GCL Football brings two teams to Canton For State Championships

In D1 you have the Elder Panthers playing against Pick Central and then you have D2 LaSalle against their old coach from 2014 Nate Moore from Massillon. Both played great games in the Semi Finals and clashed between each other in week 10. I believe The GCL is the best league in Ohio with no close second. What are your guys thoughts on these two teams bringing back TWO state championship trophies back to Cincinnati?

I doubt OSHAA would do it, but if they had the games back-to-back, you'd see a single field of Purple and Red together.

Listen that is a great accomplishment but, I promise to you Elder stands no chance next week! Congrats on the great season they have had but they don't have a chance! And Lasalle is a division 1 team that is playing division 2 they should win every state title from now on!

Reactions: E82
I doubt OSHAA would do it, but if they had the games back-to-back, you'd see a single field of Purple and Red together.
Just heard Beau Rugg on HS Blitz - D2 on Thursday night, Friday goes D6, D3, D1. Saturday goes D7, D4, D5.

What makes you think Elder doesnt have a chance?
Did you check out any of that mentor and central game? Central is stout upfront so the QB draws are not going to work and they have the speed off the edge and in the back 7 to pressure and maintain coverage. I also think Elders defense is a dumpster fire at times and they are very undersized going to be hard to bring down Crenshaw

Did you check out any of that mentor and central game? Central is stout upfront so the QB draws are not going to work and they have the speed off the edge and in the back 7 to pressure and maintain coverage. I also think Elders defense is a dumpster fire at times and they are very undersized going to be hard to bring down Crenshaw
I get what you're saying. I think it's going to be a lot closer than what people think. Luebbe finds ways to make plays running or passing, and Elder's WR's find ways to get open. Their defense isn't that great i can agree with. I think it's going to come down to the Special Teams battle.

I get what you're saying. I think it's going to be a lot closer than what people think. Luebbe finds ways to make plays running or passing, and Elder's WR's find ways to get open. Their defense isn't that great i can agree with. I think it's going to come down to the Special Teams battle.
This is true I agree Luebbe can make plays but only if the offensive line can give them a chance. This will really show if the 2 D1 commits are as good as they seem. Also I do think for a rough public school area they have some of the best special teams ive seen, kickers are good and have range and they do their assignments will dynamic playmakers returning the ball. To me this will be too much but I appreciate you discussing this rather than trying to kill me for my opinion like other Elder supporters on here!

This is true I agree Luebbe can make plays but only if the offensive line can give them a chance. This will really show if the 2 D1 commits are as good as they seem. Also I do think for a rough public school area they have some of the best special teams ive seen, kickers are good and have range and they do their assignments will dynamic playmakers returning the ball. To me this will be too much but I appreciate you discussing this rather than trying to kill me for my opinion like other Elder supporters on here!
Offensive line will definitely have to step up. Elder's running back surprised me tonight as well tho. There were many 3rd and 3's and he pounded the ball to get the first down.

You must be writing a term paper on internet trolling. You are all over this site trying to stir up as much crap as possible.

I’ll Bite. Makes no sense. Canton is a a horrible choice Been there many times always an adventure. And not in a good way

Thank you. I was beginning to think that there was something wrong with The Force.

In D1 you have the Elder Panthers playing against Pick Central and then you have D2 LaSalle against their old coach from 2014 Nate Moore from Massillon. Both played great games in the Semi Finals and clashed between each other in week 10. I believe The GCL is the best league in Ohio with no close second. What are your guys thoughts on these two teams bringing back TWO state championship trophies back to Cincinnati?
How many State Titles have the GCL won?

How many State Titles have the GCL won?

The Pope says 10 this century. There were more last century, but that was before the current players were born.

The four GCL south schools have combined to win 10 state football championships since 2002 – with each school winning at least two during that span. La Salle (2014, 2015 and 2016 in DII) and St. Xavier (2005, 2007 and 2016 in DI) have each won three state titles, while Elder (2002 and 2003) and Moeller (2012 and 2013) have both won a pair of DI state crowns. St. Xavier became the first team in OHSAA playoff history to finish the regular season at 5-5 and go on to win a state title, reeling off five consecutive postseason victories in 2016.

Listen that is a great accomplishment but, I promise to you Elder stands no chance next week! Congrats on the great season they have had but they don't have a chance! And Lasalle is a division 1 team that is playing division 2 they should win every state title from now on!

I guess I'll just stay home then.

My apologies to our GCL North brethren. I went back through JoeEitel and found the following:
Chaminade-Julienne, 2002, D2
Alter, 2008, D4
Alter, 2009, D4

and multiple state runners up for Alter.

So 13 this century.

Elder is the underdog in this match up...(But don't think they will think so)...Elder will give up points but honestly played a Colerain and Springfield teams that will have them ready for PC. Elder by 3

You must be writing a term paper on internet trolling. You are all over this site trying to stir up as much crap as possible.
My opinion is trolling? I just try to spark debate.... i dont know who you are but if my opinion offends you then leave the sight? You are a butt hurt fan i said something bad about your precious team like calm down tough guy