General NFL Chat

So last summer, Aaron Rodgers waffled around wasn't sure he was coming back, didn't work out with the team all summer, whined about not having recievers after Dvonte Adams bolted. Packers bowed down and brought in and overpaid Rodgers boy Randall Cobb who is washed up.

And I'll be darned if he's not going to do it again??? Having your franchise QB as a weekly guest on a talk show isn't a good idea, especially one who just seems to need to have his ego stroked daily. Funny part is Green Bay isn't like most of America, where they just fawn over football talent. I think many in Packer land could really care less if Rodgers comes back again. He's becoming too toxic for what he brings to the table. Sure, the Packers probably aren't going to win without him, at least for now. But, I'm not sure they win with him. He's just no "in" enough to be that guy anymore that can lead the Packers to where they want to go.
Are you serious?

GB should trade Rodgers while they still can get something for him, some organizations are so QB desperate they will give up the farm for a QB, just look at the Watson and Wilson deals.

Cowboys beat a team with an under .500 record with lots of flaws.
I am not a cowboys fan but they did go 12 - 5 in maybe the best division in football (3 teams left in the playoffs). Tampa Bay may have been 8 - 9 but the Buccs were a good defensive team this season and dallas beat the Brady Buccs fairly convincingly at Tampa.

GB should trade Rodgers while they still can get something for him, some organizations are so QB desperate they will give up the farm for a QB, just look at the Watson and Wilson deals.
The list of Rodgers suiters is pretty short. He want's to go to a ready made super bowl team and have complete control over the offense. Those teams that are that good already have their QB, and bringing in an old, set in his ways QB who has become very needy isn't a good idea.

So last summer, Aaron Rodgers waffled around wasn't sure he was coming back, didn't work out with the team all summer, whined about not having recievers after Dvonte Adams bolted. Packers bowed down and brought in and overpaid Rodgers boy Randall Cobb who is washed up.

And I'll be darned if he's not going to do it again??? Having your franchise QB as a weekly guest on a talk show isn't a good idea, especially one who just seems to need to have his ego stroked daily. Funny part is Green Bay isn't like most of America, where they just fawn over football talent. I think many in Packer land could really care less if Rodgers comes back again. He's becoming too toxic for what he brings to the table. Sure, the Packers probably aren't going to win without him, at least for now. But, I'm not sure they win with him. He's just no "in" enough to be that guy anymore that can lead the Packers to where they want to go.
How are you so consistently wrong, on every topic? You seem to have confused Los Angeles and Green Bay. Either that, or you have never been anywhere near Wisconsin in the last 30 years. Green Bay LOVES the guys on the Packers, and care deeply about their QB.

How are you so consistently wrong, on every topic? You seem to have confused Los Angeles and Green Bay. Either that, or you have never been anywhere near Wisconsin in the last 30 years. Green Bay LOVES the guys on the Packers, and care deeply about their QB.
It really is amazing isn't it? I've never seen a poster get things wrong on nearly every topic AND every post. His whole rant missed by a mile.

The list of Rodgers suiters is pretty short. He want's to go to a ready made super bowl team and have complete control over the offense. Those teams that are that good already have their QB, and bringing in an old, set in his ways QB who has become very needy isn't a good idea.
If you call a quarter of the league a short list then for once you'd be right.

I know they've got Love, but do you think that trading Rogers and a couple picks to Vegas (reunite with Adams) for pick 7 to draft another QB and then draft a WR would be plausible or smart? Would either team go for that.

really don't think Rodgers will be back in GB, just a feeling he may go to the Raiders...

The NFL kinda screwed the pooch with their handling of the KC, Bills & Cincy seeding/home field situation but they appear to be moving to neutral field Conference Championship game locations. 2 mini Super Bowls before the Super Bowl. Cities bidding for the game, entertainment acts/singers budding to perform at halftime, corporations buying suites, fans buying tickets…..

