General NFL Chat

Here's a story that is both uplifting and sad. Josh Allen lost his Grandma on Saturday night. Bills fans on Sunday night donated over $100,000 to Allen's Buffalo Children's Hospital charity in her memory. Remember how Bills fans donated over $500,000 to Andy Dalton's charity after the Bengals beat the Ravens putting the Bills into the playoffs back in 2017.

Update: It's now over $150,000 and rising fast! Pretty cool.

Last edited:
Here's a story that is both uplifting and sad. Josh Allen lost his Grandma on Saturday night. Bills fans on Sunday night donated over $100,000 to Allen's Buffalo Children's Hospital charity in her memory. Remember how Bills fans donated over $500,000 to Andy Dalton's charity after the Bengals beat the Ravens putting the Bills into the playoffs back in 2017.

Buffalo is a great town. I used to have to go up there for business once a month for a couple of years. The city is pretty meh, but the people are exceptionally nice. I remember one snowy (shocking) Monday night right before Christmas and I was staying overnight, so I made a short drive to a neighborhood dive bar to watch the football game on TV and have a couple beers. It turned out to be this neighborhood bar’s holiday party and it was crowded with regulars and they had this huge potluck spread. They immediately recognized I wasn’t one of them and I explained why I was in town and they treated me like royalty. Bought me beers and fed me like a king with a ton of delicious homemade food from the potluck. And those folks were very representative of nearly all the Buffalo people I met during those years. The generosity to charities does not surprise me.

After trailing 27-17, the Patriots made a 4th quarter comeback to avoid the potential embarrassment of losing to the winless Jets. The moral of the story: Any road win is a good win in the NFL.

Hell any win, whether it's on the road or at home, is good. This idea that style points matter in the NFL is crazy. Sure in college where they have a screwed up playoff system it matters but Al Davis had it right all those years ago - "just win baby"!

Here's an update:

Over $200,000 raised and most of it in $17 increments! I have a soft spot for Children's Hospitals. Can't think of a more deserving charity.

Seems like just yesterday that Baker was the up and comer and people thought Allen was trash. Now Allen is a top 10 QB while...

With Allen the trajectory has been nothing but up since he came into the league. His tools were undeniable but he was raw and there were a couple of issues that the "experts" believed could not be fixed. The Analytics guys hated Allen as did most of the college football assessors.

Some of the articles commenting on the Bills drafting Allen were crazy in their hatred of the guy. I mean talk about an underdog making good, Allen fit the definition to a tee.

This year, even Allen's four game "slump" likely resulted from him having a partially separated shoulder on his non throwing arm. This injury impacted his mechanics and accuracy. ESPN's Hasselback pointed out before the Seattle game that Allen wasn't going to wear a brace on his left shoulder. This was the first time without a brace since the Raiders game and Hasselback thought Allen would have a big game as a result (he had the same injury). Sure Seattle's bad defense played a role in Allen's big game Sunday but Allen's left shoulder healing played a big role to.

Latest update has the total over $250,000. This is pretty amazing.

Over $400,000 and still going up pretty fast. Note that the average donation is just a little over $17.

Watching the Browns game broadcast lends good insight into why Matt Millen was one of the worst GM/talent evaluators in NFL history. Jeez, every player is a great player. Every unit is one of the best he’s seen. Every coach does a really great job. You would think you were watching a Super Bowl match up instead of the Browns vs Texans.

Watching the Browns game broadcast lends good insight into why Matt Millen was one of the worst GM/talent evaluators in NFL history. Jeez, every player is a great player. Every unit is one of the best he’s seen. Every coach does a really great job. You would think you were watching a Super Bowl match up instead of the Browns vs Texans.

Charles Rogers demonstrated Matt's evaluation skills.

The NFC LEast divisional race is starting to heat up after this past weekend's results.

The 3-5-1 Eagles are still projected to win it as they maintain a narrow advantage over the 3-7 Giants (as well as the 2-7 Cowboys and 2-7 WFT), but that could easily change as the Eagles are expected to be underdogs in their next 5 match-ups (@CLE, SEA, @GB, NO, @ARI) before closing out with 2 winnable games @Dallas and at home against WFT.

It's still very possible that a 6-win team could make the play-offs from this division.

One of the two will be in the SB this year.....

If I have three broken ribs, please call me a doctor. If I have five broken ribs and a punctured lung, please don't let me stand around on the sidelines. Call the coroner.

Thank you.

If I have three broken ribs, please call me a doctor. If I have five broken ribs and a punctured lung, please don't let me stand around on the sidelines. Call the coroner.

Thank you.
Crazy no doubt. Guess they think some of it happened last week!

I think the penalty call was BS. The DT absolutely landed on his side and did not come down with full body weight. I am unsure what he else he was supposed to do.

I hate to add more under the umbrella of replay, but maybe these penalties can be looked at. Steelers got a bonus call against the Cowboys when the DT barely touched the facemask. I guess by rule it may be a penalty, but that is extremely LAME and weak penalty when you barely touch the helmet/face.

1605731249354.jpeg

Thank you.

It's up to 11 breaks. By Christmas, we'll learn his rib cage had been removed completely.

NFC LEast race heats up even more with the Cowboys and WFT winning and Eagles losing.

Expecting this one to come down to the final week of the regular season.

So is the NFL playing games with these reschedulings?

Why did the Ravens get rescheduled twice and the Broncos had to play with no QBs?

Is it the Haves vs the Have Nots like the NBA has become?

Have any Belichick assistants been successful HCs?
Define successful.

I don't think O'Brien was as pathetic as Weis, Crennel (great interim coach, lousy HC), Patricia, McDaniels, or Mangini. The job he did at Penn St. was phenomenal under the circumstances, and his W-L record in Houston wasn't bad. However, he was a horrible GM.

The jury's still out on Brian Flores in Miami, but he has them headed in the right direction so far, and they could take another step forward next year thanks to owning the Texans' 1st and 2nd round picks in addition to their own in the next draft.

Who has the strongest claim on Mike Vrabel, Belichick or O'Brien?

The Vikings, even with that horrifying loss to Dallas, look like they not only will salvage Mike Zimmer's job for one more season by at least going 8-8 with a lot of young new players...but they may sneak an NFC playoff spot if it all breaks right for them.

As suspected, making the Broncos play was essentially a punishment. their QBs were fined for not following protocals.

Say what you will about GODell, he is keeping this NFL season moving along. Good for them, good for them. The epitomy of not throwing the baby out with the bathwater by cancelling all the time.