GCL South (X, Elder, Moeller, LaSalle) 2012-2019 (including poll)

Which school will win the GCL South title in 2019?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok 1st off The Defenses of Moeller and Elder struggled against quality teams so far
2nd Lakota West should be a GMC contender and Mansfield has a high chance to win state in Massachuches
and Finally Colerain is not as good as previous years and Brownsburg is average Penn was Garbage

Look I agree, I think LaSalle and St X are probably the best on defense. I just wanted to point out its hard to really tell at this point because these teams have played very different levels of competition.

Lakota West at best is the 3rd best team in the GMC. Fairfield and Colerain are both much better teams than Lakota West. Lakota West, Sycamore and Princeton are probably all about the same.

I think Elder is going to definitely struggle to pass against Lasalle in the last game at Lasalle, I honestly see Lancers pulling that game off

Uh you picked Lakota west and Moeller week 1 Colerain week 2 and CAI week 3 so you are 67% correct so far

My picks are indeed infallible as the team I pick OR the team the Pope really wants to win have won 100% of the time! This is very difficult, requiring endless hours of research but my picks have been documented by “Vegas Insider” as rated #1 in the nation over the past five years!

Last edited:
My question is how good is LaSalle in the trenches? Both sides.

I like the OL a lot better than last year, but I still question them going up against a GCLS or WW type team until they do it. I have bigger concerns about a small DL, but they're getting it done so far and Blevins has been a nice addition.

The skill players match up with anyone in the state. ANYONE. If you don't know the name G'Bran Payne, you should.

We'll see how it works together in a few weeks.

I like the OL a lot better than last year, but I still question them going up against a GCLS or WW type team until they do it. I have bigger concerns about a small DL, but they're getting it done so far and Blevins has been a nice addition.

The skill players match up with anyone in the state. ANYONE. If you don't know the name G'Bran Payne, you should.

I have been impressed by G'Bran Payne and he should get the nod at RB and let Porter start on defense and back up Payne at RB. "The skill players that match up with anyone in the state". Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure I know of a group that's a little better.

I have been impressed by G'Bran Payne and he should get the nod at RB and let Porter start on defense and back up Payne at RB. "The skill players that match up with anyone in the state". Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure I know of a group that's a little better.

Instead of getting into semantics and splitting hairs over what I mean by matching up with, let’s just say I think our group of DBs, receivers, running backs and our quarterback can compete with anyone.

I completely understand why your Wood Peckers are afraid of playing my Suicide Bombers!
Lol. You know better than that. St. X is the only GMC school that has their scheduling stable and under control. You know the Warriors wish all 4 GCL teams were on the schedule so we can claim an outright GCL title. Is safer for St. X to stay away from Winton Woods. I know I would had had X instead of St. Eds.

Gi'Bran is the best player on the team as a sophomore, yes I said it. If he keeps growing I wouldnt be surprised to see him as a top 5 player in the state. I hope UC is taking note right now.

I mean, theres no question who is better between the senior 3 star Northwestern commit and sophomore Gi'Bran. He is a stud. I just hope coach is trying to save his legs for bigger games and not trying to hold him back this year.

Gi'Bran is the best player on the team as a sophomore, yes I said it. If he keeps growing I wouldnt be surprised to see him as a top 5 player in the state. I hope UC is taking note right now.

He's certainly one of the best. Nos. 7 and 5 are pretty damned good too. And 13 has been so fun to watch. I don't know if he's that good or he just looks good compared to what we saw last year.

I mean, theres no question who is better between the senior 3 star Northwestern commit and sophomore Gi'Bran. He is a stud. I just hope coach is trying to save his legs for bigger games and not trying to hold him back this year.

The kid has three electric TD runs and is getting plenty of carries. I'm not sure why a coach would even think to hold someone back.

He's certainly one of the best. Nos. 7 and 5 are pretty damned good too. And 13 has been so fun to watch. I don't know if he's that good or he just looks good compared to what we saw last year.

The kid has three electric TD runs and is getting plenty of carries. I'm not sure why a coach would even think to hold someone back.
Gi'Bran is one of the most electric running backs I have ever seen

He has pleanty of oppurtunities

7 is Jaylen Johnson
5 is Devonta Smith
13 is Zach Branham

What are your past quarter season record prediction for each team

As you can plainly see if you subscribe to "Vegas Insider", my record for Ohio high school football predictions stands as follows:

2019 YTD (that's "year to date" for those living in Northeast Ohio) - 100%

2018 - 100%

2017 - 98.72% (bad year on my part)

2016 - 100%

Sirach 26:14 "A silent wife is a gift from the Lord"

Last edited:
I think Elder is going to definitely struggle to pass against Lasalle in the last game at Lasalle, I honestly see Lancers pulling that game off
No way will Elder Struggle. Elder is scoring this year at 46 points average. They will run and pass at will. No one will stop Elder. Good luck in Playoffs LaSalle. Elder is going to win Region 4. And then hopeful for State Champs.

No way will Elder Struggle. Elder is scoring this year at 46 points average. They will run and pass at will. No one will stop Elder. Good luck in Playoffs LaSalle. Elder is going to win Region 4. And then hopeful for State Champs.
depends if their defense improves

well if you look at that stats lasalle has the number 1 pass defense in the GCL allowing only 70 yards per game but tha'ts 6 weeks away I'm focusing on Dayton Dunbar

well if you look at that stats lasalle has the number 1 pass defense in the GCL allowing only 70 yards per game but tha'ts 6 weeks away I'm focusing on Dayton Dunbar

Lasalle hasn't played a team that really throws the ball well. Lakota west runs triple option and mason is a dumpster fire on offense. The low number of passing yards may be more indicative of who they have played to date than anything else. Your DBs will get tested when you hit GCL play

Please just stop comparing stats or using them. If you can’t understand the difference in all four teams strengths of schedule to this point maybe take up another hobby because sports insight does not seem to be it. Wake me up when LaSalle plays somebody, anybody.