and how to manage NFL personalities as opposed to college kids. the track record of college coaches going to the pros is not good so history doesn't bode well fro Urban, but maybe he can pull it off.

I think college coaches have a better chance nowadays to make it in the NFL.

The NFL game has been evolving to be more wide open and such like college football. The styles are still different, but the principles are getting closer and closer.....

A lot of cap room. #1 pick. Solid veteran back up QB still on the team to help the transition. No state tax could really be a benefit.

...and if it all fails, Urban Liar will run all the way to the bank laughing and fall back into a TV gig.

Win.
Win.

I think Urban's coordinators hires are significantly more important than any other HC in the NFL right now. Urban was a great recruiter and culture builder in college, X's and O's has never been his forte. It helps they have a plethora of draft picks, including Trevor Lawrence and a plethora of cap space. I don't think he'll be super successful but we'll see. He always struggled losing 1-2 games in college. Not sure how he'll handle losing 4+ a year with even the best team in the NFL, which obviously the Jags do not have.

He always struggled losing 1-2 games in college. Not sure how he'll handle losing 4+ a year with even the best team in the NFL, which obviously the Jags do not have.

This is why IMO this may be a disaster in waiting. In the NFL, just about every week is competitive, even when playing against teams with terrible records. Every game matters, not just a few that you can circle before the year begins.

At schools with huge advantages like Ohio State and Florida he had periods of major health and wellness issues that were related to succumbing and coping poorly with stressors and grinding himself down. I don't see how he's going to mentally and physically hold up coaching a rebuilding NFL team where you're probably hoping for a 4-5 win first year and to push .500 in year two. For someone like him with his tendencies to breakdown when winning 85%+ of the time in college, it seems like a recipe for disaster.

One thing in Urban's favor is that he's a very good administrator. He's very good at identifying subordinate talent and delegating. He's also good at getting guys to play hard for him. As I mentioned above, I wonder what toll the losing will take on him, but I'm not betting against a guy who's been successful at every level on his way to this job.