GCL South (X, Elder, Moeller, LaSalle) 2012-2019 (including poll)

Which school will win the GCL South title in 2019?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, if Elder has 22 good players, then why do they have to play guys both ways to solidify their d line. You're talking out of both sides of your mouth.
And Clearwater has 12 D-1 recruits, not just 7 great players.
I didn't say they had 22 good starters. 22 good players and that's not a lot and I was being generous thinker Elder might has a couple of good players waiting for an opportunity. But Elder probably actually have 5 or 6 that would see the field at Winton Woods. I dont think CA has any players rated higher that 3 star. Ajou is a 3 star according to 247. Elder has a couple of advantages in this game but that old Elder problem might surface. Lack of speed. I watch Clearwater and was not impressed by the competition they play.

So, if Elder has 22 good players, then why do they have to play guys both ways to solidify their d line. You're talking out of both sides of your mouth.
And Clearwater has 12 D-1 recruits, not just 7 great players.

Versus Cathedral there was a parade of nearly 30 different numbered purple jersey'd arm tacklers in a desperate attempt to get size on the line, speed on the edge and height in the secondary.

I didn't say they had 22 good starters. 22 good players and that's not a lot and I was being generous thinker Elder might has a couple of good players waiting for an opportunity. But Elder probably actually have 5 or 6 that would see the field at Winton Woods. I dont think CA has any players rated higher that 3 star. Ajou is a 3 star according to 247. Elder has a couple of advantages in this game but that old Elder problem might surface. Lack of speed. I watch Clearwater and was not impressed by the competition they play.

You're probably right, but you owe me a diet coke if Clearwater wins!
Rooting for Elder...... but betting on Clearwater.
Also betting your Winton Wood Peckers are the best team in SWO this year (D1 or D2) and will take down the Hobo's for a state title.

Also betting your Winton Wood Peckers are the best team in SWO this year (D1 or D2) and will take down the Hobo's for a state title.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. The Warriors gotta take it one game at a time. We trying to pull off an upset at our home opener tonight. The pumpkins haven't even been set out yet, it's too early for crazy talk.

Week 3 Final Scores.... GCL South goes 4-0

LaSalle - 38
Mansfield - 16

Elder - 60
Clearwater - 54

Moeller - 68
Lafayette - 7

St X - 37
Penn - 7

Last edited:
Rooting for Elder....but betting on Clearwater??? That sounds like a really difficult concept to grasp....can you help people understand?

I have seen ELDER vs De Laalle and many other top teams. Clearwater has the most talent. Elders offense is that gold and Clearwater was that undusiplined on offense. Take what you may but I cane away thing this offense will score on anybody and how far this team goes depends on defense.

This Elder offense is pretty good and very dynamic, can beat you a number of ways. Plenty of weapons, some new wrinkles thrown in. One thing they don't have is that deep threat, at least I haven't seen it yet.

Week 3 Final Scores.... GCL South goes 4-0

LaSalle - 38
Mansfield - 16

Elder - 60
Clearwater - 54

Moeller - 68
Lafayette - 7

St X - 37
Penn - 7

Elder wins a wild one with NO defense.

Moe gets back on track just in time for a huge test vs the Winton Wood Peckers.

And the 2 teams from North Bend Rd keep rolling.

Something’s gotta give soon!

Elder wins a wild one with NO defense.

Moe gets back on track just in time for a huge test vs the Winton Wood Peckers.

And the 2 teams from North Bend Rd keep rolling.

Something’s gotta give soon!

Moe comes in to WW game on a sugar high. Maybe they can keep it interesting for a half or 3 quarters like UA did, but they absolutely need to correct things in practice this week. Burned 2 if not 3 time outs early in the game just trying to get set on Offense. Passing game is getting better with Valentine and Verdon playing at WR. Anthony Sledge is emerging as a reliable speed guy which gives Moe 3 capable receivers. He had a few balls thrown his way and looked pretty good in being able to get separation although he dropped a sure TD and was overthrown on one or two other plays. Still have not seen enough to accurately predict what will happen on Friday since Lafayette was terrible. I do know they have some talent on the D-line and if they can get a little more consistent in the running game they can compete. Still sticking with 2-8 as the schedule gets brutal right now. I don't see how they are favored in any games week 4-9 but you never know. GBM

Last edited:
Odd Occurrences in GCL Under Full Moon on Friday the 13th.....

