GCL Co-ed 2020

Just walked out of the Carroll Fenwick game. Never seen anything like this. Fenwick has at least 10 personal foul penalties and 2 ejections in the second half. Totally out of control. You can tell the refs are not happy embarrassing for fenwick
I have son at DC and am considering sending my younger son to Fenwick.
Just walked out of the Carroll Fenwick game. Never seen anything like this. Fenwick has at least 10 personal foul penalties and 2 ejections in the second half. Totally out of control. You can tell the refs are not happy embarrassing for fenwick
I have one son at DC and am considering sending my younger boy to Fenwick, so I streamed this game on friday to see what's going on. There were were a number of personal fouls against both teams. There also were zero ejections. Not sure what you were watching?

I have one son at DC and am considering sending my younger boy to Fenwick, so I streamed this game on friday to see what's going on. There were were a number of personal fouls against both teams. There also were zero ejections. Not sure what you were watching?
You are semi correct. Only 1 ejection and to Fenwick’s coaches credit, 2 kids asked to be removed by the refs to settle the situation down, that were removed by Fenwick. 18 penalties for 252 yds for Fenwick, average of 14 yds per penalty. Carroll 13 penalties for 125 yds, that’s 10 yds per penalty. Which side had more personal fouls?

Last edited:

Not sure what sports your son plays to consider going to Fenwick over Alter unless its baseball. Alter has overall had Fenwick's number in most sports. Will Fenwick beat Alter in matchups/games? Sure, but interesting choice to leave DC to go to Fenwick when Alter was has a major winning percentage advantage over them in football, basketball, soccer, volleyball, golf, XC, tennis etc

Not sure what sports your son plays to consider going to Fenwick over Alter unless its baseball. Alter has overall had Fenwick's number in most sports. Will Fenwick beat Alter in matchups/games? Sure, but interesting choice to leave DC to go to Fenwick when Alter was has a major winning percentage advantage over them in football, basketball, soccer, volleyball, golf, XC, tennis etc
And if it's baseball go right on 122 instead of left, or go down one exit 129 and go to Badin.

You are semi correct. Only 1 ejection and to Fenwick’s coaches credit, 2 kids asked to be removed by the refs to settle the situation down, that were removed by Fenwick. 18 penalties for 252 yds for Fenwick, average of 14 yds per penalty. Carroll 13 penalties for 125 yds, that’s 10 yds per penalty. Which side had more personal fouls?
[

I guess we now know what thecoachmoore’s alternate yappi Id is, DCwarriordad

CJ actually was in the finals three straight years. A runner-up then two titles. Super impressive! Badin was in the finals the year before the Eagles run as well.
Can't make a poor decision in sending your children to any of the GCL schools.

Honestly. There’s more to life than sports. We want my son to have a positive sports experience but it’s also convenient for us, and the educational experience is very good.

CJ, Carroll pick up Ws in Week 1 of playoffs.
Fenwick got drilled, Badin, McNick and Alter in Byes... who ya got in Rd. 2?

Dunbar @ Alter, Alter by a ton. Alter 49-7
Wapakoneta @ Badin, Badin wins this one 35-7
CJ @ Bellbrook, this one could be interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if CJ keeps it close. Bellbrook 28-14
Carroll @ Trotwood, wont be close. TW 42-7
Unito @ McNick, likely closer than it should be but McKnick D will persevere, McKnick 24-7

I watched Unito scout film. I don't think they'll get the chunk plays against McNick's D (which has remained healthy). They are pretty big up front. They play everyone both ways so I could see them wearing down in the second half. With the QB injury McNick will be run heavy so we'll see how that goes.

Unioto is the largest school in their conference (mostly D5/6 schools) and the conference is very down this year so I dont see them winning this game even with McNick’s injuries.

Some of these teams just get overwhelmed by GCL sports including football. Minus Alter and Badin, it's been kinda down the last couple of years but middle of the pack GCL teams seem to fair pretty well against other school with better records in many sports. I think McNicholas will win by 21+ based on coaching, discipline, and football IQ.

Just for kicks Calpreps predictions:

Mcnick 35 Unioto. 6
Alter 35 Dunbar 13 (they predicted this score exactly)
Badin 35 Wapakoneta 0 if it woulda happened.

Next week: Waverly 31 McNick 21
Alter 28 Trotwood Madison 17
Badin 28 Tipp City 6

Last edited:
Bellbrook is that good. Alter, Badin or Twood have zero chance to beat them

I sense a little tounge in cheek there Zman.

Not a great CJ team but thought they had a fighters chance. I actually think this region is wide open.

Bellbrook is that good. Alter, Badin or Twood have zero chance to beat them
A complete embarrassment to Chaminade history and the league. Bring back Purcell. You don't get beat that badly unless you lay down. Kudos to Carroll for holding off the consensus local favorite. Shows spine

A complete embarrassment to Chaminade history and the league. Bring back Purcell. You don't get beat that badly unless you lay down. Kudos to Carroll for holding off the consensus local favorite. Shows spine
Agree, the way the newspaper article read the CJ coach said every thing that could go wrong went wrong. When you get dominated like that though I wonder how into CJ was?

I was actually hoping the Cougars and Rams were going to battle this week. Was looking forward to a week of Zeeman's Ric Flair, whoooos ? Guess the Cougars wanted no part of it.
Might get a woo if they play Alter and beat them ?

I saw a few of the player of the year awards. Does anybody know both of the offensive and defensive player of the year awards
McNick announced members of the all league team about 10 days ago but I have not seen POY announced. In fact, I can't even find all league anywhere except for coach's email.