GCL Soccer 2019

muggsy

With Alter and Carroll looking at favorites to take the GCL with a 0-0 tie, what are your thoughts on possible dark horses, champions, or stand-out players?

Connor Bailey is certainly a standout player and both Osterholdt twins are solid. I see all of them regularly on their Galaxies club team, which will play in the MRL National league in the spring. I do not know Alter quite as well, having only seen them in a scrimmage, but they have some very good talent as well. I am told last night's nil all draw was very fun to watch.

Good game between Elder and St. X last night. Elder up 1-0 with 4 minutes left. St. X wins 2-1 on a goal with 3 seconds remaining.

Alter is most hated team in Dayton. Puts out constant results against D1 teams with scrimmage wins over Beavercreek and Springboro and a physical, fast team that knows how to win.

Have fun watching your kids losing to Mariemount tonight. A crappy D3 team gonna beat an even crappier D2 team #upsetalert

Carroll had 2 goals called back...both by an AR. One for a handball off a corner header and one on a pretty tight offside call in the final moments of the game. Agreeing with Matt, all in all a very entertaining game to watch.

Carroll had 2 goals called back...both by an AR. One for a handball off a corner header and one on a pretty tight offside call in the final moments of the game. Agreeing with Matt, all in all a very entertaining game to watch.
In my opinion, both calls were distinctly correct, an evident handball with both hands and striker seemed to be 5 yards off.

Being fairly new to Ohio high school soccer and not being from the southwest Ohio area. I’ve heard of Beavercreek, Carroll and Alter based on previous success. But who is Fairmont?

We are from ketteirng. We have a few key players hurt, leading to our current 0-4 record. We are still ranked #2023 in the nation for D1.

Alter 2 Mariemont 0 Final.
I had a friend at the game and he said that you guys barley won and that it was an even match the whole time. He said the Haines kid goal was offsides. Also said a blatant handball was missed. (another example of alter kids getting bailed out by the refs, talk about alter tradition) Some of the Mariemont parents told him that their best forward was suspended for this game because of his punch he threw last game against Wyoming.

I had a friend at the game and he said that you guys barley won and that it was an even match the whole time. He said the Haines kid goal was offsides. Also said a blatant handball was missed. (another example of alter kids getting bailed out by the refs, talk about alter tradition) Some of the Mariemont parents told him that their best forward was suspended for this game because of his punch he threw last game against Wyoming.
Your friend needs a good ol' fashioned Alter Knights drug test.

We were at the Alter - Mariemont game last night. Mariemont playing without its two starting center backs due to injury and striker due to injury (not suspension). Alter keeper made a nice save on a Mariemont PK that would have tied it up 1-1. In my opinion Alter was the better team and would have probably won regardless of who was playing for Mariemont. Alter players seem to have a lot to say on the field :)

We were at the Alter - Mariemont game last night. Mariemont playing without its two starting center backs due to injury and striker due to injury (not suspension). Alter keeper made a nice save on a Mariemont PK that would have tied it up 1-1. In my opinion Alter was the better team and would have probably won regardless of who was playing for Mariemont. Alter players seem to have a lot to say on the field :)
Was a mouthy game on both sides (including the Mariemont coaches) but who cares if you have the score to back it up it's high school soccer.

Was a mouthy game on both sides (including the Mariemont coaches) but who cares if you have the score to back it up it's high school soccer.

That pretty much sums up my point regarding Alter

That pretty much sums up my point regarding Alter
I agree. Alter kids have cannot see that they cheat on everything. They are stuck up and wont change their view point on anything. They could say 2+2=5 and they will go to the grave swearing they are right.

I have to admit, both times I have seen Alter's boys this season they seem to have a few players who have been talkative.

Assuming you are an Oakwood fan, one of Oakwood's best players got benched against Alter for the second half due to trash talking...
Hi Muggs, just a fan of the sport, no cheering interest in a particular team, despite having a relative on Oakwood's team. I saw the incident to which you referred and know what was said. My reference though was about 2 Alter regular season games i saw. I watch many teams, not specifically Oakwood, for example carroll v roger bacon earlier tonight. Also was not suggesting alter's kids were problematic, just talkative.

There is no debate the parents in Dayton are the rowdiest....carries over to the kids on the field.
My experience has been Cincy area parents tend to be the rowdiest. And their kids follow suit. Same for Columbus and Toledo area. No experience with Cleveland area really.

Or it could be that people on "your" team always feel the other team act worse. Maybe a little bias involved.