The NFL kinda screwed the pooch with their handling of the KC, Bills & Cincy seeding/home field situation but they appear to be moving to neutral field Conference Championship game locations. 2 mini Super Bowls before the Super Bowl. Cities bidding for the game, entertainment acts/singers budding to perform at halftime, corporations buying suites, fans buying tickets…..

Hopefully this won't be a permanent fixture. No point in being a #1 seed if you dont get to hold the conference championship.

Viable options via dome if neutral:

Atlanta
Arizona
Dallas
Detroit
Houston
Indianapolis
Las Vegas
Los Angeles
Minnesota
New Orleans

However, I would like to see a cold weather environment. So maybe New York? Perhaps rotate championship games between LA and New York.

I still hope that they remain traditional.

No. 1 Be great if Jax and Cincy both won.
No. 2 TV viewers enjoy watching games where the elements are involved, I know I do, maybe Vegas not as much.

Effective CAP space going into 2023 season for AFC North

Bengals $33.6 million 4th [incl $540,000 in dead money, $24mill Guaranteed ]
Ravens $24.1 million 8th [ incl $5,556,000 in dead money, $37mill Guaranteed ]
Steelers minus $2.9 mill 18th [ incl $5,928,000 in dead money, $39mill Guaranteed ]
Browns minus $ 16.1 mill 25th [ incl $7,816,000 in dead money,$96million, in Guaranteed - $46mill Watson, $50mill rest of team- WTH for non Watson $50mill? ]

Bears have the most at $82.5 mill, which is amazing since it includes $21,968,000 in dead money
Saints at minus $61.2 mill the worst WTH Saints.? [only $5,038,000 in dead money.

Effective CAP space going into 2023 season for AFC North

Bengals $33.6 million 4th [incl $540,000 in dead money, $24mill Guaranteed ]
Ravens $24.1 million 8th [ incl $5,556,000 in dead money, $37mill Guaranteed ]
Steelers minus $2.9 mill 18th [ incl $5,928,000 in dead money, $39mill Guaranteed ]
Browns minus $ 16.1 mill 25th [ incl $7,816,000 in dead money,$96million, in Guaranteed - $46mill Watson, $50mill rest of team- WTH for non Watson $50mill? ]

Bears have the most at $82.5 mill, which is amazing since it includes $21,968,000 in dead money
Saints at minus $61.2 mill the worst WTH Saints.? [only $5,038,000 in dead money.
Where's your source?

Spotrac says the Bengals have $48.4M in space.

Based on an assumed $225 mil team cap for 2023, Overthecap.com has:
* Bengals - $43.9 mil in cap space
* Ravens - $28.1 mil
* Steelers - $1.4 mil
* Browns - over $14.4 mil

Bengals big jump will be in 2024 when Burrow’s new contract begins, assuming the Bengals extend his contract this off season

* Bengals have Wilson, Higgins & the safety as their big free agents and the Burrow extension.
* Ravens are pigeon toed by the Jackson situation so they will most likely not be big spenders this off season. If they move on from Jackson, all bets are off. Just had the OC resign.
* Steelers will look to extend OLB Highsmith and try to resign CB Sutton. Doubt if they sign any high profile free agent, maybe a depth guy or two.
* Whatever the Browns do, they are already talking about redoing Watson contract to try & free up cap space, it will be the absolute wrong thing to do and they will execute it as poorly as one can.

Last edited:
This stuff is really fluid but according to Steelersdepot.com as of today 1/21/23 the Steelers projected cap space is $5,490,358.

Then again, maybe not. While I was typing this Lawrence just threw another interception...
Chiefs did get through this game, but if that ankle is not in good shape by next Sunday, it will be tough for them to beat Buffalo, or Cincinnati.

Chiefs did get through this game, but if that ankle is not in good shape by next Sunday, it will be tough for them to beat Buffalo, or Cincinnati.
I agree, sometimes it pays to be more lucky than good. Defense bailed them out.

This Giant/Eagle game was a real snoozer. Terrible playoff game.

Giants overachieved quite a bit this season. Got picked apart by an Eagles team that was running on all cylinders for the first time in over a month.

The winner of SF/Dallas will have their hands full next week.