General NFL Chat

Since when do legislators get to make hiring decisions for professional sports teams?? What's the angle here?? Good to see he's a local guy, but there are lots of local guys.

Lebanese descent with large number of Lebanese in Dearborn maybe?

Cam Newton is terrible. Hard to believe he ever won league MVP

Hard to believe that as players age and come back from injuries, they get worse? A guy like Cam who relied 100% on his physicality will decline faster than a guy like Brady or Brees who rely on other things.

Cam has never been an accurate thrower. He got along because he was able to get by because he could run the ball so well, he threw just well enough to keep teams honest. Ron Rivera is an excellent coach and they worked well together all those years in Carolina.

Hard to believe that as players age and come back from injuries, they get worse? A guy like Cam who relied 100% on his physicality will decline faster than a guy like Brady or Brees who rely on other things.
The all time greats evolve over their career's. When they can no longer do those same physical actions as they used to they find other ways to get the job done.
When that does not happen........you get what we see in Cams career.

I honestly am surprised Cam did what he did this year. I really never thought he'd play again before this season. He's physically held up pretty well.

I honestly am surprised Cam did what he did this year. I really never thought he'd play again before this season. He's physically held up pretty well.
Just playing terrible.

272 yards in the last three starts.
That is.....horrible.

2.9 QBR for Cam against the Rams. 2.9!

Lots at work here. First, he has very few weapons. The receivers are awful. Edelman was the only decent option and he's old and broken down. The only good back is Michel and he can't stay on the field. On top of that, the league has figured out cam. He's going to have a tough time finding a job next year.

2.9 QBR for Cam against the Rams. 2.9!

Lots at work here. First, he has very few weapons. The receivers are awful. Edelman was the only decent option and he's old and broken down. The only good back is Michel and he can't stay on the field. On top of that, the league has figured out cam. He's going to have a tough time finding a job next year.
I disagree about the RB. Michel has looked pretty mediocre but Damien Harris has looked pretty good. But otherwise your analysis is pretty spot on. Cam has played pretty poorly but that supporting cast isn’t pretty. Jakobi Meyers has looked decent but he’s not much more than a WR3. They still don’t have an NFL caliber TE1. I also agree that the league has figured him out. On third and shorts you know exactly what’s coming with Cam. It’s so predictable. Sounds like it may be time to retire.

I disagree about the RB. Michel has looked pretty mediocre but Damien Harris has looked pretty good. But otherwise your analysis is pretty spot on. Cam has played pretty poorly but that supporting cast isn’t pretty. Jakobi Meyers has looked decent but he’s not much more than a WR3. They still don’t have an NFL caliber TE1. I also agree that the league has figured him out. On third and shorts you know exactly what’s coming with Cam. It’s so predictable. Sounds like it may be time to retire.

I've always been a Michel fan and thought he was underutilized by the Pats, but I guess that's a result of them always using so many backs, never committing to any one in particular. His health has always been a major issue too.

I've always been a Michel fan and thought he was underutilized by the Pats, but I guess that's a result of them always using so many backs, never committing to any one in particular. His health has always been a major issue too.
You’re right he’s been banged up fairly consistently. Unfortunately I think it’s slowed him down a bit. No matter what, he was a critical part of there SB run a couple years back. I like him a lot and always pull for him.

The all time greats evolve over their career's. When they can no longer do those same physical actions as they used to they find other ways to get the job done.
When that does not happen........you get what we see in Cams career.
To be clear. I was not saying "Cam is still good". I was saying it is not surprising that he declined so fast, because his success was 100% based on his physical gifts.

That’s such an unbelievably racist thing to say

That’s such an unbelievably racist thing to say
Oh please Zeetroll. Everyone knows Cam was a giant running back who could throw a little. If asked about Mahomes or Watson I would say they will be fine as they age, they are great passers and QBs. Josh Allen will decline more like Cam as his body gets beat up, but Josh is at least an average passer.

No fans, lack of atmosphere, is really starting to bum me out watching games. Buffalo woulda been nuts last night. The Browns playing the original browns on MNF? What would be lit tonight.

Especially these prime time games, getting late into the season when the games are meaning so much just does not feel right not having them go nuts.

No fans, lack of atmosphere, is really starting to bum me out watching games. Buffalo woulda been nuts last night. The Browns playing the original browns on MNF? What would be lit tonight.

Especially these prime time games, getting late into the season when the games are meaning so much just does not feel right not having them go nuts.

I noticed the same thing last night, especially when they have a wide camera shot coming out of a TO it just looks so sad, I know these are Pros but the players have to feel the lack of energy. Also these Northern open air stadiums have to be freezing, warm bodies help give off heat and absorb the chilling wind.

I noticed the same thing last night, especially when they have a wide camera shot coming out of a TO it just looks so sad, I know these are Pros but the players have to feel the lack of energy. Also these Northern open air stadiums have to be freezing, warm bodies help give off heat and absorb the chilling wind.
It is 'great' for visitor teams not having to deal with it, but it cannot be very motivating. I know,they get paid a lot of $$ but still, the 50K+ fans are part of the game and without it, especially late in the season, it just sucks.

I had to flip some College games off saturday with the total lack of atmosphere. Whomever was calling the Mich St game it was like he was calling a golf match and with no music, fans, etc it just was not interesting at all.

I enjoy going to NFL games later in the season when it starts getting colder.

Those early season NFL games when it is hot, sunny, 1pm just do not get my blood flowing but late in the season when you have colder weather, important games man, the enthusiasm is the best.

I enjoy going to NFL games later in the season when it starts getting colder.

Those early season NFL games when it is hot, sunny, 1pm just do not get my blood flowing but late in the season when you have colder weather, important games man, the enthusiasm is the best.
It's funny, but when your team wins, you shuffle out, cold as hell, but happy.

When they lose, you say, "Why did I even bother, I can't even feel my feet".

Oh please Zeetroll. Everyone knows Cam was a giant running back who could throw a little. If asked about Mahomes or Watson I would say they will be fine as they age, they are great passers and QBs. Josh Allen will decline more like Cam as his body gets beat up, but Josh is at least an average passer.
Nope, you’re a filthy racist

It is 'great' for visitor teams not having to deal with it, but it cannot be very motivating. I know,they get paid a lot of $$ but still, the 50K+ fans are part of the game and without it, especially late in the season, it just sucks.

I had to flip some College games off saturday with the total lack of atmosphere. Whomever was calling the Mich St game it was like he was calling a golf match and with no music, fans, etc it just was not interesting at all.
Agreed. Personally I miss the fans and atmosphere more in the college games. I'm still enjoying the NFL somewhat, but college really relies more on the crazy fans, the bands, the traditions...

Was really pulling for the jets in that upset today! I want the answer to the question *who is the last team to go 0-16* to forever be The Browns.