GCL Co-ed 2020

Well only one team went undefeated and won the league outright. I would guess we're talking about the same team

Actually, they were Co-POY... I assume Badin's QB shared it with Alter's RB and maybe a DL/LB from Badin as well? Alter and Badin were way ahead of the rest of the league when it came to personnel and skill.

I'd agree with McDonald as OPY but hicks as DPY is a harder sale for me. If its because hes going to be a future Buckeye, then I get it but otherwise there were a number of other players with more significant stats etc.

Personally I think Jayden Carter from Badin is the most dynamic defensive play maker in the conference.

Although POY is not a “stat” award, I see your points. Hicks didn’t lead Alter in any statistical categories. McDonald on the other hand racked up a bunch of yards. Why Owens stays at CJ is confusing to me. That guy is a one man show.

Hicks is the best all around player on Alter’s team. I would assume teams in the GCL found ways to take him out of plays which is why his stats are down. Several years ago Clinton Massie had the Uetrecht kid at LB (Ball State). He didn’t lead their league in any stat categories either because teams ran away from him. He was still the best player in the league because he changed other team’s game plans.

Personally the guy that stood of for me on the defense for Alter was #68. Kid was a animal, couple times shed 3 blocks and make the tackle. Hicks, i saw the closing speed and reach but he's playing off athletics. Actually the Hicks personal foul on (CM Qb) the go ahead score hurt Alter in that situation pretty bad (added 15 on a 20 yd pass). Worst thing is he had another one that was close to getting called on the qb, then driving a player to the ground after the whistle was close too. Kinda set himself up for that personal foul he got late in the game. He's definitely good and cool to see what a buckeye looks like but not sure he's the mvp on his own team?! I'd say #68 or #2 maybe, both them kids can play ball and bring it on Defense. #10 too heck of a player, running and passing. Geesh man, this team is loaded. Would not be surprised to see them win this region. I was at the CM\Alter game, wish i could of watched Badin\Alter.

#2 Plate and #68 is Keighley. Both are team leaders and have been a force on the Alter defense this year. I've heard nothing but great things about those two. #2 has been a big on their special teams recovering probably 4-5 fumbles this year on punt and kick off.

Hopefully them young men are getting some looks, #2 Plate brings a "pop" filling gaps, so does Hicks. #68 Keighley had to have 10+ tackles against CM.

If McNicholas QB didn't get hurt and their back up didn't muff their rugby punt vs Badin and lose 10-7, there would have been a 3 way tie for the league with Alter. It's in the past now (coulda, woulda, shoulda)

If McNicholas QB didn't get hurt and their back up didn't muff their rugby punt vs Badin and lose 10-7, there would have been a 3 way tie for the league with Alter. It's in the past now (coulda, woulda, shoulda)
I didn't get to see that game. Wow.

If true, probably best now because quite a rebuilding job ahead of the next person. Personal opinion, feel bad for the kids to have someone quit on them. Has to to go all the way to the the AD and Principal after another gone.

If true, probably best now because quite a rebuilding job ahead of the next person. Personal opinion, feel bad for the kids to have someone quit on them. Has to to go all the way to the the AD and Principal after another gone.
?????????????? can you offer some clarity

Where’d you hear that?

you can hear it on the coconut telegraph. By now everybody knows. who comes and go’s, who comes and goes. Saying this and that. Crammed multiple versus into that sentence. Also from an email sent out to my nephew saying coach stepped down

If this is true about Fenwick then the program will continue to struggle imo, I don't understand why Fenwick is a revolving door lately?

At
If this is true about Fenwick then the program will continue to struggle imo, I don't understand why Fenwick is a revolving door lately?
Athletic Director, principal, and “influential” parents IMO. Big donors want “Johnny” to play certain positions. AD and principal kiss their proverbial butt cheeks. Have and the have not world at that school

Not happening

Must be a slow news day for that rumor to spread. :LOL:

Sounds like Fenwicks AD is a real piece of work and has ruffled feathers everywhere he has been. I highly doubt any coach with any degree of self-worth and knowledge of the subject throws their name into the hat for this.

Personally as private school jobs go, I think the Fenwick job on the surface looks like a great job.