1) Team from Florida puts 54 on the board vs Elder at the “Arm-Pit”..... and loses!

2) Hell Freezes Over as Crooked Crusaders not only score, but actually win a game!

Things are about to get interesting in week 4...

Crooked Crusaders vs Winton Wood Peckers
If Moe is competitive in this game, they’ll be competitive in the GCL.

Pitiful Panthers vs St Eds Beagles
After escaping with wins the past 2 weeks, Elder will be tested by one of the best in Ohio.

Suicide Bombers vs Indy Cathedral
Cathedral took Elder to OT at the Arm-Pit.
How will X do vs one of the better teams from Indy?

And finally, the Low energy Lancers are playing yet another cupcake in the first half of the 2019 season.

Last edited:
Things are about to get interesting in week 4...

Crooked Crusaders vs Winton Wood Peckers
If Moe is competitive in this game, they’ll be competitive in the GCL.

Pitiful Panthers vs St Eds Beagles
After escaping with wins the past 2 weeks, Elder will be tested by one of the best in Ohio.

Suicide Bombers vs Indy Cathedral
Cathedral took Elder to OT at the Arm-Pit.
How will X do vs one of the better teams from Indy?

And finally, the Low energy Lancers are playing yet another cupcake in the first half of the 2019 season.
What does "being competitive" against Winton Woods look like?

They have played exactly nobody... It’s still Elder and maybe St X if they pull off the upset at home vs Elder and everyone else. Elder will name their score vs La Salle

And in the oldest non-conference rivalry in college football with some local talent on both teams, UC comes back from a 10-0 deficit to bury Miami in the 2nd half, 35-13.
Great atmosphere at Nippert Stadium with 35,000+ in attendance. Miami outplayed UC in the first half, but UC scored a TD in the final seconds of the half to take the lead and gain the momentum.

lasalle keeps on rolling!!! they have won by almost 30 in three straight games
Keep up with your loyal Lancer following, Just understand you’re not gonna get any LS fans on this thread . Now I have it from a couple very impressed coaches From the team they beat and another scout from one of the best teams in Cincinnatithat they see La Salle over X I guess we’ll see don’t laugh too loud pope

I think the top 3 in the GCL (X, Elder, LaSalle) could finish in any order, with Moe at the bottom. LaSalle won’t be tested for a few more weeks.

Just understand you’re not gonna get any LS fans on this thread.

I wonder where they all went. Extra Point was a good poster.

Now I have it from a couple very impressed coaches From the team they beat and another scout from one of the best teams in Cincinnati that they see La Salle over X I guess we’ll see don’t laugh too loud pope

I'd be really impressed with a win over X. The Bombers have been this program's trouble spot these past few years.

Yeah, and then it's a test each week. Moeller, CovCath, and X on the road before the Wood Peckers and Elder at home.
and for what it is worth Drew Pasteur and Joe E. LS to lose to both X on the road and Elder at LS. they also have WW not making the playoffs. LS wins vs WW. if what was seen with Moe v Kentucky, and they can get there SH together, it may be a game ( LS v Moe) . Next 2 weeks well tell which way (Moe) this team is going .... 3 mind you 3 Columbus related teams make the D2 region 8. .... Talawanda has it is best season in years and does not even come close. Larry: just need 1 more win

Lancers have won exactly one GCL football title outright in 50+ years!
And that’s why they’re low energy!
we all know LS was not that good in football for many many years for many different reasons,most of which had nothing to do with lesser players, but There's a saying that goes "ACCEPT THE PAST, HONOR THE PRESENT, AND BELIEVE IN THE FUTURE" this is the LS motto: to believe in the future

Let go of the past and move on.

There’s an Arab proverb that states that you should write the bad things that happen to you in the sand, so that they can be easily erased from your memory. However, most of us engrave the bad things that happen to us in marble; therefore, our painful memories remain immortalized in our minds.
We walk around with our failures, our mistakes, our disappointments, and our hurts from the past shackled around our ankles, weighing us down.

Let it go.....................