Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

My predictions as follows
North
Fenwick-Have some really good guys coming back
Alter- Always solid have a lot of guys coming back from last year.
CJ- will go as far as Gage can carry them. Needs more though
Carroll- lost a lot of points to graduation

Central
Purcell- loaded this year returns almost everyone, chance to maybe sweep if everyone stays healthy
Badin- Will compete for sure, Rebounding could be a struggle but will be athletic and shoot it
Mcnick-Same as Carroll has to replace some really good guys from last year.
Bacon- Losing Phelia hurts a lot. Still pretty young especially in depth

In the North 9 2017-18 1st or 2nd team players return this year. (Bazelak, Cogan, Gage, Napier, Davis, Jefferson, Nauseef, Ruffolo, Wilcox)
In the Central 4 2017-18 1st or 2nd team players return this year (Lyons, Dotson, Garrett, Warah)

Returning ppg and rpg were based on 17-18 stats for all underclass players. Obviously may not be 100% correct as only one 18-19 roster has been posted so far.

Central

McNicholas 2017-18 Record 19-5 (8-2)
Key losses - Burdick 14ppg, Reidy 16.7 ppg, Ehlers 7.7 ppg,
Top returnees - JR Brunot 4.5 ppg, SR Kellerman 6.2 ppg
Return 14.1 ppg and 9.5 rpg

Purcell 2017-18 Record 20-7 (6-4)
Key losses - Taylor 8.4 ppg
Top Returnees - SR Lyons 13.1ppg, SR Dotson 9.1 ppg, SR Warah 8.1 ppg, SR Garrett 7.6 ppg, JR Baldock 6.1 ppg
Return 50.5 ppg and 25 rpg

Roger Bacon 2017-18 Record 5-18 (2-8)
Key Losses - Moore 10.3 ppg, Bibbs 9.6 ppg, Phelia (transfer to Walnut) 7.4ppg
Top Returnee - JR McGee 5.5 ppg
Return 16.4 ppg and 7 rpg

Badin 2017-18 Record 14-10 (4-6)
Key Losses - Tipton 8.3 ppg, Meyer 7.8 ppg, Matthews 6.9 ppg
Top Returnees - JR Switzer 5 ppg, SR Pappas (8 ppg in 16 -sat out 17 with injury)
Return 20 ppg and 9 rpg

North

Carroll 2017-18 Record 16-10 (5-5)
Key Losses - Ramsey 17 ppg
Top Returnees - SR Cogan 11.9 ppg, SR Schaeffer 6.1 ppg, SR Jefferson 5.9 ppg
Return 36 ppg and 15 rpg

CJ 2017-18 Record 11-15 (5-5)
Key Losses - Green 6.4 ppg
Top Returnees - SR Gage 16.7 ppg, SR Wilcox 10.1, SR Nauseef 8.6 ppg, JR Turner 7 ppg
Return 57.6 ppg and 27 rpg

Fenwick 2017-18 Record 17-7 (7-3)
Key Losses - Leurs 12.5 ppg, Engelmeier 9.5 ppg
Top Returnees - SR Napier 15.4 ppg, Davis 5.5 ppg
Return 32.7 ppg and 20 rpg

Alter 2017-18 Record 10-15 (3-7)
Key Losses - None
Top Returnees - SR Bazelak 16.7 ppg, JR Smith 8.5 ppg, SR Ruffolo 6 ppg
Return 55 ppg and 30 rpg

Would love to see what Alter has in store this year as they lost two seniors that did not play at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know how McNick will compete this season but they have some talent returning. Also the frosh team was, I believe, 21-1 last season so there must be something there to help. If they get some underclass experience the next few seasons might look real good for the Rockets.

Tuesday Basketball Time! My picks are

Purcell over La Salle

Elder over Badin

RB over Woodard

Miamisburg over Carroll

CJ over Shawnee

Fenwick over Edgewood

Turpin over McNick

Tuesday Basketball Time! My picks are

Purcell over La Salle

Elder over Badin

RB over Woodard

Miamisburg over Carroll

CJ over Shawnee

Fenwick over Edgewood

Turpin over McNick

Purcell ruins an otherwise perfect night for the Co-ed. CJ, Mcnick and RB with easy wins. Fenwick by 10, Carroll in OT, and Badin was blowing Elder out of the gym at one point and hung on for a 4 point win.
OOC record 8-2 at this point. League games start this Friday.

Purcell ruins an otherwise perfect night for the Co-ed. CJ, Mcnick and RB with easy wins. Fenwick by 10, Carroll in OT, and Badin was blowing Elder out of the gym at one point and hung on for a 4 point win.
OOC record 8-2 at this point. League games start this Friday.

McNick will be competitive. They have some size and some very good sophomores from their 21-1 Frosh team of 2017. Beat Turpin easily last night who had won their opener over Indian Hill.

Was anyone at the LaSalle v Purcell game this week? Haven't heard much about this mild upset by the Lancers?

Yes. Ugly game. Purcell dealing with some injuries right now. Had 3 guys that contribute in street clothes. 3 guys off the bench totaled 0 varsity minutes. Lasalle made shots and rebounded.

Saw the CJ-PM game. Game at first look like a run away by Purcell but CJ kept it tough, CJ came back from double-digits twice. When the game was getting tight, mental errors doomed Purcell, the biggest one being a over-and-back with 5 seconds after a and 1 by Gage.

I heard this morning that Dotson got ejected from the Purcell Game last night vs Elder... Any truth to this or just rumors?

Fenwick 3-0, no surprise there. CJ Napier leading the conference with 20.3 PPG. Stop sleeping on the Falcons led by the Mr. Basketball candidate.

Fenwick 3-0, no surprise there. CJ Napier leading the conference with 20.3 PPG. Stop sleeping on the Falcons led by the Mr. Basketball candidate.

I heard that Jared Morris and travis Dahm along with CJ are looking like the modern day dwade, LBJ, and Bosh. The three headed monster of these young boys alongside the workhorse/liason in Henry Nenni I could see these boys wreaking havoc in the gcl this year and possibly making it out the district with a run to Columbus

I heard this morning that Dotson got ejected from the Purcell Game last night vs Elder... Any truth to this or just rumors?

Elder guys said it happened at the end of the game. Elder player slapped the ball from PM hand and PM player head butted him. So he probably wasn't ejected cause the game was over but might miss the next one.

I heard that Jared Morris and travis Dahm along with CJ are looking like the modern day dwade, LBJ, and Bosh. The three headed monster of these young boys alongside the workhorse/liason in Henry Nenni I could see these boys wreaking havoc in the gcl this year and possibly making it out the district with a run to Columbus

Trotwood's going to be a problem :Ohno:

Trotwood's going to be a problem :Ohno:

Trotwood? A problem? Don't think so. Keep them from playing street ball and actually make them defend old fashioned plays and they're toast. Black top ball doesn't get you very far against fundamental teams

Trotwood? A problem? Don't think so. Keep them from playing street ball and actually make them defend old fashioned plays and they're toast. Black top ball doesn't get you very far against fundamental teams

Better worry more about Taft than Trotwood. Ive seen fenwick they have a good gaurd and then Napier after than not enough horses to compete at that level. Fenwick is better this year than they have been in a while but take napier away and they will struggle